Toy Story Midway Mania Tips?

OK, we are here in central FL. Our WDW visit ofically start 9/8 when we check into Pop (although we have already been over to DHS for a few hours).

Anyway, my family is really quite obsessed with this attraction and would love to score high points to get on the leader board (they are very competitive). My DH has done it a few time, but it didn’t last long. We have uncovered a few places to get higher points, but was wondering if anyone has any tips to share or hidden points that they wish to share.

I have tried to concentrate on just hitting the 500 point and higher targets. Come close to getting on leader board but not quite. Always helps when your teammate is not a very good shot, saves more targets for you. Hehe…

Have not found any hidden points yet. Please share if you have.

[QUOTE=monrailrider;989581]I have tried to concentrate on just hitting the 500 point and higher targets. Come close to getting on leader board but not quite. Always helps when your teammate is not a very good shot, saves more targets for you. Hehe…

Have not found any hidden points yet. Please share if you have.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that is not correct. It takes 2 good players and teamwork to get the higher points. For example, on the screen with the balloons and the darts, there is a sun on one side and a cloud on the other. If you clear them both (which would be nearly impossible for one person) lots of balloons drop from the sky that are worth 2,000 point each. You can shoot as many as possible and really rack up the points.

I did not know that. I have two children so we have never shot both the sun and clouds. We will give it a try next month. Thanks for sharing.

Hmm. My dh is really competitive about it too! He was on the leader board once, on our trip in March, but only because we rode it really early in the day. I honestly don’t know of any tips, I just shoot at everything. :slight_smile:

Aim for the high value targets.

That’s my strategy too:pinch::laugh:

Nice tip, Einstein.

You forgot to add “and hit them.” Cause that’s not obvious either.
:laugh:

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;989681]Nice tip, Einstein.

You forgot to add “and hit them.” Cause that’s not obvious either.
:laugh:[/QUOTE]

Pahahah. Snorting, I am snorting.:laugh:

It’s not just getting them down…there are five balloons on the clouds on each side…the last balloons have to be shot at almost the same time to get the 2000 pt balloons…on the screen with the GI’s there are plates that fly up at the same time on each side…each player shoots their plate while it’s in the air and the screen opens up in the middle to show a big tank…I can’t remember what happens after that, I think it shoots high point plates or something. Either way, that one is hard to do.

On the screen with the rings you need to ring all the little green guys at the same time…do this and Zurg appears. When he opens his mouth shoot the rings in.

well, hope that helps. I don’t know if the ride is the same In DW as it is in DL. I guess I’ll find out shortly. But those are the tricks here in CA. I know there are others…ask a CM when u get on the ride and they’ll tell you.

Here is my tip after two trips with this attraction in place:

Go straight to it once the park opens. Grab a fast pass and ride immediately. go back later…

tips for the game itself? Play with the most uncoordinated person in your party so you are sure to win…lolol I’m kidding.

[QUOTE=evansfmly5;989720]It’s not just getting them down…there are five balloons on the clouds on each side…the last balloons have to be shot at almost the same time to get the 2000 pt balloons…on the screen with the GI’s there are plates that fly up at the same time on each side…each player shoots their plate while it’s in the air and the screen opens up in the middle to show a big tank…I can’t remember what happens after that, I think it shoots high point plates or something. Either way, that one is hard to do.

On the screen with the rings you need to ring all the little green guys at the same time…do this and Zurg appears. When he opens his mouth shoot the rings in.

well, hope that helps. I don’t know if the ride is the same In DW as it is in DL. I guess I’ll find out shortly. But those are the tricks here in CA. I know there are others…ask a CM when u get on the ride and they’ll tell you.[/QUOTE]

We have actually done both of those, the tank and the robot after ringing all the LGM’s.

I read a thread here once and someone posted about how to double your score. I would love to know that one. I searched, but can not remember who posted the tip or where it was.

We’ll keep on trying though. My DH is determined to break 400,000. My personal high is over 185,000, my DS is over 200,000 and DD wants to reach 200,000. (I know, we have issues :blink:).

I found this: Toy Story Mania Tips and Tricks - Post Your Spoilers Here [Archive] - MousePad

When we get it on the Wii, maybe it will match the park game and we can ALL practice and be high scorers!?!?? :happy:

[QUOTE=timkelmom;989736]We have actually done both of those, the tank and the robot after ringing all the LGM’s.

I read a thread here once and someone posted about how to double your score. I would love to know that one. I searched, but can not remember who posted the tip or where it was.

We’ll keep on trying though. My DH is determined to break 400,000. My personal high is over 185,000, my DS is over 200,000 and DD wants to reach 200,000. (I know, we have issues :blink:).[/QUOTE]

I got to single rider with the guy with the high score in DCA once. He didn’t do anything really fancy. He was just a really good shot. BTW, when i was with him i got the hightest score I had ever gotten…215,000 i think. Most of the time i get around 175. But, because i was with him i got all the good stuff!!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;989741]I found this: Toy Story Mania Tips and Tricks - Post Your Spoilers Here [Archive] - MousePad

When we get it on the Wii, maybe it will match the park game and we can ALL practice and be high scorers!?!?? :happy:[/QUOTE]

Shh. Don’t tell everybody!!

Only 12 more days till its out.:happy:

[QUOTE=Dana;989731]Here is my tip after two trips with this attraction in place:

Go straight to it once the park opens. Grab a fast pass and ride immediately. go back later…

tips for the game itself? Play with the most uncoordinated person in your party so you are sure to win…lolol I’m kidding.[/QUOTE]

My tip is to go 15 minutes before the park closes, lines shorter cuz no more fastpasses one hour before closing, PLUS people are closer to the front of the park or at Fantasmic! Once you are on the line, they can’t kick you off. Line closes at park closing! We do this an pretty much walk on each time. :happy:

So far great info.Lets keep it up!!! I need a high score this October!!!Hehe…

Does anybody else feel like their arm is going to fall off when you’re done with this ride? :laugh:

It made me laugh when I realized I was actually breathing hard after all of it! I was really getting after it!

How can anyone even concentrate? It happens SO fast- I had air blowing in my face from something DD hit- she just kept apologizing for whatever she was doing.
Then suddenly we would spin around and start over. By the time I saw what I was aiming at it was over! LOL!
I don’t play video games though so maybe that is the reason.