Totoro

Has anyone else seen this movie? My DDs :heart: it! They were watching it tonight and there were so many giggles coming from the family room! :laugh:

My brother got it for them for Xmas. He said it’s the ONLY Japanese movie Disney was involved in! (Or something along those lines)

Here is a little info:
My Neighbor Totoro (となりのトトロ, Tonari no Totoro?), is a 1988 Japanese anime film written and directed by Hayao Miyazaki and produced by Studio Ghibli. The film follows the two young daughters of a professor and their interactions with friendly wood spirits in postwar rural Japan. The movie won the Animage Anime Grand Prix prize in 1988. The movie was originally released in the U.S. in VHS format with the title, My Friend Totoro.[1]

Troma Films, under their 50th St. Films banner, produced a 1993 dub of the film co-produced by Jerry Beck. It was released on VHS and DVD by Fox Video. Troma’s and Fox’s rights to this version expired in 2004. [B]The film was re-released by Disney on March 7, 2006.[/B][2] It features a new dub cast. This DVD release is the first version of the film in the United States to include both Japanese and English language tracks, as Fox did not have the rights to the Japanese audio track for their version.

Check it out if you can!!

:heart: Actually there are more releases from Studio Ghibli, Castle In The Sky, Kiki’s Delivery Service, Howl’s Moving Castle,Spirited Away, The Cat Returns to name a few. Our son loves them!!

REALLY! Cool . . . I’ll have to check them out!

My bro got them this one, since he :heart: Japan and we :heart: Disney! :happy:

I don’tknow how old your children are but Kiki’s delivery Service is cute and if they are a little older Castle In the Sky has Chloris Leachman as one of the pirates!

Girls . . . 9 and soon to be 5!

Our youngest is 11 and really loves these movies. There hasn’t been a new release since Howl’s Moving Castle. That came out when he was 8. Kiki’s Delivery Service is on the same level as Totoro. The others are a litlle deeper.

We saw Totoro not too long ago. We though it was really cute and that theme song really sticks in your head.

Yep… I’ll be humming that the rest of the night.