To Use Yellow Tags or not?

Looking for experience or opinions. Taking another quick trip to the Mouse with Mom and my
Sister. Our flight lands at 9:35pm. ME booklet states you have to pick up your luggage if its after 10:00pm. Seeing we are cutting it so close, wondering if people can share their experiences with similar flight schedule. Just so you know, we will be pushing Mom in a wheel chair, so it would be greatly convenient to use the yellow tags and not have to pick up the luggage, but don’t want to run into problems.

Due to anything happening I suggest you just pick up your bags, plus if your coming in that late remember you have to wait for your bags anyway if you use DME.

I’d skip te tags to be on the safe side. Who knows when the bags would make it to your resort. There are usually plenty of skycaps for assitance for tips, if needed.

Our last flight was scheduled to land at 9:45 pm. We decided to take a chance and use the tags. We landed a few minutes early (maybe 15 minutes) so we ended up being glad we used the tags. Our luggage was in our room maybe 15-20 minutes after we got to our room. We packed what we needed for the night and the following day in carry on luggage so we wouldn’t have needed it but it was nice to have it.

What if your flight is delayed? Will it just end up in the luggage claim with all the other bags? If so, you’ve got nothing to lose by using them.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1002601]Our last flight was scheduled to land at 9:45 pm. We decided to take a chance and use the tags. We landed a few minutes early (maybe 15 minutes) so we ended up being glad we used the tags. Our luggage was in our room maybe 15-20 minutes after we got to our room. We packed what we needed for the night and the following day in carry on luggage so we wouldn’t have needed it but it was nice to have it.

What if your flight is delayed? Will it just end up in the luggage claim with all the other bags? If so, you’ve got nothing to lose by using them.[/QUOTE]

I would assume that happens, you can use them just in case but the worst is you have to pick the up.

I would echo Disney Teacher. Carry on what you need for the night, and let ME deliver the rest. It’s not like you’re going to need everything that night, anyway. By the time you get to the resort, check in, and get to the room, you’ll probably just want to go to sleep.

We used the tags for a late arrival in 2008. I believe we landed around 9pm. We didn’t see any of our luggage until 2am…then some more at 6am and then the rest at 2pm the next day. And yes, they did knock on our door at 2 and 6 am, lol.

At that late hour I wouldn’t do it again.

[QUOTE=Jen;1002638]We used the tags for a late arrival in 2008. I believe we landed around 9pm. We didn’t see any of our luggage until 2am…then some more at 6am and then the rest at 2pm the next day. And yes, they did knock on our door at 2 and 6 am, lol.

At that late hour I wouldn’t do it again.[/QUOTE]

It’s changed since then, if you arrive after 10 pm you have to claim your own luggage.