Tomorrowland Old or New?

This got mentioned in another thread, so I thought a poll would be great:

Do you prefer the 1998 Jules Verne/Buck Rogers revamp of Tomorrowland or would you prefer WDW go back to the old “Jetsons” style version of Tomorrowland?

I agree that the previous TL was too “Jetsons”-like. Made it seem outdated and dull. I like the newer Tomorrowland much better.

I love the Jetsons. You do know that the Jetsons were originally on on Sunday nights after Disney on NBC (or was it before, I can’t quite remember, other than they were on one after the other).
That might be a reason why I liked the old decor of the Contemporary.
Anyway, seeing as my first visit to WDW was 1996 and didn’t return until 1999, I never really saw the old version.
Whatever it’s form, Tomorrowland has always been my favorite from the first time I saw Disneyland on TV.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;932561]I love the Jetsons. You do know that the Jetsons were originally on on Sunday nights after Disney on NBC (or was it before, I can’t quite remember, other than they were on one after the other).
That might be a reason why I liked the old decor of the Contemporary.
Anyway, seeing as my first visit to WDW was 1996 and didn’t return until 1999, I never really saw the old version.
Whatever it’s form, Tomorrowland has always been my favorite from the first time I saw Disneyland on TV.[/QUOTE]

The Jetsons was absolutely one of my favorite toons as a kid. I saw the old version at DL when I was a teenager and then again at MK. I’m with you, although I prefer the newer, I was okay with the old. I guess when I get old, I’ll be making that run to Space Mountain on my scooter.

I love TL as is and can’t really remember what it was like before.

You youngsters!

I like Jetsons but think that could be a personal nostalgia reason too as it was one my favourites way back when!

I like the new TL, but I wish they would bring back Alien Encounter!

You’ve got that right! They really messed it up when they changed it to Stitch, especially the chili dog breath.
Although I think the Stitch animatronic is one of the best I’ve ever seen.

I voted to keep the new one, cause honestly my memories of the old one are very foggy.

I guess the “Terminator” look isn’t an option? :laugh:

Now that would be cool (but isn’t that owned by that “other” park?).

i say go for the revamp. I like old Jetsons style and ok maybe its not overly futuristic looking but its still cool.

Surely I saw it before the revamp, but I really can’t remember it. Weird! Must be old age setting in.

Shameless bump.

Ditto:heart:

I like the “new” one better. Actually wish they would finish the job. If you look they just stop at certain points around Tomorrowland.

I don’t remember the old one, so I can’t really judge. It looks good the way it is now, I think.