Toy Story Mania... No More FP?

I just found out on another website that in MGM studios they might get rid of the FP line on Toy Story Mania. In my opinion, WOOT! That line gets way to long… it’s a keep boarding ride so I hope they do get rid of it.

• Justy

I’ll believe it when it happens.

Yeah… that’s crazy. I really doubt that will happen. TSM’s FPs get distributed faster than any other attraction’s at DHS. They usually take out FP kiosks with major rehabs. TSM is brand new, so that won’t be happening very soon.

I agree. Why would they remove it when the ride is so popular the fp’s are gone before noon. Makes no since what so ever.

I wouldn’t count on it.

:huh
I’d much rather stand in the FP line and come back later than stand in the regular line for 2 hours.

This seems rather unrealistic. Can I ask where you saw this rumor?

I’d much rather stand in the FP line and come back later than stand in the regular line for 2 hours. [/QUOTE]

No kidding, who WANTS to stand in line for 2+ hours? Not me, I’m happy to grab a fastpass and come back in a couple of hours.

That seems highly unlikely. Now if it were proving to be inefficient, I can see them removing it. But I’m pretty sure FP is the grease keeping the wheels from squeaking, if you know what I mean!

IT wouldn’t be two hours if they got rid of FP ;P. I believe since they have FP… the line gets longer. Think about it… don’t you think Buzz Lightyear line would be shorter if their was no FP… I love FP but some rides in my opinion don’t need it.

• Justy

[QUOTE=Justin;939759]IT wouldn’t be two hours if they got rid of FP ;P. I believe since they have FP… the line gets longer. Think about it… don’t you think Buzz Lightyear line would be shorter if their was no FP… I love FP but some rides in my opinion don’t need it.

• Justy[/QUOTE]

I’m pretty sure the line would still be 2+ hours since the same number of people would still be in line. Lines at WDW were 2+ hours before fastpass came along and would be that long again it WDW took it out.

Buzz is the same kind of loading . . . and that still has FP?

[QUOTE=Justin;939759]IT wouldn’t be two hours if they got rid of FP ;P. I believe since they have FP… the line gets longer. Think about it… don’t you think Buzz Lightyear line would be shorter if their was no FP… I love FP but some rides in my opinion don’t need it.

• Justy[/QUOTE]

Well of course the regular line SEEMS longer if there is FP. That’s the whole point of the FP system; to encourage people to want to use it. That’s exactly why the lines are usually close to each other (often directly alongside) so that the patrons in the regular line think “Wow I wish I had a FP right now.” Disney does it intentionally because they WANT people to use their system; if no one had an incentive to use it, the system would fail.

I think the only people who don’t like the FP system are the ones who don’t take full advantage of it. It can shave hours of waiting off your day, so I don’t understand what’s not to like! ??

• Justy[/QUOTE]

I would think that TSM is one of the rides that does need it, though.

And I’m going to disagree with FP making lines longer. FP saves spots in line… spots that would be taken up by people if there were no FP system.

Now, it is a waste on some attractions (they removed FP from HM… I actually used HM FPs, but I guess not enough people did)… like Stitch’s Great Escape! But, that’s why those FPs don’t get distributed.

We are not big FP users but if a ride’s line is way too long and the FP return is an hour or two to return, we will use it. Now hopefully when we are there, the line won’t be too long and if it is and they still have FP, we will grab it!!

we use FP on any ride that offers it if the wait int eh SB line is longer than 15min.

we are always at WDW during slow season, so a 20min. wait is a long wait.

i am glad most people don’t think the rumor of the doing away with FP for TSM is going to come to fruition. there is no way in this world i would wait in a line as long as that one would be without a FP…we waited 20min. in the FP line this past Dec.

We, like most people here, think FP is the best thing since sliced bread (boy am I old). But if it wasn’t tooooo busy, I’d like to go thru the regular line once. I think there is more to see.

I don’t see that happening. We have used that FP line to our advantage many times. It works and people are using the heck out of it.

Clearly that other website is not correct. Those FPes are gone by 1pm in the day time and the rides dones an hour plus wait EVEN in the off season of February. I hate when people start fasle rumors with the intention of getting the shock effect.

The TSM in CA doesnt have a FP option and the line is usually about 30 mins. Clearly there are alot less people in CA adventure on a regular day than in DHS. I wish there was one. All the talk of the long lines have got me thinking ahead, though.

We go in Sept. and when we are going to that park, the first stop I will make is to the TSM FP.

We don’t have a FP for Peter Pan either. That line is always at least 45 min to an hour.

What is with the really long line at Peter Pans Flight. I mean, I really love that ride but I can’t see why the line is ALWAYS so long. We never get to ride it because the line is so long and nobody wants to stick around long enough to come back for a FP ride (thats the fun of taking other people besides your family). But seriously, why such a long wait. It is a very short ride. I really want to go on it when we go in May.