Toon town

So, tell me anyone, is Toon Town a no go area now? Has the work started there yet? I only ask as we watched a tv clip yesterday that was to so with vacations and selling the Cruise line vacations mainly but they showed snippets of the MK that looked fairly recent and there seemed to be the ‘boards’ up blanketing that area off?

I didn’t actually go inside there in December, but there wasn’t anything boarded u by the entrance to stop me. I think it is still open.

It is still open. Construction on Fantasyland/removal of ToonTown won’t begin for another couple of days. I’m not sure what they’re going to work on first. All I know is when they move Mickey and Minnie’s houses to the Rose Garden area, it’ll definitely be interesting.

That WILL make things interesting!

So the houses are moving to the rose garden? I’m so glad they are staying!

Where is the rose garden? So they will be gone when we go in February?

If you are facing the front of the castle the rose garden is on the right.

oh right thanks Rowdy. I guess when I get there in March it will be well and truly upheaved! I hope Minnie and Mickeys house is moved fairly early though in the process as I am bringing my Cousin for her very first trip next time and I would love her to see them both

Wow, I knew about the plans to refurb that area of MK, but I didn’t realize it was happening so soon. I am so glad that my kids got to do Toon Town one more time last weekend. They love Toon Town!

I pray Toon Town is still there Jan 4, Itll suck if my 5yr old wont get to see it!, Missymouse…GOOOOOOO EEERRRRS!!! If I new they were going to the Gator bowl I would have flown in Dec 31 instead of the Jan 2!:glare:

I’m so proud to hear you’re an 'eers fan in Pa!

You’ve got me mixed up with the wrong Mountaineers–I pull for the RIGHT Mountaineers! The Appalachian State University Mountaineers, hailing from Boone, NC.:laugh:

Hope your Mountaineers fare well against the Seminoles!:happy:

[QUOTE=missymouse;1010156]You’ve got me mixed up with the wrong Mountaineers–I pull for the RIGHT Mountaineers! The Appalachian State University Mountaineers, hailing from Boone, NC.:laugh:

Hope your Mountaineers fare well against the Seminoles!:happy:[/QUOTE]

Any Mountaineer is good…escpecially when they beat Michigan!!!:laugh:

I’m from Logan County…so yes I will root for my EERRRS!
Lets Go!..Mountaineers!!!:laugh:

Im a little ut of the loop. Whats going on with toon town?

Big refurbishment with lots of changes to what we now know as Toon Town Fair.

C[QUOTE=rlb;1010183]Big refurbishment with lots of changes to what we now know as Toon Town Fair.[/QUOTE] say what?!?!?!? Do you know such as? When will it be completed?

Wow, I knew they would be moving the houses, but I had not heard that they would be going to Rose Garden. That seems like it would mess up the flow of that area. We go in October, so I am anxious to see.

Well, Toon Town is being taken away basically. There will be no more Toon Town by 2013. Fantasyland is getting a HUGE makeover, and it’s boundaries will expand well beyond and into what is now Toon Town Fair.

Some of the huge changes: Belle and Beast are getting somewhat of their own castle which will probably include Belle’s library. There will be a new dining designed to look just like Gaston’s hunting lodge. Aurora is getting her cottage. Ariel is getting a new ride. In essence, all of the princesses are getting their own specific area of Fantasyland. Dumbo is relocating to make an entire area devoted to Dumbo, including adding another Dumbo ride so 2 are going at the same time.

There are so many changes about to happen starting next week as they will refurb Fantasyland for the next 3 years. I’m sure you can easily find a link describing all the changes that are coming, including artists pictures. It will TRULY be a Fantasyland when it’s all said and done, and I can’t wait. :biggrin:

The changes sound awesome! I wonder what kind of cuisine will be served at the new restaurant and if it will be a character meal. I would do flips to have a character meal with the characters from Beauty and the Beast!