Toy Story 3 no more! or How Disney got it's sense back!

[I]According to Coming Soon and a post at Animation Nation, Pixar heads turned Disney bigwigs Ed Catmull and John Lasseter “announced to Feature Animation employees [Tuesday] that the ‘Toy Story 3’ production will end effectively [Tuesday]. They said that sequels should only be made if there is a really great story that demands it, and should be the domain of those who created the original film.”

An Associated Press article confirmed said news - “One immediate sign of Lasseter’s influence is that plans for Disney to make the long rumored sequel “Toy Story 3” on its own have been scrapped. If the film is made, it will be done by Lasseter and the other creators of the original film, the companies said”.[/I]

It seems like we finally have some people who know what they are doing back in the positions Disney needs them. It also seems very likely that not 0nly will hand drawn come back, but it will come back and be better and bigger stories than we have seen in recent years - Pixar people know their story telling.

Wow, thank goodnes! As much as I love TS1, there is no need for TS3. I absolutely can’t wait to see the new hand drawn stuff!!

GOOD!! I am so excited about the new Disney/Pixar set up. I haven’t heard a lot about it yet but it just seems like it could only bring good things. It would be GREAT if they’d stop the useless sequels - this seems like a good start. And I would love to see hand drawn animation again!! I couldn’t believe it when I heard they weren’t doing that anymore. Hand drawn WAS Disney animation to me.

That’s great! I am so glad that someone finally stepped up and said NO!

That’s a great policy they’ve implemented. No more random sequels. Very cool.

Well that is definitely a step in the right direction. I am a big fan of both Toy Story 1 & 2, but the prospect of 3 was not an appealing one!

good, enough with the mindless sequels. Happy!!!

Thank God! As much as I loved Toy Story 1 & 2, there just didn’t seem to be any really logical new storyline. Disney was really pushing this sequel and it would have in the end been a mistake. This is a great move by Disney/Pixar and I hope that they can now focus their attention on creating great movies like they have in the past.

Consider my jaw dropped to the floor. Oh, how I love quality control! How very Walt of them!

i don’t think the toy storyIII will be confusing.

What a sensible thing to do! LOL!!

This is the way Walt originally intended the animation studios to be. Fantasia 2000 probably made him roll over in his grave. GOOD FOR DISNEY! Nice to see things trending in the right direction after Eisner.

Wait! Does that mean production of Snow White and the Eighth Dwarf has been cancelled as well? :huh:

Oh, I knew this merger was a bad deal. :mad:

Okay, seriously, I can’t help but think this decision is less about “quality control” and more about “control.” Toy Story is John Lasseter’s domain. Disney was going to take that from him and do their own thing with it. That HAD to rankle him.

I thought the premise for TS3 was actually pretty good–that’s not to say the outcome would have been great, but the premise was good.

But HURRAY to the end of bad sequels. Too bad someone hadn’t stepped up before a lot of the classics were badly sequelled.

I am SO happy about these two amazing companies joining together - great things are to come I hope! (But Air Bud 3,782,638 had better still happen!!!)

Although I certainly agree that is why Toy Story 3 was ceased so quickly, they have been placed over attractions and the other areas of Disney Animated Features as well. So, while they are protecting their own first and foremost, they will have a huge amount of say in movies and park additions from this point forward.

Too bad it wasn’t in time to stop “Bambi II”…

hmmm… i don’t know if i should be bummed or happy that there will be no toy story 3. at least there are some people that see if you make something together as a team and then decide to continue making it on your own, it’s going to be bad. there’s no I in team.