Transportation within Disney World

Hi all. I have a question for a friend who is going to WDW in a week and a half.

Does anyone know the Disney site where you can put in your requested destination and get approximate time on how long it will take to get there, and the easiest way to get there? I remember a site I used to go on a long time ago, but I haven’t used it in years since we always drive.

My friends won’t have a car, so I need to tell them the easiest way to get from point A to point B. Can anyone remember the site?

THANKS IN ADVANCE! :happy:

How about this one

OLP: Transportation Wizard – Our Laughing Place home of OLPTravel

They are having a server problem at the moment, but it’s the right link :smile:

Thanks! :wub: I got this link to work!

OLP: Transportation Wizard – Our Laughing Place home of OLPTravel

Oooo thats really helpfull, especially if were thinking of making reservations at other hotels etc!

That’s pretty cool!!! Thanks Dopey!

Great link!

Happy to help when I can :smile:

They’ve been having server problems for a few months now.
Also, one little issue I have with the Wiz is it doesn’t always give the best routing. You can’t get to or from DTD directly from the parks. But you can walk to the Contemporary’s bus stop from MK and to Beach or Boardwalk from Epcot and get the DTD bus there. This is invaluable info if you’ve got plans in DTD after park close and you’re trying to make a reservation time and the Wiz doesn’t include it. Also, sometimes it makes the most sense when trying to get to a monorail resort from one of the non-monorail resorts for dinner, your best bet is to bus to MK and hop the launch to the Poly and GF instead of even bothering with the monorail.

Also keep in mind that there are buses that run directly from AK to DHS and back, as well as Epcot to DHS and Epcot to AK. Supposedly, there are buses from DTD to the AK and DHS, but service tends to be slow, so again, from MK to DHS and AK, the quickest option is to walk to the Contemporary and bus from there.

Kim - I have a transportation guide that I made. I would be happy to mail it to you to give to them if you want. pm me the address and I’ll get it out to you.

We avoid making connections at Downtown Disney, it seems to take twice as long. We pick the closest theme park and head there to get a resort bus if we have to get to another resort.

Sometimes I go to the transportation wizard just to see how long it would take me to get from one of my imaginary destinations to another. :redface:

here’s a jpeg of that guide. You should be able to save it to your computer and print it out. It’s color-coded and edited to be smarter than the WDW version. IT saves as much time as possible without making it confusing. Let me know if you are able to get a clear print…I have no issue printing this and mailing it to you if you want it.

wow Dana! Thats pretty cool!

You are AWESOME! :wub:

Great link. Thank’s!