Toddlers and Water Parks

Tell me about taking a toddler to a water park. I heard TL is better for little ones, do you agree?

Are there any slides that I can go on with her (because I don’t much think she will be ready to go by herself)? (She will be almost 2).

Thanks in advance, for any information!

[QUOTE=KittieKChick;933413]Tell me about taking a toddler to a water park. I heard TL is better for little ones, do you agree?

Are there any slides that I can go on with her (because I don’t much think she will be ready to go by herself)? (She will be almost 2).

Thanks in advance, for any information![/QUOTE]

I can definitely agree. I took DD there when she was 2 in 2007. The kids area is great. They have PhotoPass people there, they took TONS of pics of her. There is also the Lazy River and the Wave Pool…stay to the back, since it’s rough. There are a couple of Family Slides you can take her on.

HAVE FUN!!! :happy:

I definitely think TL is more toddler friendly. The Lazy River is awesome, plus the wave pool. There is a kid’s area as well. BB is definitely more adult / teen oriented.

As you are looking at the wave pool, there is a section to the left where the pool itself sort of turns into a little lagoon, so the waves have to curl around into it. It’s great for toddlers, because they can get the feel fo the waves without getting too much jostling.

There are slides in the toddler section, which is even farther back to the left, and you are welcome to go on them with your kid, but the slope is pretty mild, so you might have to push yourself along – it’s great for the 35-pound set, but big people have to do some pushing.

I think TL is better for little ones, as well. BB is better once they are a little bigger. Even though BB has a kiddie area, my toddlers felt the slides were still a little too advanced for them. When they hit 9 or 10, then they went BB crazy!

TL is the most toddler friendly water park. BB has a kiddie area but little slides run very little water and the kids get stuck inside and we’ve ended up having to climb up to get them out.

TL has great kiddie areas. They have an area where the wavepool sends waves in that only reach a few inches deep so little ones can splash around. The lazy river is great, the family ride is tame but fun to do with really little ones. The children’s area has a lot of fun splash activities and there is even a mini lazy river that you can put your kids on a mini tube and let them float through while walking beside them. Our kids love the water and they each did that one when they were only 18months and loved it. You can also take them to the shark swimming area and while they are to young to swim, you can take them below to look into the tank.

TL is a great family park, you’re going to have a great time. And, if you’re early try to grab a seat near a beach hut so you’ll be guaranteed some shade for your little one during the day.

TL is the place to go with little ones. My DS was 8 the first time we went but there were loads of families with tiny ones. You can even hold your wee one in the wave pool but I would suggest you not go in too deep, it can get rough. There are little lagoons all in front of the wave pool with little island type sections to slow up the water.

Ketchakiddie Creek is a young children play area with loads to do. Shark Reef is a neat place to take the kids to see all the fish and go below the water into a ship to view the fish too. The wave pool has a slide for the little ones also, it is off to your left as you face it the wave pool.

The lazy river is the best. Loads of surprises a long the way.

There is also a very shallow pool in front of Crush n Gusher. If you are waiting for older or adult companions who are riding on CNG, the little ones can play in the shallow pool.

We usually go to the water park in the morning and hit a major park in the afternoon. If you go in the morning, go at rope drop. It is fun. Everyone waits at the rope, as you would in a major park, and when they drop the rope, you walk almost at a jogging pace to claim your spot. The good spots go fast. There are areas with umbrellas, covered tables or areas with palm trees. TL is definately more shaded than BB.

Have fun.

[QUOTE=iluvwdw;933432]I can definitely agree. I took DD there when she was 2 in 2007. The kids area is great. They have PhotoPass people there, they took TONS of pics of her. There is also the Lazy River and the Wave Pool…stay to the back, since it’s rough. There are a couple of Family Slides you can take her on.

HAVE FUN!!! :happy:[/QUOTE]

Wow, I had no idea they had photopass photographers at the water parks too, thats pretty neat!

Yep! and they give you a mini-photopass card on a bungie bracelet so you can get wet and won’t lose it!!
They’ll even stand in the wave pool to catch a pic of you and your family being hit by a wave!:blink:
They took pics of our son about to go down one of the smaller slides. When he came down the slide he had a photopass card and we didn’t know where it came from!:happy:

Both BB and TL are great for little kids. Both have an area just for little kids. Both parks have a family ride. Toddlers are not allowed on the slides unless they are a certain height and you cannot ride with them on your lap. Some rides are for 2 people, but that 2 person must sit in the tube hole by themself.

Get a life jacket while you are there- they are free and great for little ones to use!

[QUOTE=johnkimv;933485]Both BB and TL are great for little kids. Both have an area just for little kids. Both parks have a family ride. Toddlers are not allowed on the slides unless they are a certain height and you cannot ride with them on your lap. Some rides are for 2 people, but that 2 person must sit in the tube hole by themself.

Get a life jacket while you are there- they are free and great for little ones to use![/QUOTE]

Free? That’s my favorite price! :laugh:

Thanks everyone. Definitely sounds like we will be going to TL this time.

[QUOTE=KittieKChick;933491]Free? That’s my favorite price! :laugh:

Thanks everyone. Definitely sounds like we will be going to TL this time.[/QUOTE]

Yes! All the Disney Resorts have free lifejackets too!

Isn’t the TL area called something like “Ketchakiddiecreek”?

We took DD#2 there when she was a bit over ten months old and she love it so much she screamed when we left! (She wasn’t even walking yet.) Haven’t been there in 3-4 years or so but the TL kiddie area was really well done.

BTW, we should have took the hint then–she lettered 4 years in swimming in high school and was MVP her senior year!

We have so many awesome pics from the photopass’ we received at TL!!! And no matter how many you have, you can add them all to one account.

That is great! I will definitely take advantage of this.

When we first took our daugther to Disney she was 18 months old and it was a stressful trip – didn’t want to ride in the stroller, didn’t want to walk, etc. you all get the picture.

Anyway, the one day we went to TL, was great - she loved it, plenty to do with toddler and she was happy :slight_smile:

PS, she has since grown to LOVE disney, but 18 months is just tough.

[QUOTE=Jen in Maine;934064]When we first took our daugther to Disney she was 18 months old and it was a stressful trip – didn’t want to ride in the stroller, didn’t want to walk, etc. you all get the picture.

Anyway, the one day we went to TL, was great - she loved it, plenty to do with toddler and she was happy :slight_smile:

PS, she has since grown to LOVE disney, but 18 months is just tough.[/QUOTE]

Little ones spend so much time in the stroller and in line at the parks, the waterparks are a great time for them to get out of the stroller and play!! My kids LOVE them!!