Tree House Travel

Does anyone have information on how guests get about while staying at a Tree house? It does not appear to be w/in walking distance of the rest of SSR. I have only lurked With google earth to see the layout.

i think you will have to swing in like tarzan!

That’s right up his alley!:laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: I would give that a clunk :laugh:

I wonder if the bus system will be set up to take guests to and from the SSR main area.

I read there is a foot path to the ‘Grandstand’ area of SSR. But I can not see the bus route etc.

I found this: DVCNews.com: The essential Disney Vacation Club resource! - Treehouse Villas Transportation Details

It’s explains it for ya! :cool:

A two bus shuttle will opperate from 7am to 2am… These busses will travel in a loop to take you to SSR so that you can wait for another bus…

I think I would drive to each park(except for MK). While I would love to stay at the Tree Houses, I think there is no way I would be without a car if we stayed there.

Thank you kids. I’m not sure if I dig the double bus hop. We won’t have a car, so we will be prisoners to the system. Held down, exploited and shackled by the man as he heralds his bourgeoisie principles and . …I … uhm … never-mind. Sorry.

Thanks. Looks great. Lot of fun.

There is a dock to the DTD boat . . . would it make sense to go to DTD then take the bus from there to the parks? (sorry no real clue, never take the bus!) :blink:

Check out this video: Leaving Facebook… | Facebook

Are all the huts along the canal - or would that be a special request?

So, internal travel at the Treetops is similar to Fort Wilderness in that there is a shuttle that takes you to the main stop instead of simply having a multiple stop bus route like all of the mods have.
That bites!

There are no buses between any parks and DTD!!!
The best you can hope for is to bus to the Contemporary or GF from DTD in order to get to MK and to bus to Boardwalk or Yacht for Epcot. AK and DHS, you’re out of luck.
The reason there is no service from parks to DTD is so that day guests don’t park at DTD for free instead of paying to park in the parks’ parking lots.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;956174]There are no buses between any parks and DTD!!!
The best you can hope for is to bus to the Contemporary or GF from DTD in order to get to MK and to bus to Boardwalk or Yacht for Epcot. AK and DHS, you’re out of luck.
The reason there is no service from parks to DTD is so that day guests don’t park at DTD for free instead of paying to park in the parks’ parking lots.[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh: That’s what I figured! I don’t get why some people would waste all that precious park time to find a spot at DTD, wait for a bus, and then travel to the park . . . all for $12!?! NUTS!!! :blink:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;956173]So, internal travel at the Treetops is similar to Fort Wilderness in that there is a shuttle that takes you to the main stop instead of simply having a multiple stop bus route like all of the mods have.
That bites![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I’m not digging it conceptually. But I’ll see how it works out. There is a walking path, but I do not know how long it is. I guess it will depend on which hut we swing into. All in all, A deck over looking the water will make for some good beer drinking/cigar smoking/rude noise making evenings.

Ok, so I get the beer drinking and cigar smoking but what is with the rude noises? Could we be talking about gas or something else we should not mention on MB?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well, if I mention it, then I violate the should not mention rule.

But yes, you have the general idea.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;956322]Well, if I mention it, then I violate the should not mention rule.

But yes, you have the general idea.[/QUOTE]

OK, so don’t shake too much out of the tree or bring it down.

Has anyone found a map of the tree houses? One that tells you the building number? I would like to request shack by the waterway. It would be nice if I could be exact.

We are in a treehouse in about 3 weeks. I can’t imagine what a pain it’s going to be to catch 2 busses to get anywhere! We will have 5 kids under the age of 8 with us, please send us TONS of pixie dust and patience!