Too much in one day?

Sooo, I have been playing around with our still up in the air possible fall trip to WDW and when I heard this week that Le Cellier was going to become a Signature restaurant for lunch as well as dinner next year, I wanted to find a way to work lunch in there. My dad LOVES Le Cellier. When we plan a trip and ask where he would like to eat, that is the only place he ever names. We haven’t been in a long while and I doubt we will go when it becomes Signature and this even more pricey at lunch.

Anyhow, I am leaning towards the Deluxe DDP for the first 2 night of our stay and had planned on a large breakfast (probably at CP) and a dinner in either Epcot or an Epcot area resort. Adding a lunch at Le Cellier just complicates everything! :eek:

I have been toying with the idea of light breakfast in the room, lunch at Le Cellier and a late dinner at Cape May. My one concern is that it will be just too much food. We are generally not 2 ADRs per day people and we rarely do a full lunch AND dinner. Our usual touring style is QS breakfast (but usually something substantial like eggs or mickey waffle), late TS lunch and then snacky or QS dinner.

The only reason I am considering this is because my dad is not a huge fan of Cape May anyway. He has a shellfish allergy and can’t eat a lot of what they have. My mom on the other hand, LOVES it there, mostly because she can eat all the shellfish she wants. But I still worry about it being too much food for one day.

Thoughts?

I would do it, just his once. Just because.

That IS a lot of food. I can’t imagine eating more than one FS restaurant in a single day.

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: Sorry, it took me a minute to get past Le Cellier going full Sig.
If you want Le Cellier and Cape May why not do CP for breakie, Cape May for dinner then Le Cellier for lunch the next day.

I’m with Mickeybug…can you break it up into 2 days?

That is a lot of food in one day but I think you would be fine if you booked an early lunch at maybe 11 or 11:30 (as early as possible) and say a 7:30 or 8:00 dinner. I would have to make sure I didn’t eat too much at lunch, just a steak with no appetizer and no dessert. I think I would be ok then.

OK - now Disney is just getting downright greedy. Signature for lunch at LeCellier! Good grief!

Anyway - I have to agree that that is a heck of a lot of food, but as DT says - book the earliest lunch and the latest dinner and do a lot of walking in between. If it’s your dad’s favourite, then he should have a treat - you’ve all be through a lot this year. You guys deserve it.

—can I butt in and ask what “signature” means in the way of dining? We don’t pay much attention to restaurants at WDW—it’s about the bottom of our list of must do’s so I am not familiar with the terms.

Does signature relate to the Dining Plan maybe? Just curious. Thanks. :huh:

It means it will be 2 TS credits for both meals now. It’s a bummer! We love Le Cellier but not enough to spend 2 TS credits on it. I agree with the early lunch and late dinner approach!

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks Le Cellier as a signature meal at lunch is just ridiculous. I really don’t think it should be a signature at dinner either but Disney doesn’t ask me for my opinions. :laugh: I really enjoy the food there but I think the cramped dining room doesn’t really provide a “signature dining” atmosphere. That is why I think we need to squeeze it in this time because there is no way I am paying signature prices at lunch in there. :laugh:

Ideally I would spread it out over two days but it won’t work with the way I have everything else (tentatively) planned. My dad and I likely won’t eat much at Cape May so he can go crazy at his favorite Le Cellier and then have a lighter dinner. My mom can get something lighter at Le Cellier and go crazy at Cape May.

I ha already booked a late lunch at Le Cellier so I guess I should check what they even have available earlier before getting all worked up about it.

Thanks for the input!

[QUOTE=smallworld;1116117]—can I butt in and ask what “signature” means in the way of dining? We don’t pay much attention to restaurants at WDW—it’s about the bottom of our list of must do’s so I am not familiar with the terms.

Does signature relate to the Dining Plan maybe? Just curious. Thanks. :huh:[/QUOTE]

“Signature” means more expensive. I already find most Disney Dining to be way overpriced. But, hey, it’s vacation and the parks are going to charge what people are willing to pay.

The Signature restaurants are categorized either because they are truly fancy (ex. Victoria & Alberts) or in such high demand that WDW can charge more (ex. Cinderella’s Royal Table). I feel LeCellier fits into the second category. It’s good food, which makes it in high demand.

But I’ve noticed over the past few days that there are many time slots open for “Signature” restaurants, and only a handful for regular dining.

I agree with everything said. Let’s recap

1. Do it - you only live once
  2. Earliest lunch and latest dinner available (good luck it’s booked solid)
  3. that being a signature meal is a joke

[QUOTE=Cavey;1116126]“Signature” means more expensive. I already find most Disney Dining to be way overpriced. But, hey, it’s vacation and the parks are going to charge what people are willing to pay.

The Signature restaurants are categorized either because they are truly fancy (ex. Victoria & Alberts) or in such high demand that WDW can charge more (ex. Cinderella’s Royal Table). I feel LeCellier fits into the second category. It’s good food, which makes it in high demand.

But I’ve noticed over the past few days that there are many time slots open for “Signature” restaurants, and only a handful for regular dining.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this explanation. I thought that might be it.

[QUOTE=KarenWDWCP;1116081]Sooo, I have been playing around with our still up in the air possible fall trip to WDW and when I heard this week that Le Cellier was going to become a Signature restaurant for lunch as well as dinner next year, I wanted to find a way to work lunch in there. My dad LOVES Le Cellier. When we plan a trip and ask where he would like to eat, that is the only place he ever names. We haven’t been in a long while and I doubt we will go when it becomes Signature and this even more pricey at lunch.

Anyhow, I am leaning towards the Deluxe DDP for the first 2 night of our stay and had planned on a large breakfast (probably at CP) and a dinner in either Epcot or an Epcot area resort. Adding a lunch at Le Cellier just complicates everything! :eek:

I have been toying with the idea of light breakfast in the room, lunch at Le Cellier and a late dinner at Cape May. My one concern is that it will be just too much food. We are generally not 2 ADRs per day people and we rarely do a full lunch AND dinner. Our usual touring style is QS breakfast (but usually something substantial like eggs or mickey waffle), late TS lunch and then snacky or QS dinner.

The only reason I am considering this is because my dad is not a huge fan of Cape May anyway. He has a shellfish allergy and can’t eat a lot of what they have. My mom on the other hand, LOVES it there, mostly because she can eat all the shellfish she wants. But I still worry about it being too much food for one day.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

OMGawd, you are going to explode and be very uncomfortable around your middle. I would reconsider.

If she explodes, she won’t be uncomfortable. She’ll be dead. Just sayin’ :pirate:

True dat. My mistake :laugh:

Death by pretzel bread and cheddar cheese soup sounds like a good way to go! :laugh:

Good point! :happy: