TOT lawsuit ruling

I had noticed just a few days ago in the Orlando Sentinel that that lawsuit that a guest had filed way back in 2002 finally had a ruling. He had suffered a stroke in 1998 a few weeks after riding the attraction and he claimed he didn’t know the ride was a high speed thrill ride before he got on it. He claims the warnings mislead him and plans to appeal. Not sure what to say but the warnings before you que up are there for a reason. I guess alot of people ignore them.

A few weeks AFTER riding the ride. All-righty then…:huh:

I don’t even remember this case ever discussed on the Disney sites. I thought this was going to be about the teenaged girl from the UK who suffered an incident after riding the ToT a couple of years back.

It was in the Orlando Sentinel the 4th. I remember it happening(yes I remember things that don’t make sense to remember alot) but amazing the resolution comes after so many years.

How could you blame a ride you rode weeks ago for something that happened to you? Thats just ridiculos! And the signs are beyond obvious, there are several warnings before you get on the rides and the ones with pre-show videos usually mention the warnings again too! Why do some people feel they have to blame others for their own mistakes?

So he was misled by the printed warnings…how about the SCREAMING that you hear from poeple on the ride?!? Not enough warning for him?

Ummm I think I would have to rule on the side of the park on this one as with most ride accidents this is the fault of the rider. If he has health issues then he should always read the signs and if they are unclear ask the worker. Then there is the fact that this happened a little after leaving the park not later that day or the next but many days after. I bet he is looking for money to pay the bills he will just have more to pay.

WDW warns you plenty before entering even some of the rides I don’t think warrant it…this “person” <<<I use this term loosely - obviously is looking for a free ticket…meal ticket, not ride ticket…lol

Maybe it’s because the ride warning didn’t clearly state his name personally in it. If it had said Dear Mr. ______ you are at risk. lol

a couple weeks after not while he was on it or immediately getting off. well im sure he has at least Dr bought off to testify to this medical impossibility. I choose to ignore some of the warnings I have an an extremely bad back and neck… I choose to still go on rides i shouldn’t but for me it is worth it afterward to be happy during the ride… but if something should happen that is my responsibility not Disney.

Disney is a giant corporation and is subsequently viewed as a cash cow by anyone looking for a quick buck. I’m sure there are plenty of frivolous lawsuits filed against them and it’s only the quirky ones that catch the eye of the media.

No doubt. you are more than likely 100% correct on that one.

was that the guy on Tower

From what I have read, the time this guy filed his suit there was a rash of them around that time with not only Disney but all of the other amusement parks.

Someone we know ( a client not a friend) went on Mission Space and claims that ever since the ride she has suffered from panic attacks. She wrote to WDW and ‘threatened’ legal action, albeit that she had seen the ride warnings etc. She claimed she was receiving medical treatment due to the experience. They (Disney) were very concerned in their reply and offered her a payout. She declined the first offer and was offered, what I felt was quite a substantial sum ( which she of course accepted)
I was amazed at how, without evidence, they were prepared to settle her claims financially thus avoiding any further actions?

Yep, screaming should be a tip off. There are way too many morons in this world. Maybe in this case, the stroke was Mother Nature’s way of trying to “weed out the herd”.

DH never got motion sickness of any sort before Mission Space. After riding, he became sick and all kinds of things make him motion sick now. Not Disney’s fault. That’s that chance you take when riding. Disney is in no way negligent for this type of thing.

Afterall it is a THEME park! But, I feel, the new “liberalization” of America makes everyone else responsible for our actions and personal responsibility is a thing of the past. Hot coffee is what it is and yes it will burn you if you dump in on you lap. We’re to encumbered with the entitlement concept. We love you WDW!

[QUOTE=dixie;1031889]Someone we know ( a client not a friend) went on Mission Space and claims that ever since the ride she has suffered from panic attacks. She wrote to WDW and ‘threatened’ legal action, albeit that she had seen the ride warnings etc. She claimed she was receiving medical treatment due to the experience. They (Disney) were very concerned in their reply and offered her a payout. She declined the first offer and was offered, what I felt was quite a substantial sum ( which she of course accepted)
I was amazed at how, without evidence, they were prepared to settle her claims financially thus avoiding any further actions?[/QUOTE]

Wow, amazing, isn’t it? I’ll bet it was after all the bad publicity they got over the M:S suits. Too bad.

Hey, did I ever mention that I had inner ear trouble (vertigo from my inner ear crystals coming loose) that was CURED by three continuous rides on M:S? No kidding. :happy:

just joking but maybe he doesn’t speak,english or spanish …just kidding