Tragic312's Trip Report Nov. 1 - 6

Day 1 - November 1

Our flight is at 7 AM, leaving Vegas and landing at 3 PM in JFK, followed by a 50 minute layover before departing to Orlando and arriving there at 7:30. Needless to say, it was a very long traveling day. After getting off the plane, we head over to the Magical Express counter to check in and literally were on our seats on the bus 5 minutes later. It was the first time we ever took the ME and I was more than excited about the whole thing! We were finally in Orlando after 3 years and heading to WDW!!!

The bus leaves minutes later and the drivers tells us he was going to get us to WDW in 25 minutes. Cue the in-bus entertainment where we watched a video about the new attractions, shows, etc in WDW. The driver than announces our arrival to WDW, where my face lit up like a Christmas tree seeing the “Welcome to Walt Disney World” Sign. We were staying at PC, which I was also very excited about. It was our first stay there.

After arriving at PC and being greeted by CMs, we enter the lobby and check in. We stayed at the 80’s building, which I thought was very cool because I was born in the 80’s and was dying to see what they had in regards to decorations. We head to our building, which wasn’t too far from Classics Hall ( a mere 5 minute walk) and head towards a giant rubic’s cube. We stayed at building 9 right on the first floor. I got a kick out of seeing the computer disks and all the sayings and pictures on the buildings as we walked along the pool to get to our room.

Our room was small, two double beds, but it’ll do. It’s just the two of us. We only had a carry on bag with us, which I packed some spare PJ’s to lounge around in while we waited for ME to drop off our luggage. We were getting hungry so we headed over to Classic Hall to check out the food court. We picked up the refillable mugs and some grub for our dinner. Music was playing everywhere. The soundtrack for the PC grounds ranged from 50’s to 90’s music. I thought that was pretty awesome to say the least.

We decided to tool around the grounds for a bit, to check out what was around us. I LOVED seeing Roger Rabbit standing on the turpentine barrell that was not too far from our room. Every day that I saw Roger, I always remembered that scene where he was hiding in the bar and Judge Doom was knocking on the wall saying, “Shave and a hair cut” followed by Roger bursting through the wall and singing, “To bits!” He had that exact pose as he stood on the barrel. Rob called me a dork but I didn’t care.

We went back to our room to lounge around and wait for ME to drop off our luggage. It was too late for us to go to any park, we got to our hotel around 8:30. I immediately crashed around 10 because I had been up for about 36 hours!! I worked on Halloween, drove Rob to work that night, went to a halloween party at a friend’s house, picked rob up at 4 AM and left for WDW 3 hours later without going to bed at all. Rob joins me in bed a few minutes later. 2 hours later, a knock on the door wakes us up and it’s ME dropping off our bags. Once our bags were tossed on our spare bed, we went back to sleep.

YAY! You’re starting your TR already! I can’t wait to hear what you thought about WDW after a 3 year hiatus. Be sure to share some pics, too! :happy:

Welcome home Tragic! Can’t wait for more report!

I’m glad you finally got back to Disney!

Yeahhhh a TR!! Pics,pics,pics and more pics please…

Wonderful! I can’t wait to read the rest!

Day 2 - November 2

Rob asked me when we woke up what did I want to do for the day. I told him, “Magic Kingdom to meet Tinker Bell!!!” I was on a mission to meet my favorite Disney character. We shower and get ready to depart to MK. I was beyond ecstatic knowing I was going to finally meet Tinker Bell. The day finally came!!! We didn’t wait long for the bus at all, under 5 minutes when we got to our stop. We get on board and I was thrown off by the wonderful announcement of our trip to MK. It was new to us that a guy came on the radio and welcomed us on the bus to our trip to MK. I also noticed the ticker tape that read off word for word what the guy was saying about our trip to MK.

We arrive at MK and make a bee line for Mickey’s Toon Town Fair. We go into the Judge’s Tent and get on line for the Disney Fairies. The wait time read 45 minutes but I didn’t care. I wanted to meet Tink. The line did move fairly well, all considering who we were waiting to meet. The princess line moved a lot faster than our line. We were finally moments away as we went into this long hallway into Pixie Hallow with two other groups waiting to meet Tink. A fairy kept buzzing along the walls while we waited. It was all so beautiful, the forestry decorations, the lady bugs by the ropes and the music was just magical.

A CM enters the room and undoes the rope to let us into Pixie Hallow. The room was so huge, filled with trees, flowers, and fairies. Of course Tink is the first one I see, followed by Iridessa and Rosetta. Tink tells us to fly around the room before we land to meet her and her friends. Rob and I were the last group so we actually got to spend some time with the fairies without holding up other guests. I met Iridessa first, who was so sweet and tall! I wore a Tinker Bell polo and she asked me if I was a tinker fairy. I told her I was and she smiled at me and said, “That’s wonderful.” She pointed out the flowers that Fawn bloomed for them early in the morning and said she did it just for us. After posing for pics and getting a signature in my book, which I still have from my first trip, it was on to meet Tinker Bell. The wait was finally over!!! Tink saw me and greeted me with a huge smile and said, “Hello” to me. My face lit up so much that it hurt when we left Pixie Hallow. I went from 26 years old to 5 in nanoseconds. I talked to Tink the longest. She asked me what my name was and asked if Queen Clarion gave it to me. She was thrilled to see that I’m a tinker fairy too. I showed her my tink purse and watch. We posed for a few more pics and she signed my book. I was just in seventh heaven meeting tinker bell. Then it was onto Rosetta, who sounded a lot like Kristen Chenoweth from the movie. She signed my book and posed for pics with me as well.

Rob and I left PH and I was skipping out of there with my autograph book in hand and the biggest smile on my face. Rob asked me if I was happy and I told him that I was. Now we can do whatever we wanted. My mission was over.

Off to lunch it was, since all we had for breakfast was a couple of Enteman’s doughnuts that I bought from the food court. We stopped over at Pinocchio’s Village Haus for lunch, which was very, very crowed due to the fact that it was going to rain soon and people sought out shelter. While we ate our lunch, it did in fact rain. But it didn’t last long. When we finished our lunch, the rain stopped and off to IASW. We then saw Mickey’s PhilHarmagic. Sunday was EMH so we knew that whatever rides we didn’t get to go on during the day we would check out that night. We went on POTC, which I was thrilled to death to see Captain Jack Sparrow, especially at the end where he’s sitting in the chair and talking to some bird and it’s really Johnny Depp talking. After the ride, we saw the pirate show with Sparrow himself teaching little kids how to be pirates. It was a cute show, but I was bummed that Jack left so quickly that he didn’t stick around for meet and greets. I loved how the fighting consisted of one to the left, one to the right, a poke in the belly and then pointing over the guy’s shoulder while proclaiming, “Look it’s the governor’s daughter” and fleeing when they turned around. The kids got scrolls from Jack after they completed their training.

We were a half hour away from the Share a Dream Come True Parade and found a great spot in Adventureland to see the parade. The parade was the same as the last time we saw it. The floats were all the same but that didn’t matter to me. I enjoyed it very much. Though I was bummed that the princess float got stuck along the way and had to make a mad dash down the parade route, leaving me little chance to take some pics of the princesses.

After the parade, we went to go get a spot for the Dreams Come True with Mickey stage show at the castle. The skies didn’t look too pleasant and we hoped they would hold off until the show was over. While we waited for the show, Rob and I discussed dinner. He said we would go back to our room, change and head out to eat, then come back to MK for EMH. The show started but then ended after the opening number because it started to drizzle. So, we left MK and back to PC we went. We talked about where to go, settled on Ohana and headed for the Poly. When we got there, we realized we never made a ressie and was told there was a 2 hour wait. We went back to MK and tried LTT and they were booked for the night. I ate at Pinocchio’s again, while Rob sulked over not eating at Ohana. We then went on to BTTRM, followed by Haunted Mansion, which we enjoyed the new features, and then saw Stitch’s great escape. Rob ate at Cosmic Ray’s after we saw Stitch. Wishes went off while we were heading to BTTRM, but with Spectromagic being given on Monday, and it was the only day we would see it during our stay, we decided to wait until Monday to see Wishes. We took some pics with a photopass photographer in front of the castle before we left MK to head back to our room to call it a night.

You met TINK!! We never got back there last weekend! Can’t wait to see the pictures!! :happy:

Day 3 - November 3

Today was a visit to Hollywood Studios!!! I couldn’t wait to go because I was dying to get on TOT. After taking some pics in front of the Sorceror’s hat, we head off into HS. We went on the great movie ride first. Then, we saw the Muppet’s 3D show. Then we grabbed a bite to eat over at the ABC commissary. I had the Ugly Betty sandwich, which was really good. And I ate it all, I was so hungry. It’s rare for me to finish a big sandwich or a burger but I ate it all, fries, too!! After lunch, we traveled to Narnia. I was so excited about it. I pictured us walking into a snowy Narnia, just like Lucy did in the first one. Instead, we walked into the room where the White Witch temps Prince Caspian in the second one. In the room had the platform that Aslan sacrificed himself on in the first one. The pictures along the wall turned into scenes from the movie, Prince Caspian. It told the whole story about Prince Caspian, while showing clips. When that was over, we entered a small room that had a few costumes and props from the movie. That was it to the attraction. I was disappointed because I thought there would be a whole lot more, especially since there are two movies.

When we left Narnia, I saw that Prince Caspian himself was due to come out for a meet and greet in a few minutes. So, we get on line and I was the first one to meet him. I was so excited. He was so tall and handsome when he came out. He signed my book, we posed for pics and we said goodbye to Prince Caspian. Off to the backlot tour we went. When we finished the backlot tour, we finally headed over to TOT!!! The wait time was 5 minutes but I think it took us 5 minutes to get all the way to our elevator. I still love that ride after all the times I’ve been on it. We left HS to go back to our room to change and head over to MK for Spectromagic and Wishes. We made ressies for Whispering Canyon Cafe after Wishes.

We got a spot in front of the bathrooms by the City Hall in Main Street to watch Spectromagic. It was great seeing King Triton make an appearance after Ariel. In the beginning of the parade, one of the guys that rides on the spinning balls got stuck, so they had to tow him out of the parade route to let the parade continue. After that, we noticed a lot of CM’s walking along side the big character floats throughout the parade. When the parade was over, we stayed at our spot to let the crowds spread out for Wishes. After waiting a half hour, we started walking down Main Street. We popped into the candy store where we bought our first bag of Milk Chocolate Peanuts, which by the way, are so good and addicting!!! We found a spot just outside the candy store for Wishes. We watched people leave MK and people stand around to wait for the show. I also spotted this little girl playing with her grandpa in the middle of Main Street. They played high five with each other for a few minutes. When they were done, she turned around and started high fiving anyone that passed her. She stood there with her hand in the air and kept saying, “High Five!” I had to go over to her and give her a high five just for being so cute.

Wishes began and it was as magical as when I first saw it. Our spot was phenomenal. The fireworks look so much better from where we stood than from anywhere else we watched Wishes. Also, you didn’t feel any pounding sensations in your chest after the big ones go off.

We left MK and headed over to WL for dinner. At dinner, the waiter showed us the drink menu, and pointed out the lemonades that had either a light up captain hook or Tinker Bell on the straw. It was regular lemonade. I had to get the light up Tinker Bell. There was a girl there celebrating her birthday. The wait staff brought out a cake, sang happy birthday and then proceeded to eat her cake for it. It was so funny!! She laughed so hard and covered her face while they all ate her cake. I even saw a waitress bring out the tiniest mason jar with the tallest straw I ever saw to her earlier in the evening. I still get a kick out of seeing the kids run around the restaurant when a table needs ketchup.

After dinner, we headed back to PC and called it a night.

Pics are coming guys. I have to upload them. My batteries are dying and they won’t let the camera stay on long enough to upload them all. But I will get them up and running before the weekend’s over.

Day 4 - November 4

Election Day! We did early voting before we left so we didn’t have anything to worry about with the election. Today was a visit to AK. We took some Photopasses in front of the tree of life. We then headed over to EE and got some fast passes for it. We had lunch at Yak and Yeti, which was pretty good chinese food, I have to say. After lunch, we decided to see the Flights of Wonder show to let lunch settle. It was a great show, seeing a hawk fly through the theater and then a bald eagle. It was beautiful. The show was entertaining and very educational. It’s also a great thing to see to get out of the heat and rain. The weather was kind of dreary, cloudy all day, but that didn’t stop us from enjoying ourselves. Then, we went to EE. It was a first for us. It is such a great ride. I loved it. When the ride stopped and we saw the shadow of the Yeti, it actually scared me. It just flashed out of no where and I let out a scream but it wasn’t a terrifying scream. It was more of a startled one. I didn’t see the yeti at the end because my hair kept whipping all over the place. We enjoyed EE so much. It was great!!

We then went on the safari. Animals were everywhere!!! We saw some giraffes roam around. We saw a rhino, too, which according to the driver was rare to see on the safari. The lions were great. We saw a lioness, followed by a lion, who was roaring as we rounded the corner. He was beautiful. Then we saw a couple of ostrich’s. One was even in front of the truck, walking down the road, and slowing things down. It was pretty funny. I thought at one point, the ostrich looked over his shoulder and had this, “I’m walking here” look on his face as he continued down the road.

After the safari, we headed over to see Finding Nemo, the musical. That is such a cute show. It was very funny, very entertaining, and beautiful. The colors, the lighting, the way they brought the movie to life was unbelievable.

We left AK to go back to our room to shower and change for dinner. We made ressies at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. We always eat at the California Grille as our one nice night out but they were booked for the week we were there. We were glad we went to the Yachtsman Steakhouse. We ate there before and enjoyed it greatly. Our food that night was outstanding. I had the filet minon and Rob had the porterhouse. We tried each other’s steaks and they were just so good. Rob’s porterhouse was wonderful. The spices and seasonings were mouth watery!!

Before dinner, we stopped over at Epcot to see Illuminations. Our ressies were at 9:35 and we were at our favorite spot, the bridge that connects France and England, to watch Illuminations.

After dinner, it was getting late so we headed back to our room where we found out that Barack Obama won the election and continued to watch some coverage of this historic election before we went to bed around 1:30 AM.

Here is the link of a pic of me and Tinker Bell. You have to have a Photo Pass account to see it though. It’s for free so you can sign up to see my pic!!

Disney’s PhotoPass - Sign In

Day 5 - November 5

Our last day in WDW. :crying: We decide to go to Epcot. Off to Mission: Space for a fast pass. We thought it was going to be insanely crowded. We walk through World Showcase, where the food and wine festival is taking place as well. As we pass China, Rob spots a line of people and asks, “Who’s that?” I look over and it’s Mulan!! I tell Rob, we have to go there. I have to meet Mulan!! So we get on line and I finally meet Mulan. I even told her I was excited to meet her because I always looked for her but never found her. She gave me a hug before we left.

We get to Mission Space and there’s a 5 minute wait. But the test track had a 65 minute wait. We were in shock!!! How can this be? So, we go on MS. We do the less intense one, I picked it because we both had empty stomachs and and I didn’t want us to get sick on the ride. Rob didn’t care for the less intense ride but I thought it was cool. We had lunch at the Electric Umbrella before heading over to the Land to do the Living with the Land ride, which is so cool!! We saw a segment of the new addition on the Rachel Ray show the other day and had to check it out. The ride has a garden that is growing all kinds of fruits, vegetables, and spices and herbs. Very educational and cool!! Soarin’ had a 55 minute wait and we couldn’t get a fast pass for it because we had massage appointments at the Yachtclub at 5 PM. So, we headed over to the Seas and went on a clammobile through the world of Finding Nemo. That is such a cool ride. I loved how Nemo, Dory and Marlin were in the aquarium with real fish. That was awesome. After Nemo, we went to the Photo Center where we picked out a picture from our Photo Pass to print for free. We had a voucher that came with our trip paperwork in the mail. We picked one of us in front of the castle at night. It was really pretty.

We left Epcot and headed over to the Yachtclub for our massages. I actually fell asleep at one point during my massage. I had no idea it was over until my massage therapist told me. We headed back to MK to see the castle stage show at 6:30. It was great but I would’ve loved to have seen it during the day to take pics. My camera doesn’t take night pics well at all. And to make things worse, my batteries were dying. So, it was weird to watch the show without seeing it through a camera, but it was entertaining. I loved it. We solemnly left MK one last time to head back to our room to shower. We went to DTD to have dinner at Planet Hollywood, since we had a $15 meal voucher and decided to use it. After dinner, we did some shopping. I picked up quite a few pins and a tinker bell lanyard during our shopping.

We get on the bus to head back to our room. I was nodding off when Marilyn Monroe started singing “Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend”. When the song was over, The Brady Bunch theme song began to play and everyone on the bus sang along, myself included. When we pulled up to PC, the Macerana started to play and one of the guys on the bus yelled out, “Go around the parking lot!” We got off the bus and headed to our room to call it a night.

Day 6 - November 6

Magical Express was going to pick us up at 10:45 for our 1:40 PM flight. I had packed most of our things the night before so all that was left was last minute items. We left our room sometime around 10:20 to check out. After we checked out, we checked our luggage with ME and headed over to the gift shop to pick up some snacks. When we got back, the ME bus showed up and on board we went where we watched a movie about coming back to WDW and going on other Disney Vacations.

We arrived at the airport at 11:25 and went to security. It was absolutely weird not getting in line to check our luggage. We made it through security and got to our gate. Since it was only 11:45 and we were hungry, we ate at Kalik’s Kafe before our flight. When we finished and got to our gate, we found out our flight was delayed by an hour. So, we were leaving at 2:40 instead of 1:40. While at the gate, I began reading Nicholas Sparks’ “The Choice.” A co-worker let me borrow it after she saw me reading “The Lucky One,” his new book.

We board our plane and I still read my book all the way to NY. When we land in NY, our flight to Vegas was delayed by a half hour. So, instead of leaving at 6:40, we were leaving at 7:15. So, we ate at a mexican restaurant to kill the time. After boarding our plane, we sat on the tar mac for over an hour. We didn’t take off until 8:30. The weather in the Northeast was terrible for flying all day. It was very cloudy and the visibility was terrible for the pilots. I took a nap during the flight after reading 115 pages of “The Choice.” We land in Vegas around 10:15 and our Disney trip was officially over. We were back home, going back to our normal lives.

Again, pics will be coming soon guys. I won’t leave you hanging.

Great TR~ Cant wait to see your pics!

The pics are uploaded guys!!! Here is the link for them, all 693 pics:

Shutterfly | View share

you can also see them on my myspace page. Enjoy!!!

Here is a picture of me and Tinker Bell at Pixie Hollow

LOVE your photos! Cool how you started off the week with halloween decorations and ended with Christmas decorations!

Wait, wait, wait…Maria, you didn’t go on the Toy Story Mania ride at the studios? Or did you just forget to mention it? :eek:

Going now to look at all of your pictures. thanks for putting up the report :smile:

[QUOTE=tragic312;901502]Day 1 - November 1

Our flight is at 7 AM, leaving Vegas and landing at 3 PM in JFK, followed by a 50 minute layover before departing to Orlando and arriving there at 7:30. Needless to say, it was a very long traveling day. After getting off the plane, we head over to the Magical Express counter to check in and literally were on our seats on the bus 5 minutes later. It was the first time we ever took the ME and I was more than excited about the whole thing! We were finally in Orlando after 3 years and heading to WDW!!!

The bus leaves minutes later and the drivers tells us he was going to get us to WDW in 25 minutes. Cue the in-bus entertainment where we watched a video about the new attractions, shows, etc in WDW. The driver than announces our arrival to WDW, where my face lit up like a Christmas tree seeing the “Welcome to Walt Disney World” Sign. We were staying at PC, which I was also very excited about. It was our first stay there.

After arriving at PC and being greeted by CMs, we enter the lobby and check in. We stayed at the 80’s building, which I thought was very cool because I was born in the 80’s and was dying to see what they had in regards to decorations. We head to our building, which wasn’t too far from Classics Hall ( a mere 5 minute walk) and head towards a giant rubic’s cube. We stayed at building 9 right on the first floor. I got a kick out of seeing the computer disks and all the sayings and pictures on the buildings as we walked along the pool to get to our room.

Our room was small, two double beds, but it’ll do. It’s just the two of us. We only had a carry on bag with us, which I packed some spare PJ’s to lounge around in while we waited for ME to drop off our luggage. We were getting hungry so we headed over to Classic Hall to check out the food court. We picked up the refillable mugs and some grub for our dinner. Music was playing everywhere. The soundtrack for the PC grounds ranged from 50’s to 90’s music. I thought that was pretty awesome to say the least.

We decided to tool around the grounds for a bit, to check out what was around us. I LOVED seeing Roger Rabbit standing on the turpentine barrell that was not too far from our room. Every day that I saw Roger, I always remembered that scene where he was hiding in the bar and Judge Doom was knocking on the wall saying, “Shave and a hair cut” followed by Roger bursting through the wall and singing, “To bits!” He had that exact pose as he stood on the barrel. Rob called me a dork but I didn’t care.

We went back to our room to lounge around and wait for ME to drop off our luggage. It was too late for us to go to any park, we got to our hotel around 8:30. I immediately crashed around 10 because I had been up for about 36 hours!! I worked on Halloween, drove Rob to work that night, went to a halloween party at a friend’s house, picked rob up at 4 AM and left for WDW 3 hours later without going to bed at all. Rob joins me in bed a few minutes later. 2 hours later, a knock on the door wakes us up and it’s ME dropping off our bags. Once our bags were tossed on our spare bed, we went back to sleep.[/QUOTE]

Your trip sounded great!!! How did you like PC? We are staying there for the 1st time next week! I can’t decide if I’m going to p/u my own luggage and bring it on the ME bus or not. Do you wish you had? Our flight isn’t getting in until 8pm.

I’m soooo excited to meet the fairies too. DD and I just watched the Tinkerbell movie last week too so now we can’t wait to go to Pixie Hollow! Great TR.