Transportation from Tampa to DW

Hello
We are taking a cruise out of Tampa and then going to DisneyWorld! The problem is that I dont know how to get from the Port in Tampa to DW?!:ohmy:

I called Happy Limo and they cannot go there. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

Have you thought about renting a car?

And after you rent the car, follow the signs to I-4 to Orlando. Around mile 60 or so, you should see the first exit for WDW coming up. Take it. If you do rent, I’d suggest Alamo, as they are the official rental car of WDW and have a location right inside WDW just outside the Magic Kingdom parking lot. It’s only about 65 miles or so. Check Tampa limo companies for their rates to WDW.

We did that once. We were in Tampa for a friend’s wedding and then a limo from Tampa to WDW and then from WDW to MCO. Try Quicksilver - they’re a sponser here. If they can’t do it try FL Tours - I think that’s who we used (before we discovered Quicksilver).

Thank you all so much for your responses! We weren’t going to rent a car at all on this trip so I was hoping to find the name of another car service.

NOPE, ABSOLUTELY NO WAY TO GET FROM TAMPA TO WDW!!!:huh: :nonono2:

It’s not allowed without your travel buddies:wink: , Soooooo, I guess you need to go with us in two weeks!!! :tongue:

I will try to come with you in two weeks if you try to come with us for a New Years Eve cruise!!!

We’ll be doing the same thing for our cruise in September. Renting a car is actually very inexpensive. Anywhere from $30-40 that I’ve found. Much cheaper than a car service. Florida does not charge one way rental fees.

We’ll be doing the same thing for our cruise in September. Renting a car is actually very inexpensive. Anywhere from $30-40 that I’ve found. Much cheaper than a car service. Florida does not charge one way rental fees.

We will have seven people so we would have to rent a van. Where are you renting from? Is it close to the port?

I’m probably going to rent through Alamo. They pick you up right at the port, and they also have locations at wdw.
Budget was reasonable as well, and they will also pick you up, but I believe they charge $10 for that.
I was pricing a compact, so a minivan will cost more.

I just checked Alamo and for reference I put that I would pick it up at TPA and drop if off at MCO. They were going to charge $130!!! Hopefully a shuttle will be cheaper.

The drive from Tampa to Orlando isn’t difficult at all. Heck, I make it many, many times a year! It’s making it from the port to I-4 that may cause minor issues. Head east on 4 and take Exit 62 for Disney. You’re looking at a roughly a 70 mile drive from the port to Disney. If you are going to be there for a while, a car is somewhat worth it, but not needed. Best of luck.

Just a note Enterprise will charge you a lot to drop off a car somewhere other then where you picked it up.