Travel Time?

Simple question - I have never stayed at this hotel so I dont know the travel time using Disney’s Magical Express, So, How long does it take to get to MK, DHS, DAK, and Epcot from Pop Century?

Oohhh good question! I am staying there in September and never even thought of that question. waiting for the reply

Kim

We have stayed at POP many times, but I’m not really sure about times. We have 3 children, and I’m usually trying to occupy them as we ride, plus I’m a real chattebox, so I don’t always pay attention to things because I’m too busy talking.:blush::laugh:It never takes long, though. I’d say 20 minutes or so on average.

We were at Pop in January, and it never took any longer that 20 minutes.

Saying that, I’m sure time of year makes a big difference.

It depends…usually 20 minutes…a little less for AK and a little more for MK. I am a little confused about your question though…Magical Express is from the airport to the resort…are you referring to that or just the regular Disney buses that run back and forth between the parks and the resort?

Yea, thats what I was referring to, haha, you will have to excuse me…Im a DLR guy…not so familiar with everything that goes on at WDW :tongue:

Do those bus systems that take you from the hotels to the parks have a name?

[QUOTE=anaheimboy;962608]
Do those bus systems that take you from the hotels to the parks have a name?[/QUOTE]

It is just Disney transportation. The buses are well marked as to where they are going. Depending on the time of day, there are many busses arriving at the resort at the same time, so you just have to pay attention as to where you want to go. Most times, it can be about a 20 minute wait between runs from a resort to a park.

Thanks for all of the great help everyone. :smile:

If you look at this link Pop Century is #31 on the map.Map of Walt Disney World Resort - wdwinfo.com

You’ll be closest to Studios & EPCOT, once on the bus it should take no more than 10-12 minutes to get to either. I’d say about 15-18 to get to AK park & DtD. You’ll be furthest away from the MK which I would estimate about 20 minutes to get to. I know it sounds like a long time but there are actually quite a few lights on the way & Disney buses aren’t going as fast as a car would.

The last time we stayed at Pop was in 2004 and I don’t ever remember being frustrated with the busing. Get out early in the morning though, I DO remember the bus line getting pretty long around 9-11am.

[QUOTE=anaheimboy;962608]Yea, thats what I was referring to, haha, you will have to excuse me…Im a DLR guy…not so familiar with everything that goes on at WDW :tongue:

Do those bus systems that take you from the hotels to the parks have a name?[/QUOTE]

That’s what I thought but I didn’t want to give you bad info!:laugh:

They don’t have a name other than Disney Transport. but I like you’re thinking…it totally should have a fun name.

I dont think that will be an issue…I’m one of those crazy people who line up at the security tents at DLR at 6:00-6:30am when the Esplanade doesn’t even open up until 7:30am :laugh: So I’m sure I will be fine :tongue:

I stayed at POP last year and was completely satisfied with their transportation. We had a rental car. But, we used it only once and that was because we were having dinner off-site after a park visit. Otherwise, I’d say the rides to and fro were short enough that my DH didn’t have enough time to really doze off. :laugh:

By the way, here is a web site someone provided me which gives approximate travel times and routes between all points WDW: OLP: Transportation Wizard – Our Laughing Place home of OLPTravel.

Most of your hotel to park, hotel to DTD, DTD to park, and park to park questions are answered here:

OLP: Transportation Wizard – Our Laughing Place home of OLPTravel