Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party

I am trying to book the dessert party for early October. No tables available online, so I called. They haven’t set up October yet in the system, though they do have the days of the MNSSHP blocked. Any idea how soon that will be available?

Yes, they usually don’t open up the dessert party until 3-4 months out.

90 days out.
Meanwhile, if at first you can’t get a reservation, keep trying every couple days.
At first the days I wanted were not available, but about 8 days later, I tried on line and got a booking.

One thing to keep in mind.
With other reservations, you can play around a little and try party sizes that are larger than yours and see if you can get a table that way. With the dessert party, you have to pay 100% up front, which means you can only make reservations for your exact party size, unless you’ve got deep pockets.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1115092]90 days out.
Meanwhile, if at first you can’t get a reservation, keep trying every couple days.
At first the days I wanted were not available, but about 8 days later, I tried on line and got a booking.[/QUOTE]

That’s what they say, but it really isn’t exactly 90 days out. It changes everytime. If you want the scoop on when they open up the ADRs, follow this thread on the DIS - Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread August 2012 now open - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

Also, with the dessert party, they don’t open up the ADRs day by day - they open up the entire month on the same day. So whether you’re booking Oct 1st or 31st, you’ll be able to book on the same day.

August 2012 recently opened, so I’m guessing you have another two months until October opens.

Really? They’re that erratic on opening up dates and reservations?
There was once an airline commercial that asked, “Is this any way to run an airline?”
In that case, the answer was, “You bet it is!”
In this case, I’m not so sure.
I’m pretty sure I won’t do this again. But for now, this is the only way to watch Wishes from the Terrace (I’m redoing my fireworks videos in HD and this is one of my “main 5” positions in the MK.) and I’ve got a niece making her first visit.

I like the idea of the party, but it isn’t an experience that calls to me to repeat again and again. Especially at the cost of $55 for two people.

We attended the dessert party last February. Decided that afternoon and booked at the hotel.

We loved it. It was relaxing, desserts were great, and the view was fantastic. We are going to do it this trip. We are bringing my niece who will be 22 months, her first trip and good view.

[QUOTE=Magic;1115149]We attended the dessert party last February. Decided that afternoon and booked at the hotel.

We loved it. It was relaxing, desserts were great, and the view was fantastic. We are going to do it this trip. We are bringing my niece who will be 22 months, her first trip and good view.[/QUOTE]

What time are you allowed in? and do the desserts continue for a while after?

They let you in about a quarter til 9:00 (when it starts), but a line began forming about 45 minutes prior.

The CMs pick up the desserts during the fireworks, and are pretty clear that the party is over immediately after. We were trying to sit there and enjoy our lemonade afterwards while waiting for someone to come back from the bathroom, and a CM kept coming by and asking if we were finished, if she could take anything, etc. They want you to leave so that they can leave! :laugh: (Don’t get me wrong - they were very nice about it, but it was pretty obvious what they were trying to do!)

We were allowed in an hour preceding the fireworks. . some people brought in their dinner and sat at the tables and then had the dessert (they got dinner from one of the take out burger places in tomorrow land). Desserts were available until after the fireworks when they cleaned up. I didn’t feel rushed to leave, but the desserts were put away quickly after.

No rushed feeling, actually quite relaxing.