Tokyo Disney Resort closes to assess damage from devastating quake

Tokyo Disney was affected by the earth quake in Japan. Many people were stranded inside the park and not able to leave.

Tokyo Disney Resort closes to assess damage from devastating quake | Company Town | Los Angeles Times

Oh geez, I forgot all about TDR! I hope everything is okay there.

That is very understandable. No one wants to have a gleeful day there right now. It will reopen when it is time. Those people have more to worry about right now, like running water and food.

Wow I totally forgot about TD too.

This is all that Disney now has to say about when it will reopen.
Tokyo Disney Resort Official WebSite

Wow many thoughts and prayers to the cast and guests at TDR!

I was watching live updates from someones twitter feed and Iphone videos ( I was awake and online during the quake) It was a tragedy. But I must say, from what I saw, the CM’s handled it super well. I’d be freaking out if I were them. I couldn’t imagine working and keeping people calm in something like Hurricane Katrina… Bravo to them!

[QUOTE=timkelmom;1069711]Tokyo Disney was affected by the earth quake in Japan. Many people were stranded inside the park and not able to leave.

I truly feel for all those in Japan right now. I lived there (Okinawa) for 3 yrs in the 90’s and let me say that those ppl are Amazing!!! On a lighter note though, if I was to be stranded anywhere I couldn’t think of a better place than inside Disney :happy: