Touring plan for HS

Hi we decided to switch from Universal for the one day we are in Florida, to Hollywood Studios. Usually I follow Touring plans.com but I haven’t renewed my subscription and I don’t want to pay just for one day. We are going June 18 and I was wondering if anyone has a touring plan they could share with me? I would appreciate anything you have. We are taking a tween so we will be hitting all the thrill rides. I know you are suppose to TSM first and get a FP, but after that?

ChipandCo has a great one that I would support 100%.

Walt Disney World ? Chip?s Hollywood Studios Touring Plan | Chip and Company

Just make sure you hit the big three right off! Toy Story Midway, then ToT and Rock n’ Roller coaster. After that, it is the shows that matter. My favorite is the car show, but there are some great shows at HS. Definitely don’t miss the Little Mermaid, and if you are there on the right day, Fantasmic is supposed to be phenomenal. We haven’t been yet, but we are certainly doing it this year!

Try and get FAST PASSES for these three : Tower of Terror (thrill ride), Aerosmith’ Rock’n Roller Coaster (thrill ride) and Toy Story Midway Mania. They are the most popular and FAST PASSES “sell” pretty fast. After that you should attend these shows (get a Times Guide for show schedules): Beauty and the Beast LIVE Onstage, Lights Motors Action Extreme Stunt Show, Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. Unfortunately, the FANTASMIC show is not on the HS calendar for June 18. Backlot Tour and Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure are pretty cool but not huge attractions. You should avoid : Journey Into Narnia Prince Caspian, The Great Movie Ride and Muppet*Vision 3-D, unless you have a lot of time on your hands. If you want pictures with Sorcerer Mickey, go inside The Magic of Disney Animation :wink:

Here’s how I do it: Go to toy story and grab a fast pass, ride toy story, run over to Rocking rollercoaster and ride, grab fast pass as soon as toy story window opens, ride Tot, go back to Toy story and ride with fast pass, ride Rnr again…after that it’s gravy…you can even grab a FP for TOT for later. I have held three FPes at a time…lol

The new Star Tours may become an even bigger attraction for the time you are there, opening just a month before you get there. Do they have fast pass for Star Tours at HS - they are supplosedly setting them up at DL. Be ready to spend some time waiting for this if your are interested.

aha! I forgot about that one!! I would FP that BEFORE hitting Toy Story. If that attraction has as much excitement around it as TSM did, it will deplete it’s FPes in the first hours the park are open.

Since I spend several days a week at HS, I think I have the park “attack” down pat, lol.

I would make sure you get to the park at rope drop and get fast passes for Star Tours. I would imagine the FPs will run out around 10am as TSMM does now on a busy day.

After that, I would:

• Do the stand-by line for TSMM. First hour of the morning the wait time is about 40 mins, maybe a little less with the opening of Star Tours
  • Grab FP for either RnRC or ToT, wait in line for the other. Single Rider line at RnRc can save you a lot of time. On an average day, ToT has the shorter standby line.
  • While on Sunset, take in Beauty and Beast Show.
  • Head back toward the other side of the park and around 1pm, take in Lights Motors Action Stunt show.
  • Grab some lunch, perhaps catch Pixar Pals Countdown to fun or walk around Streets of America and visit some friends from Cars or Phineas and Ferb
  • Visit Backlot Tour, Great Movie Ride, and/or Muppets and check out show time for Indiana Jones. If either of your FPs are up, use them.
  • Around 5pm is a great time to visit the Magic of Disney Animation or catch The Little Mermaid
  • Use any FP you still have, watch DCR or visit Buzz and Woody.
  • Its unlikely that there will be Fantasmic since it’s not listed on the calendar, but that have been know to add shows the week before so keep an eye on it.

Well…that’s what I would do :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone so much - you guys and girls are the best. Do you think Star Wars will be opened by June 18? I thought and I am probably wrong but isn’t it scheduled for July or something like that?

It sure will. Opening Day is May 20th. It’s going to be epic!

Star Wars is the reason for the trip this year…so excited!!!

So I guess we should go to Star Wars first, (Grab a FB For TSM), and then standby for TSM, RRNC TOT in that order first?

Also can you get more than one fastpass? The one thread above seems to indicate that. I thought you couldn’t get one until one expired. Was that changed?

[QUOTE=ann0d;1075816]So I guess we should go to Star Wars first, (Grab a FB For TSM), and then standby for TSM, RRNC TOT in that order first?

Also can you get more than one fastpass? The one thread above seems to indicate that. I thought you couldn’t get one until one expired. Was that changed?[/QUOTE]

Each fastpass has a time on it when you can receive your next one. Its usually around 3 hours. In many cases (as with TSMM) the return time is 4 or more hours from when you receive your fastpass.

Also, while you have to wait until the first time listed to use your fastpass, you can use that fastpass after the second time has expired.

[QUOTE=Jen;1075824]Each fastpass has a time on it when you can receive your next one. Its usually around 3 hours. In many cases (as with TSMM) the return time is 4 or more hours from when you receive your fastpass.

Also, while you have to wait until the first time listed to use your fastpass, you can use that fastpass after the second time has expired.[/QUOTE]
Thanks that is what I thought

[QUOTE=ann0d;1075816]So I guess we should go to Star Wars first, (Grab a FB For TSM), and then standby for TSM, RRNC TOT in that order first?

[/QUOTE]

Bumping

Have a great day

[QUOTE=ann0d;1076094]Bumping

Have a great day[/QUOTE]

I would grab a FP for Star Tours, standby for TSM. When you can get another FP, get it for RnRC or ToT and do standby for the other.

That’s what I will do :slight_smile: In a week, I could give you a better idea of the wait for ST for the ride or for the FP after the opening.

As a tween myself, well a i am a teen now
but either way I love TSM so go there try to ride stand by line and get a fastpass but if the stand by line is to long go to ToT and RnRc because everyone is so busy at toy story its dead over there!!
Also if you really like the RnRc then go in single riders once it starts to get busy because that goes by really fast!!

Also if its a boy he might like the stunt show! Even as a girl i enjoyed it :slight_smile: