TouringPlans crowd calendar

Anyone have a sense of how accurate the calendar is? Especially looking five or six months out?

What calendar? (See what happens when you stop MBing for a couple of months?!) :redface:

Personally, I think they are dead on. I didn’t use to believe they were accurate, but I started really paying attention to the information they give, and comparing the parks to their information and what I was observing while in WDW. I found that they were, in fact, pretty accurate, and now I plan my trips around their crowd calendar.

Disney World Crowd Calendar — The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World

[QUOTE=missymouse;1039899]Personally, I think they are dead on. I didn’t use to believe they were accurate, but I started really paying attention to the information they give, and comparing the parks to their information and what I was observing while in WDW. I found that they were, in fact, pretty accurate, and now I plan my trips around their crowd calendar.QUOTE]

Thanks!! :wub: Then I shall carry on with my planning. :mickey:

[QUOTE=smee57;1039914][QUOTE=missymouse;1039899]Personally, I think they are dead on. I didn’t use to believe they were accurate, but I started really paying attention to the information they give, and comparing the parks to their information and what I was observing while in WDW. I found that they were, in fact, pretty accurate, and now I plan my trips around their crowd calendar.QUOTE]

Thanks!! :wub: Then I shall carry on with my planning. :mickey:[/QUOTE]

You’re welcome! I hope I’m right!:laugh:

Based on that calendar, I am glad we got park hoppers. I want to take advantage of EMH but will try leave the park once they start to get crowded and go somewhere else.

We do that sometimes, and it works out pretty well. Mostly we just go to whatever parks are recommended each day. Any time I’ve gone to the parks to avoid, and planned to be there for the day, I’ve been sorry.

I swear by touringplans.com. We only park hopped once, for us, we go in the winter when the hours are shorter, so IMO it wastes too much time to hop.

I didn’t know about this either. I just bookmarked it for later use.

Thanks!

I can only think of two times that I stayed in the same park all day.
The very first time I went to WDW where I was there for three days and did one park each day and one day last May when I met friends who didn’t have hoppers, so I spent the whole day in Epcot.
There’s even one time I did a day trip and hit all four parks, just so I could try and ride all the coasters in one day. I would have too, but Rock n Roller Coaster broke down while I was in the Studios and I had to keep going.

I’ve gone different times of the year and they seem to be right on. We tend to go to the EMH park for the morning. After lunch we head back to the hotel to rest, swim, etc. Then park hop to a different park for the evening.

This is our first time using Touringplans.com. The crowd calendar seems very helpful. I would be interested to see if anyone has used the actual touring plans? Which is better, Touringplans of Ridemax? Any input would be great!

What a useful site- and I hadn’t heard of it either although I do know (and own) the unofficial guides. I too have bookmarked it and shall have a good look in depth later. Thanks for the info.

Touring plans is usually spot on. On our last Wine and Food trip, they called it - high crowd Saturday and then drop off on Sunday. A big swing I thought would not happen.

And before anyone says anything - my dancing in the fountain had nothing to do w/it.

Does anybody offer up this info for free? I know it’s only $11 but considering they can’t guarantee the accuracy of the numbers…

I’m pretty sure it’s run by the same people who write the “Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World” someone correct me if I’m wrong. Either way, the Unofficial Guide is wonderful! It helps make the best touring plans! I consider it my Disney Bible.

You’re right . . . on both accounts. It’s run by the Unofficial Guide AND the guide is wonderful. I really like TouringPlans.com as well.