Tours?

My question is quite simple, at least I think it is. My wife and I are going to WDW in August and I was wondering if they have an early, before the parks open, tour of any park? We get up fairly early so I thought it might be nice as a warm up and hopefully educational. I’d prefer a tour of the MK but would take just about any as long as it didn’t interfere with our park hours. Hopefully someone out there might have some suggestions/answers for us. Thanks!!!

All I can tell you is - Don’t do the Keys to the Kingdom Tour at MK if your touring time is valuable. It was a very expensive waste of four hours. It does start about an hour before the park opens, but holds you an unwilling captive for another three.

I know there is a Segway tour at Epcot in the early morning hours, but I don’t know the details.

My DH and a friend took the SegWay tour last summer at Epcot and loved it. It’s a 2 hour tour and begins an hour before the park opens.

Tours that put you in the park early. Magic Behind the Steam Trains (MK) puts you on Main Street with nobody around. Hurry and get that pic of the castle sans crowd. Animal Kingdom offers a sunrise safari for concierge guests at Animal Kingdom Lodge only. I’m not aware of any early morning tours in MGM.

Here’s a link where you can find information about all the tours that WDW offers. There are a couple of tours that put you in a park before it opens but no tour is completed prior to park opening. The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains tour at MK begins at 7:30 a.m. but lasts for three hours. There is an Around the World at Epcot – on a Segway! tour that begins at 8:30 a.m. and lasts two hours.

I know you said you didn’t want the tour to eat into your park time but I highly recommend the Backstage Magic tour. The seven-hour tour begins at Epcot and also takes you to MGM and the Magic Kingdom. The tour is expensive ($199 per person) but park admission isn’t required and it includes a very nice lunch in a private room at Mama Melrose’s in MGM. Participants also get an exclusive Backstage Magic pin (which is my Disney Central avatar) as a souvenir. We did Backstage Magic a couple of years ago and thought it was worth every penny.

DH and hid friends did the Segway tour too and LOVED it. I may be wrong, but I think it was an hour of learnng how to use a Segway and then an hour tout of the World Showcase at Epcot before it opens. I know we got a AAA discount. Not sure if they honor AAA discounts on other tours, but it is worth asking about.

Thanks for all the info!!! I will definitely research these tours a little bit. I’ll let ya know what we decide, thanks again.