To Fanny Pack or not to Fanny Pack?

I do not use a fanny pack because it looks silly. Or, more appropriately, I don’t want to look silly. However, they seem so convenient and secure. Lets face it, I am a 40 year old guy that wear crocs all the time because they are soooo comfortable. We all know how stylish crocs are… (NOT)!!!

So do you use a fanny pack?

I don’t see the need for a fanny pack when they make “sling” or “messenger style” bags. Those are still attached to your body and much more convenient in my opinion.

Not that I’m proud of a fanny pack…but I like the convenience and practically it brings. Everything I need at my finger tips, somewhere to safely tuck my camera while on rides, I stay hands free at all times and I don’t have to worry about setting a bag down somewhere and walking off without. That said, I’ve tried to find the smallest fp to get the job done. So convenience over fashion, I use one.

At disney I wear/use whatever works. At home I carry a purse to church, every other day I use a tiny coin purse that fits in my pocket to carry credit cards and such. At disney at times I look like a walking store. I have use a fanny pack WITH a umbrella and a drink mug clipped on. Now most of the time my DH and I will carry nothing. If it’s raining then I will use a back pack for rain gear. When people wear mickey ears, birthday cake hats, goofy hats as normal dress, what’s so strange about a fanny pack?? I’m usually amazed when I see people dressed up at disney. Wearing heels, suit coats etc…Now that looks odd.

I wear a little woven backpack by The Sak. I love it!

:redface:My wife uses a fanny pack. I simply bought shorts that have 8 pockets! One pair tan, one pair of black, and I can match every shirt I have.

I don’t wear crocs, but I do still have 1 golf shirt with an aligator on it.

[QUOTE=Big Al;873169]:redface:My wife uses a fanny pack. I simply bought shorts that have 8 pockets! One pair tan, one pair of black, and I can match every shirt I have.

I don’t wear crocs, but I do still have 1 golf shirt with an aligator on it.[/QUOTE]

Truly a man after my own fashon sense. I like your thinking!!

I used to wear a fanny pack and my DH and all 3 girls did too. They really were conveinent too use. Now we take one large backpack for DH and I and the girls each have a smaller disney drawstring type backpack for their things. My rule is that if you are over 6, you carry your own stuff.

I don’t wear a fanny pack because I don’t have much to carry, and when I do, it’s too much to fit in a fanny pack, so I opt for a sling bag, considering I’m not very good at carrying purses/totes.

My dad wears a fanny pack when he goes skiing… we make fun of him… he calls it his “man pack.” mmhmm… very manly, Dad. :laugh:

My mom often carries a sling bag, but recently switched to a fanny pack she got at WDW because you can wear them onto rollercoasters at IOA/Universal (you have to get lockers for your bags there… such a pain).

It depends on personal preference, really. Fanny packs are easy to access, verses the backpack/sling bag you have to take off your back to get into. They can also be worn onto rides, and you don’t worry so much about losing them… or people getting into them without your knowledge. But, you do lose the “coolness factor” a bit.

I don’t see a problem with fanny packs and I agree, it makes it easy to keep your valuables. But we used one of the small sling packs - or back packs the last time and it actually worked better than the fanny. You took it off, put it between the legs on a ride, where the fanny pack sometimes just got in the way.

I, personally, do not like fanny packs. I would much rather have a small backpack.

I don’t wear a fanny pack. I only carry my KttK. My DH on the other hand always carries a backpack. No fanny packs here :wink:

Although I am not a fan of fanny packs (my fanny is packed enough!!), I think a man pulls it off better than a woman. I think if you were to go the fanny pack route, I think a manly fanny pack (large and sportsy) would look best. Oh, and make sure it matches you crocs!

Fanny packs, or rather, butt packs/butt bags, are just so late 80’s early 90’s that I don’t even own one, and haven’t since around 1995.
Maybe if I were working and had to carry tools and/or nails-bolts-screws, but certainly not in a park! That’s why my shorts have cargo pockets, and I don’t overload them either!
Plus, without one, you can enter the parks using the “no bag” lines and avoid inspections and delays.

One word- Baggalini!!! I took the suggestion from some MBers here (who were ragging on fanny packs:laugh:), and the one I bought is really the best thing ever for WDW.

I never owned one and thankfully, neither does DH. :laugh: Actually I use a sling type bag. I have a bunch that I switch off between. I also have a backpack that I sometimes I hang on the stroller for our extras.

In my opinion fanny packs went out with side ponytails and day-glow legwarmers. It’s just a no-no :laugh:

Nice!!! And by match, I hope you mean faded and with a little tear in it…

[QUOTE=Soundgod;873214]Fanny packs, or rather, butt packs/butt bags, are just so late 80’s early 90’s that I don’t even own one, and haven’t since around 1995.
[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm… I have jeans from the 90’s that are just getting broken in. Does that mean I am the only member of the members only club? Just kidding on that one.

DW is the same way. She used to reg on me for my Sandels (and no I don’t wear socks with them). She called them my Mandels. That is how I ended up with my crocs.

She just rolls her eyes when I get dressed on Saturday morning.