Trailblazer/A Goofy Family/BDavis' Spring Break Trip to see Mickey!

Our Spring Break at WDW

The BDavis family drove to WDW and left on Friday March 13th. The Goofy family and I flew out on Sat morning. The Goofy Families 14 year old twins left on a charter bus on Friday the 13th with the high school performing arts group headed for WDW and Universal. We also met up with some friends of the Goofy Family and we all had several meals and rode rides together.

On Sat night BDavis and family drove into town about 8:30pm and stayed at Buena Vista Suites and went to DTD. A Goofy Family & I stayed at POP Century for that one night. After checking in at Pop, we went to MK for the day and evening. We were able to see SpectoMagic Parade and the celebration parade. Also rode the haunted mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Country Bears, Jungle Cruise, & Swiss Family Treehouse.

Sunday morning we all moved to our “home away from home” for the next 6 nights. BDavis Family & I stayed at AKLodge and A Goofy Family stayed at Boardwalk Villas.

After we checked in to our resorts, we all met up on Sunday morning and went to Epcot and ate at Sunshine Seasons. We looked around the countries and rode the Norway and Mexico boat rides. We then left and went to Ohana’s for a delicious dinner. 2 from our group decided to skip O’hana and go watch the Space Shuttle from the roof of the Contemporary Resort. After dinner, we went back to the MK for late night & a few of the group went back to the room, the rest stayed until 2:00 riding BTMRR over and over and then space mountain, stitches great escape and we also rode It’s a small world!

Monday we all met up at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. We had lunch at 50’s prime time. From this point we went to American Idol (Very Cool!!) Animation Studio and rode some other rides. Then we ate at Rosie’s Café for the evening meal. We got to ride Toy Story twice. It was near closing and we stood in line and there was still time to ride it again. What a fun ride. My son-in-law always tries to beat me with the score .He also does this on Buzz light year. I guess that keeps him happy, as he knows he will win.

Tuesday—This day we slept in then met at Epcot and went to Morocco for lunch. Yummy!!! We spent the day in Epcot visiting the countries, DGD#2 did the Kim Possible Adventure in Mexico, we rode some rides and since the parks were so packed we decided to go back to the hotel for the afternoon/evening (which is something we NEVER do!). We ate at Mara (very good!) and the kids swam and we actually went to bed around 11:00pm!

Wednesday-AK Park-It was so crowded! I believe it was as bad/or worse than Christmas Day. We had lunch at Yak and Yeti (fast food side) and it took forever to get a place to sit down!!! Food was okay, nothing to write home about. I don’t think we will eat there again (Flame Tree is better!). We left the park early and went to Whispering Canyon for dinner. We had a great time there…everyone enjoyed it SO much. Afterward, some of the gang went back to AK for extra magic hours (open til 11pm). I decided to go back to my room and relax as AK isn’t my favorite park. I looked out the window and saw zebra’s, giraffe’s, ostrich, etc. Pretty cool.

Thursday-That morning we got up and had a photo session at AKL. We had an appt at 10:30. Our photographer was Bob. He did a good job and we enjoyed our photo session very much! Afterwards, DGSon#2 and A Goofy Family went to Blizzard Beach. Then Davis family and I headed to Epcot . I ate at England and took my food over to Japan and ate with BDavis and DGD#2. DSIL#2 ate at Germany. We looked around the countries a bit, rode a couple rides in future world and then went to MK. We got to sit up front in the monorail! That was COOL!!! At the MK, we rode some of the rides we missed and then ate dinner at Cosmic Rays. Then DGS#2 and DSIL#2 went back to the hotel. BDavis, DGD#2 and I had enough time to go over to went to Epcot to ride the Nemo Ride and then used our fast passes at Soarin’ It’s always so much fun! I love the smell of the oranges etc.

Friday—Davis family left to drive back home. The goofy family and I headed to Hollywood Studio’s to finish up a few shows like American Idol and the Great Movie Ride, then to MK for a few rides, shopping and ice cream sandwiches and turnovers from the bakery on main street. Next stop Epcot! We went on the Nemo ride and then to the land to eat as it was still an hour for our fast passes. Then we got in line for Soarin’ and when we came back outside it had turned a little chilly. They continued to look at things and ride more rides but I went back to my room. The Home and Garden show was going on. All the topiaries and the flowers crossing over the gateway to the countries were beautiful!

Sat-The twins stayed Friday night with me that night and we got up fairly early and got ready to check out of our room. They ate a bunch of the meat that was left over from Whispering Canyon and then we walked around the resort and looked at the animals. We stopped in Mara and ate a small bowl of fruit before we went up and got my luggage from bell hop and waited for the Magical Express. What a great way to get back and forth from the Airport. The grandkids helped me with my luggage and then we went to Southwest Airlines and got my boarding pass. I couldn’t do check in on line as I had to prove that I was over 65. By then A Goofy Family and DSL#1 arrived at the airport from the Boardwalk. They came up to the 3rd floor and the twins went with them to get there luggage all checked in.Then A Goofy Family had Mickey gingerbread cookies and a large pretzel we had to eat before we could go through security. Between the 5 of us we ate it all! We got through security and then got bottles of water and headed down to our gate. We had around an hour wait at that time for our plane, but the time flew. We had a great flight back home.

Here are all the rides we rode this trip:

Rode Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain railroad
Mickey’s PhilharMagic
It’s a Small World
Carrousel
Tea Cups
Many adventures of Winn the pooh
Space Mountain
The Carousel of Progress
Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger
Monsters Inc.
People mover
Laugh floor
Stitch’s great escape
Figment
Cool club
Boat ride in the land
Its tough to be a bug GS and I
Finding Nemo-the musical
Flights of wonder
Mt Everest
Living with the Land
The Seas with Nemo and friends
Watched the lady do Candy Art from Japan
Listened to the China Classical Chinese music
Country Bears Jamboree
The enchanted Tiki Room
People Mover
Parades
Live Glass Blowing Demostration
Swiss Family Treehouse
Jungle cruise
Pirates of the Caribbean
The Haunted Mansion
It’s a Small World
The Great Movie Ride
American Idol Experience
Toy Story Mania
The Magic of Disney Animation
Beauty and the Beast
It’s Tough to be a Bug
Flights of Wonder

BDavis will post LOTS of photos tomorrow night! Thanks for reading!

Welcome home! Sounds like a blast. I can’t wait to see some pictures.

Sounds like a wonderful trip, I can’t wait too see some pictures.

Who’s ready for pictures?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Ready or Not…here they come!!

Okay, Instead of adding few, I’ve added quite a collection of some shots that A Goofy Family and I took (as well as some of The Davis Family photo session at AKL). I haven’t talked to Dsis about which photos she wants added so hopefully in the next day or two (with some encouragement, wink wink!) she’ll post some more!

So to check out our web album, click here: Picasa Web Albums - Heather - WDW March 2009 and then click on slideshow if it doesn’t start automatically

A Goofy Family took some beautiful photos of the castle…makes me wish we were going back sometime soon!!!

Great pics and TR, I really like the pics taken at AK

great pics and sounds like it was a great trip.

Thanks Heather for posting the pictures. You picked some good great pictures of the flower and garden show.

WOW your pictures are beautiful! I don’t have a fav because I think they are all great!

Great report and pictures…Thanks for sharing.

Those castle pictures are amazing - how did you get those so beautifully?

BDavis is a lovely family - what a nice photo shoot.

Seems like such a nice trip. Thanks for sharing!

Absoulutely stunning photographs! You have a great eye for composition and lighting. Maybe you can get Disney to hire you to photograph for them. Sounds like you guys and gals had a blast. Take Care.

WOW! Great pics! Thanks for sharing! :heart: