Touching "Magical Moment" in AllEars Newsletter

Okay, so I definitely teared up at this magical moment. I always enjoy the Magical Moments section, but this one really stood out to me, so I thought I would share.

Dave F.: My wife and I decided to bring the kids down to WDW in September 2009, then decided to bump it up early. We went in February, but the kids didn’t know. My wife and I were talking one day not paying much attention to the “ears” around us, and our 15-year-old overheard us. We thought the cat was out of the bag, so there went the surprise. Our son had a genetic disorder so it was hard to understand him at times when he talked. As we were getting ready for our trip, our 8-year-old daughter asked where we were going, and my wife explained to her that we were going to the Daytona 500. So for two weeks, my daughter thought we were going to the “Daytona 5000” (Daytona 500). The day to leave came and we were all packed up. My son kept saying, “Sissy surprise Disney World, Sissy surprise Disney World.” We thought the cover was blown, but my daughter said, “I know Jordan, we are going in September.” Little did she know, we were on our way to WDW. So for our 14-hour drive all we heard was, “Sissy surprise Disney World,” from our son. As we crossed into Florida we thought our daughter would figure it out, but with our son telling her and the big Disney signs, she still didn’t get it. Once we got close enough, we told her we weren’t heading to Daytona and she started to cry until she saw the WELCOME to Disney World sign. Then she was surprised, and our son was saying “see Sissy surprise Disney World.” Only thing missing was the video camera was charging, so we didn’t get to get her reaction on camera. Also that was our last trip to Disney as a whole family, our son passed away from his disorder that November. So I was glad we bumped up our trip, if we had waited we would not have made it for that last time. Jordan loved WDW since the first time we had come down with the Make-A-Wish Foundation. His favorite ride was “it’s a small world” and his favorite show was the Festival of the Lion King. Each time we visit the ride or see the show, it reminds me of this trip.

:crying::crying::crying:

whoa…

I read this in the email this morning. It made me choke up. Divine intervention is everywhere. This is just another example.

What a very touching story, thanks for sharing it, I wouldn’t have seen it otherwise- very humbling.

Ditto …

I read it at work. Had to get a Kleenex on that one. It certainly opens your eyes at what is really important.

that is what makes Disney Disney love the story

Wow, that really pulls on the heartstrings, doesn’t it? :crying:

It had me in tears this morning too. Quite a story.

Life is a series of moments, and they made the best of them. How awesome that Disney can bring such happiness.

I read this on the allears weekly email. Took a few minutes to think how lucky we are not to have to deal on a daily basis what so many others consider normal. Really touching.

Really makes you stop and realize what is truly important in this world.

Triple whoa

:crying:

:crying::crying::crying:

Pass the tissues please…

Thank you for sharing that story! Makes me remind myself to not say “we’ll do it when we have more money, time, etc, etc…” we need to live for now.

Awe…:slight_smile:
I will think of the little guy when we go on those too now!

I agree NJ Mommy- When people say- “you’re going AGAIN”? Lately I have been responding with “we never know what tomorrow will bring so we are having the fun together now just in case”.

I never want to say “I wish we would have…” I want to say “remember when we…”!!! :slight_smile:

Sorry for your loss. A moving story that will allow you to always remember his favorite attractions and him every time you are on them.

Every time I think we should not go because of money reasons, I always say “you never know what tomorrow holds” and that justifies going to “the happiest place on earth”.

[quote=zoey9797;1081702]awe…:slight_smile:
i will think of the little guy when we go on those too now!

I agree nj mommy- when people say- “you’re going again”? Lately i have been responding with “we never know what tomorrow will bring so we are having the fun together now just in case”.

I never want to say “i wish we would have…” i want to say “remember when we…”!!! :)[/quote]

So true!!!

Very good story…if you can’t relate you have no heart!!!