Trading into DVC

Hi Everyone!!!

Am I seeing it correctly when I look at the II site now- that we can not use II to trade into Disney? I know for a fact that they used to be in the list but I don’t see any disney properties in there now— Or am I not looking right?

If that is true- I am going to have to find someone to just trade with- like a week at the Atlantis or something- because that was my big plan!

ugh!

thanks!!! It’s nice to be back!

T

I believe it’s true, I think DVC now trades through RCI.

Yep, changed last year.

Yep, RCI only.

I thought they used both.

Not anymore. Last year they dropped Interval. They only have an agreement with RCI now.

wow, I need to read my stuff more.

Some timeshares participate with both RCI & II. DVC was only II but went to RCI. If your timeshare is one that does both, you could join RCI instead.

RCI has many more trade choices, but I think II is more high end.

Personally, I don’t like the DVC exchange fees & points which I think are too high. For example the “signature selection” requires 1200 ponts plus $95 to exchange into. BLT Mk view Christmas week 2 BR is 615 points.

I can rent the Christmas week at von Trapp Lodge in a 2 bedroom villa for $5700. Or use 1200 points (worth $13,200 in points rental) plus $95 reservation fee $13,295. Even if you just consider the annual dues cost on 1200 points that like $6,095! That’s HIGHER than RACK rate!

I know there are cheaper exchanges (270 2BR red week) but that still over $3,000 in rental or $438 per night. I can stay at a lot of nice places for that kind of money.

Am I missing something?

I heard that! I am so behind! I just realized that the DDE is not the Tables in Wonderland… WHAT WHAT!?:ohmy::ohmy:

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1012793]Some timeshares participate with both RCI & II. DVC was only II but went to RCI. If your timeshare is one that does both, you could join RCI instead.

RCI has many more trade choices, but I think II is more high end.

Personally, I don’t like the DVC exchange fees & points which I think are too high. For example the “signature selection” requires 1200 ponts plus $95 to exchange into. BLT Mk view Christmas week 2 BR is 615 points.

I can rent the Christmas week at von Trapp Lodge in a 2 bedroom villa for $5700. Or use 1200 points (worth $13,200 in points rental) plus $95 reservation fee $13,295. Even if you just consider the annual dues cost on 1200 points that like $6,095! That’s HIGHER than RACK rate!

I know there are cheaper exchanges (270 2BR red week) but that still over $3,000 in rental or $438 per night. I can stay at a lot of nice places for that kind of money.

Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Richard… I am completely unfamiliar with all of this, so I am having trouble making my way through the numbers… Are you saying that it is not an advantageous opportunity for DVC members when they trade into RCI, or ar eyou saying that it is not an advantageous situation for RCI members hwo wish to trade into Disney?

[QUOTE=Emerson613;1012387]Hi Everyone!!!

Am I seeing it correctly when I look at the II site now- that we can not use II to trade into Disney? I know for a fact that they used to be in the list but I don’t see any disney properties in there now— Or am I not looking right?

If that is true- I am going to have to find someone to just trade with- like a week at the Atlantis or something- because that was my big plan!

ugh!

thanks!!! It’s nice to be back!

T[/QUOTE]

Are you looking to trade a week now? I was so dissapointed when DVC and II parted! I am still in denial!!!

That’s exactly what I think Richard’s example is… what is very shocking is that yearly dues on 1200 points costs more than if he just paid OOP for that specific resort! What is the point of trading them. Right? Crazy!