Too cold to swim in Dec?

We are thinking of doing a trip right before Christmas, around the 16th and through the 23rd in 2014 and my mom was concerned that she wouldn’t be able to go swimming at the resorts, which is one of her favorite parts of vacationing at WDW. Is it warm enough in December to swim at times, or is that out of the question?

Thanks!

I’m not sure how comfortable she will be getting out of the pool, but all Disney resort pools are heated, so the water won’t be too bad.

Depends. Some years it’s warm enough to go swimming at midnight on New Years Eve.
Some years, you’d swear it’s just about to snow.

We have somehow missed the warm weather in December—it has always been at least sweatshirt weather, and more often coat and hat weather. One NYE it got down to 29 degrees!!! The line for hot chocolate on main street was way down the street!!!

Even though it was hot hot hot----last week when we were there, we have decided it’s much better than going when the canals freeze over and they cover the topiarys up!!

We have friends who have been in Dec when it was warm…guess we didn’t time it right!!!

We’ve been to wdw in December 6 times, always within the first two weeks. The first two times we never wore a coat. One time it was cool except the last two days of our vacation. It got up to low 70’s. The other 3 times we froze, and we’re from Wisconsin so we know cold. December is very iffy in Florida so now we go in Oct/Nov…

I guess it depends on the weather. Personally - I don’t think I’ve ever gone in a pool at WDW November through February…I’ve been colder in Florida in February than I am at home… but when we were there last November I distinctly remember a lot of people in the pools.

I posted on the other thread, but most of the years we have gone we have spent several afternoons at the pool.

-Harry

They say that… BUT! 2 February’s ago the pool at WL and VWL sure wasn’t heated.:eek:

Thanks so much for the information. I will pass it on to my mom so she can decide if she still wants to go this trip. I love going when it is hot, but really want to see WDW at Christmastime!

Thanks again!

December weather is wacky, and you could definitely end up with really warm days! I say goooooo – the Christmas spirit is amazing at WDW!

We, too, are hoping for a warmish December. We’ll be there December 9-15 and are hoping to try out the new pool at AoA. Fingers crossed!

[QUOTE=jen9804;1120676]Thanks so much for the information. I will pass it on to my mom so she can decide if she still wants to go this trip. I love going when it is hot, but really want to see WDW at Christmastime!

Thanks again![/QUOTE]

I hope your mom decides to go - the Christmas festivities are well worth giving up an afternoon or two at the pool.

If you are from Minnesota… I say yes!! It will only be cold when you get out!

:rolleyes:
:tongue:

Very true!

Of course, I don’t swim unless it is at least 85 degrees. I hate to be cold. :laugh::laugh:

That’s what I think. She’d be trading something familiar that she loves for something spectacular that she can’t imagine yet. That is what always happens to us at WDW. We feel bad about missing something we’ve seen before, but are blown away by the new experiences we have there.

Thanks for your feedback. I’ll let her know its worth the trade!

Let your mom hang out by the Osbourne Lights in DHS for an hour.
She might almost forget she’s in Florida.

If it’s warm enough I’ll be dipping my boys in the pool …
… oops , I mean Toes … Dipping my Toes !!! :blush: