Treatment of Special Needs Guests at Disney World Unparalleled

Good show Disney! :mickey:

But I never heard about the HS incident that the lady referenced…

Treatment of Special Needs Guests at Disney World Unparalleled | Autism Key

As a wish volunteer I’m always keeping an eye out for wish kids to say hi to when I’m in the parks, and in what I’ve seen and talking with wish families Disney really does makes those wishes come true in a very special way, ESPECIALLY, those absolutely great CMs that work in that FL summer heat to bring a character to life and a smile to a kid’s face.

Thats a great story, and I hadn’t heard of the bullying incident either (shame on them). Just a side note, our DD was once taken ill at MK with a perforated ear drum, the medical staff and CM’s were just amazing in that situation too.

Autistic Child Allegedly Bullied at Disney (Disney Dispatch)

Here is an article talking about what happened with the bullying incident.

I think I can cover this with by saying "There will always by knuckleheads. We can not avoid that fact (Ask Wall). All we can ask for is the strength to walk away.

I would have been hard pressed not to snatch the noise makers and ‘accidentally’ crush them. I understand I would be the aggressor and get tossed out, but I have a low tolerance for low class actions.

I can tell you from experience of being a CM, Disney strives to train all of their employees make everyone feel special and exactly the same and equal to one another. I was trained so well and given so much important and helpful information to be the best I could be in helping everyone with all their needs and wants, regardless of medicial conditions or not. Disney is a truly special company with a heart of gold :]

I had a lengthy reply written and just removed it … I won’t try to understand one’s motives but I will act differently if the situation I experienced was to happen again… To me it’s still the Happiest place on Earth !!!
Mess with the Bull and your gonna … ehhh you know the rest !!!:pirate:

[QUOTE=WALL;1070868]I had a lengthy reply written and just removed it … I won’t try to understand one’s motives but I will act differently if the situation I experienced was to happen again… To me it’s still the Happiest place on Earth !!!
Mess with the Bull and your gonna … ehhh you know the rest !!!:pirate:[/QUOTE]

Wall, I have seen your bad experience, and I could write a long reply on this too. Having had a handicap father, I dealt with many issues in both treatment and/or rudeness. But the man, he was awesome. The world is a sad place without him. He just smiled, cursed under his breath, and killed them with kindness. There is no reason for it, and frankly there is just no place for it at all at Disney. It is supposed to be and should be the happiest place on earth. If people can’t be nice, caring, and loving, frankly they should stay out of our happy place!

I just don’t understand why anyone thinks it is alright to be inconsiderate or straight-out bully another person… a complete stranger at that.

I mean, what goes through people’s heads???

“Oh, look at this guys… I can upset this innocent child behind me by blowing a horn!!! This is so funny! I’m so powerful! I have the ability to make this boy really upset and uncomfortable!”

Some people have problems… some people are pathetic.

I have never understood why someone else thinks it is ok to be mean to someone else. Plain and simple. It is not ok, but I have never understood this… and it happens on many levels.

I have never understood the whole mentality of “I will go treat people like crap today”. I have completely had great days when I treat people well. But for some reason, some people just don’t get that.

Disney and their CM’s have been nothing but accomidating for us. I bring a note from my son’s doctor stating his autism, and am extremely grateful for whatever they can do to make our trip enjoyable and relaxing vacation as possible. This is one of the main reason’s we go back year after year!!!

The only problem I ever encountered was by a parent who loudly complained about us going through fastpass entrance. I just smiled and sweetly said I’d wait in line for hours if it meant my son wasn’t autistic. I’ve always looked at that as an opportunity to educate someone on autism…

I will say the last place I would take my son on New Year’s Eve is out and about. He would never be able to stand all the stimulation party goer’s would be throwing out there. Why put him through the discomfort and aggitation I know would happen… Get a movie, curl up with some munchies and a drink and bring the year in that way…

I have a friend who I grew up with who has Aspergers Syndrome’s and he is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met. More people should be like him. Ofcourse, Aspergers is a mild form, and you could honestly barely tell he had it. I mean, he was always a little different, but I never suspected anything more than that just being the way he was. Infact, I’ve known him for 6-7 years and most of us just found out he had it last year because he was afraid to tell people cause he thought they wouldn’t like him anymore. I was so happy he finally felt safe to share it with people and see that everyone still loves him the same! And in fact I think it made it better because his friends can understand him even better now.

People who can make fun of people for just being who they are are terrible and heartless and probably just uncomfortable with themselves. I couldn’t even imagine being that ignorant to someone. Let a lone a child. It often just helps to be the bigger person and remove yourself from the situation.