Toon town closing for good?

my dd heard from a friend that toon town is closing for good. has anyone heard anything? I hope not I love that part of MK

I don’t think it’s for good. It is part of the expansion and things like the barnstormer will get makeovers.

thanks I was worried … Id miss it.even though we don’t have small children anymore. :mickey:

Yes and No. The Toontown you love is closing for good. No more Mickey & Minnie’s Houses, no more Princess or Fairy Meet & Greets or Donald’s Boat. Instead Dumbo is scooting over where there will be 2 Dumbo rides and a Big Top Circus Tent. Goofy’s Barnstormer will convert to The Great-Goofini.
Mickey & Minnie are moving to Town Hall, Tink & Friends are getting a new place over in EP and all the Princesses will have a M&G at a Kingdom built just for them in the old Snow White ride once it closes and a new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train coaster is built in the expansion area.

*edit to change Tinks addy

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1065629]Yes and No. The Toontown you love is closing for good. No more Mickey & Minnie’s Houses, no more Princess or Fairy Meet & Greets or Donald’s Boat. Instead Dumbo is scooting over where there will be 2 Dumbo rides and a Big Top Circus Tent. Goofy’s Barnstormer will convert to The Great-Goofini.
Mickey & Minnie are moving to Town Hall, Tink & Friends are getting a new place over in HS and all the Princesses will have a M&G at a Kingdom built just for them in the old Snow White ride once it closes and a new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train coaster is built in the expansion area.[/QUOTE]

ok that stinks i always ;loved walking thru mickey and minnies house why are the getting rid of them.?

Just trying to keep up with the times I guess. As much as i’ll miss their houses I can’t wait to see the new area.

Update on New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park Disney Parks Blog

The kids will miss mickey and Minni’s house so sad this is going…

but looking forward to the new rides and the new train station.

I wish the would tell us more and more often what is going on and the progress of fantasyland:mickey:

This area always seemed tacked on to me. Hopefully this will provide better flow.

Now its time for quieter electric cars for tomorrow land speedway.

I wonder what they are going to do with Minnie and Mickey’s houses? Auction them off? Could you just imagine having those is your back yard!!! I bet the bidding war would be massive!

They have to be removed to make way for this: Update on New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park Disney Parks Blog

Is Goofys Barnstormer still operating and if so when will it be closed for refurb? We were hoping to ride during our trip in May.

Toontown will go the way of its mythical cinematic namesake when it becomes part of the urban renewal project that is the Fantasyland expansion.
About all that will be left will be the Barnstormer and that ride can be easily moved at the same time it is rethemed.

Too bad they can’t save Mickey & Minnie’s houses. My kids loved those when they were small. They were so cute. Ironic that they’re kicking Mickey outta the place…

Apparently the high rise of Foreclosures are excluding no one these days:laugh:

Noooooo! They can’t take Mickey and Minnie’s houses! It’s a tradition to take a picture of my twins in Minnie’s chair…it’s fun to see how they have grown over the years. I just told my 16 year old daughter of the changes and she also said Noooooooo…that’s so sad! See, kids of all ages love those cute little houses!

You’d think with al the space they have that they could find some room somewhere to keep them. I am going to miss them too.

I hope you’re all at least excited about the Barnstormer staying and being converted to…THE GREAT GOOFINI! It’ll tie nicely with Dumbo’s area of Fantasyland.

Hey Rowdy, do you ever get to go behind closed doors and see the expansion up close?

I’m so sad! My kids are small and love toon town. Any idea when the expansion/refurb will be done? We’re headed to Disney in April…

I am very excited about this.

I also hope they don’t just “trash” Mickey and Minnies houses. They have to still be good for something for someone.