Towel animals and mousekeeping

Ok, so I only have 40 some days left until our trip which means that I go all over the place and read reviews, comb through menus and so much other stuff.
So on my travels through the disboard trip reports and allearsnet reviews I have noticed something - the complaints about mousekeeping and those complaining guests expect mousekeeping to produce towel animals.
Makes no sense to me. If they can’t get the rooms even vacuumed, what makes them think that there is enough time to make you some silly towel animal?

Just sayin’…
:pirate:

Where’s Jim Fowler when you need him … ? :laugh:

exactly!

errrrr…who’s Jim Fowler?

[QUOTE=Dopey;1058560]exactly!

errrrr…who’s Jim Fowler?[/QUOTE]

Brought out all the animals for Johnny Carson …
Work with me here…:laugh:

You may need to explain Johnny Carson to the younger set. :laugh:

Foreigner and much older than I look, heehee

Man you guys make me feel old

Im only 30 and i know who Johnny Carson is, lol. Hereeeee’s Johnny!!!=)

Christina:pirate:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1058558]
Makes no sense to me. If they can’t get the rooms even vacuumed, what makes them think that there is enough time to make you some silly towel animal?

Just sayin’…
:pirate:[/QUOTE]

Do dust bunnies count?

[QUOTE=Dopey;1058558]Ok, so I only have 40 some days left until our trip which means that I go all over the place and read reviews, comb through menus and so much other stuff.
So on my travels through the disboard trip reports and allearsnet reviews I have noticed something - the complaints about mousekeeping and those complaining guests expect mousekeeping to produce towel animals.

Just sayin’…
:pirate:[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you Iris. Vacuum, dust and for Gods sake, clean the mold in the shower. :blow: That comes first in my book. Last trip however I did notice several towel animals on the mousekeepers cart already made up. Maybe someone else makes them up? Last year we had so many animals in our room, we didn’t know what to do with them. One creepy one was one day there was a towel snake on our bed. Next day it had a towel mouse in it’s mouth. :eek: Took both a part.

Only for character meals.:crying:

You know, Mousekeeping’s dream job would be if the Mansions at POR were turned into a Haunted Mansion themed rooms. Dust and cobwebs would be expected in those then :laugh:

I have to admit I get a little jealous when I hear when people talk about getting a towel animal every day. For us, aside from the towels on the bed in the shape of a mickey head, we’ve gotten only a few towel animals over the course of 15 or so trips.

:laugh::laugh:Very true!

Those seem to be the usual and customary ones now…

I wonder about the very first Mousekeeper who ever fashioned a critter and left it for some little kids staying in one of their rooms.

OH my Loretta that is strange! I would have took that apart too, I mean it’s hardly Disney is it?:ohmy:
Our Housekeeping spent so much time making the animals our room hardly got cleaned properly at all, we had butterflies and ghosts etc etc- nice touch, but only if the cleaning is done first- I can live without towel animals, can’t live without clean room!

I’ve noticed that at Pop Century, they seem to strive to have a towel animal in every window.
I don’t really care one way or the other, but it would be nice for Disney to cross pollinate with Carnival and Royal Caribbean in terms of towel animals. Sting rays and other tropical things seem to be the daily ritual for the cruise lines.
Just clean the rooms first though. That’s more important.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1058592]I’ve noticed that at Pop Century, they seem to strive to have a towel animal in every window.
I don’t really care one way or the other, but it would be nice for Disney to cross pollinate with Carnival and Royal Caribbean in terms of towel animals. Sting rays and other tropical things seem to be the daily ritual for the cruise lines.
Just clean the rooms first though. That’s more important.[/QUOTE]

What a great idea, we had some wickedly good towel animals on a Royal Caribbean cruise, and a spotlessly clean room too.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

See, that’s just it. You should not be jealous. Lots of towel animals mean less cleaning was done. I’d rather have a clean room

The whole reason for my thread actually were some reports where people complained about cereal under the bed and no towel animals :blink: