Tower of Terror question

Hi :slight_smile:
I always use the chicken exit…how bad is it? Does it make you feel “off” after riding?? I ride Splash mountain, BTM without problems…Thoughts? Thanks!!

I’ve never felt off after riding it but I think everyone is different.

My DD #2 is not a big fan - but she rides it at least 1st every trip. I have not heard of anyone getting motion sickness. It usually is the fear of the drops - and they are not really so bad.

I love ToT! I have a friend who hates it. She does have a fear of elevators so automatically this is not her kind of ride. I’m not going to say it’s not bad, because it just depends upon the person. My friend’s six year old rode it last year for the first time and I thought he might be scared, but he loved it and now it is his favorite and he laughs throughout the drops. I have never known it to cause motion sickness, but it is definitely a thrill ride.

I have never had a problem with ToT but…I do feel a little ookie after getting off of Rockin’ Roller Coaster.

It depends on if you like drops. I absolutely can’t stand the feeling of being dropped so I will not ride it. My sister will ride it once every trip, but that’s it for her. She doesn’t like to be dropped, either, but will put up with it so she can do the rest of the ride. She said last time she rode it was really bad, though, because they dropped it over and over and over again. It’s just chance on how many times you will get dropped. On the other hand, our husbands and parents LOVE it. It just depends on how you deal with these kinds of rides. By the way, I also love BTMRR and will ride Splash because I like the rest of the ride, but truly hate the end where you get dropped. I wish they’d let me get off before they sent the log down the hill! :blush:

Yep, what Pep said.

RRC tends to give me a headache and sometimes the ookie tummy. But ToT is good stuff! :happy:

I am the biggest baby that has ever graced WDW and I rode TOT just once. That was back in the olden days when it dropped only once- and I survived ( and quite enjoyed it) however, now it does multiple drops I am not so sure, but I certainly didn’t feel ‘off’ after riding it, quite the opposite- exhilarated! If you can ride Splash Mountain (which I can’t) you’ll be absolutely fine (PS I dont even like Soarin)

[QUOTE=BLTLDZ;1062317]Hi :slight_smile:
I always use the chicken exit…how bad is it? Does it make you feel “off” after riding?? I ride Splash mountain, BTM without problems…Thoughts? Thanks!![/QUOTE]

I LOVE LOVE LOVE TOT!!.. Having said that I love Splash Mountain and BTMR, but can’t do Expedition Everest, RoR, Space Mountain or the Teacups! all of those make me:blow::blow: Last trip I did EE for the 2nd time ( I figured if my 6 year old was brave enough to ride for the first time I should sit with him) and I ended up on a park bench for about an hour:eek:

Thats why one reason I bring Grandma:laugh::laugh:Thank God she likes those rides because she takes the kids on them while I people watch!:laugh::laugh:

I’m with you Dixie!
I do wish I wasn’t so much of a baby though, everyone looks so happy when they get off the rides :happy:

haha me toooo!!!
Never rode ToT, never will. I don’t like heights, which is why I won’t ride Astro-orbitor in MK either. I can handle RnR, maybe because it’s indoors and doesn’t feel like i’m going up but can only do Soarin once. Any more than that my equalibrium feels off. No EE either. I can see too far down. I’m a weinee:laugh:.
DD15 likes ToT but can only ride it once per day. She gets really bad headaches if she rides more.

[QUOTE=Andrea;1062331]Yep, what Pep said.

RRC tends to give me a headache and sometimes the ookie tummy. But ToT is good stuff! :happy:[/QUOTE]

That’s mostly caused by your ears being slammed into both sides of the horse collar at once. It isn’t as bad if you can keep your head pinned to the headrest throughout the ride.
For many years I didn’t like drop tower rides, but over time I’ve come to really enjoy ToT. I also had less of a problem with 200 foot coaster drops than simple 50 foot drops like Splash and Jurassic Park. I think it has to do with the longer drops allowing you to regain your stomach before you crash to the ground. It’s a weightlessness thing. And ToT is actually a much better ride since they’ve randomized the drop pattern and built it up to about 5 or 6 drops of different lengths.

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1062355]I’m with you Dixie!
I do wish I wasn’t so much of a baby though, everyone looks so happy when they get off the rides :happy:[/QUOTE]

Oh at last a kindred spirit! :heart:Yes I agree, they do look so happy and it seems so much fun and I could really beat myself up about being such a wuss, but when it comes to the crunch its a nope just can’t do it:crying:

Oh, don’t I know it. But I just don’t seem to have any success with keeping my head back… so I think I’m done with RnR.

I went on ToT for the first time this August. I was very anxious since I don’t really like heights, elevators, etc. I felt ok after the ride, but not sure if I would do it again. I was proud for trying and now my kids can’t make fun of me for that any more, lol.

I can do all the coasters at WDW, but haven’t been able to talk myself into ToT again. I keep wishing I could get over my squeamishness because I’m the only member of my family who won’t do it, but I chickened out again this past trip.

I know a lot have mentioned being scared of heights, but your adrenaline is going so fast when the doors open for that split second, I don’t even realize I’m up that high. I’m paying more attention to the anticipation of the drop.

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1062355]I’m with you Dixie!
I do wish I wasn’t so much of a baby though, everyone looks so happy when they get off the rides :happy:[/QUOTE]

I use to be a baby about the scary rides and there are some I won’t do.

I tried ToT once last year and it was not as scary as I thought it would be.
That being said, I don’t feel the need to do it again.

tinker and dixie, I learned last year that I actually don’t feel afraid if I keep my eyes OPEN the entire time. It was such a revelation and made the rides so much more enjoyable

Thanks to my mother-in-law:glare: who told our youngest dd horror stories about elevators, she (dd) won’t go anywhere near it. But the rest of us love it and don’t suffer any after affects - except once. During a thunderstorm, castmembers let my older daughter and I ride three times in a row - after the third time we began to feel a little :blow:. The only ride I have a problem with at WDW is Mission:Space. Did it once; once was enough.

You have to try it once. OK, it drops and you get the “jelly belly” sensation. But you need to experience the visual effects before that drop. I think it’s one of the best engineered rides in the world (besides that new one at the park close to Disney).