Trip observations

drove over to WDW for a short stay 19 & 20 Jan. Stayed at the Swan. Very nice.

I didn’t know this but if you leave the park, you can’t use your ticket to get back in for an hour. Went to Magic Kingdom on Tuesday am. Went through the ticket turnstile to wait for the opening. Needed to use the rest room. Went to a CM who let me out. No restrooms between the entrance booth and the train station<G>. CM said to come back to him to get back in. I actually thought he was joking. When I was going back in, his line was long, so I went a few turnstiles down. I have an AP. Wouldn’t work!!! Explained what happened and the new CM told me about the hour rule. I didn’t know that. Went back to the guy who let me out to get back in… guess you learn something new every day.

Also at MK, the have a ticket kiosk. Never saw this before!!! Pretty cool. Touch screen to get what you want in tickets!!!

At the Swan, which I like a lot, in the lobby, in the evenings, they have a wine dispenser. No kidding. They had 2 cabinets with I believe 4 wines in each. Young lady man’s (or ladies) the booth. You can pick a “taste,” 1/2 glass or full glass.

At the International Gateway, usually, you go through the turnstile @ 845am for a 9am opening, you then wait at the rope drop at the top of the hill where you spilt off to France or England. On Monday, the 19th of Jan, they didn’t even let you go through the turnstiles until 9am. What a mess. First, obviously, you need to have your bags checked, then you have to sustain the usual “trama” of people who can’t get their ticket to work!!! Soarin was really empty. Hardly any wait to get a Fast Pass. Maybe Disney Co stopped the rope drop altogether, or just for the season??? Patrons weren’t happy. Lots of grumbling at the gate <G>.

Also, Storm-A-Long Bay is being rehabbed. You can use the kiddie beach section and the “lazy river” section, but the hugest portion of the pool has been drained empty. The slide has been torn apart for rehab too. Not sure when it will be ready.

Over all, it was loads of fun as usual!!! Hey… it’s Disney.

Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;926712]
Also, Storm-A-Long Bay is being rehabbed. You can use the kiddie beach section and the “lazy river” section, but the hugest portion of the pool has been drained empty. The slide has been torn apart for rehab too. Not sure when it will be ready.[/QUOTE]

I just foudn out about this, moments before I booked a room for a quick visit next month. We wanted to use Stormalong Bay and so I would have booked YC/BC if I had not read about the closure, and I would bave been so sad!

I understand they let people use BW’s Luna Park if Stormalong Bay is closed, and vice-versa?

>>I understand they let people use BW’s Luna Park if Stormalong Bay is closed, and vice-versa?<<
I’ve definitely seen that happen over the years, but IMHO, Luna Park is NO Storm-A-Long Bay (SALB). Nice, but NO SALB.
Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;926712]Also at MK, the have a ticket kiosk. Never saw this before!!! Pretty cool. Touch screen to get what you want in tickets!!!

At the International Gateway, usually, you go through the turnstile @ 845am for a 9am opening, you then wait at the rope drop at the top of the hill where you spilt off to France or England. On Monday, the 19th of Jan, they didn’t even let you go through the turnstiles until 9am. What a mess. [/QUOTE]

They’ve had a touchscreen ticket kiosk at Blizzard Beach for a couple of years, it sounds like went over well and they may put them in at all the parks.

We haven’t been let in early at the International Gateway in a couple of years. Our last two trips we’ve had to wait until 9 to get past the turnstiles so there was no rope at the top of the hill. It ends up putting us behind the people coming in the front of the park.

>>They’ve had a touchscreen ticket kiosk at Blizzard Beach for a couple of years, it sounds like went over well and they may put them in at all the parks.<<

It may well have been there before, but I never saw it.
To be honest, when I go to the MK, I’m usually not on that side of the front.

>>We haven’t been let in early at the International Gateway in a couple of years. Our last two trips we’ve had to wait until 9 to get past the turnstiles <<

We usually stay at one of the Epcot resorts, so we always enter Epcot via the Int. Gateway. I can’t remember when we didn’t have the rope drop. Last visit was in Oct for Food & Wine and they had it then.

>>It ends up putting us behind the people coming in the front of the park.<<

Here-here!!! I agree. It’s a pain to “hustle” down World Showcase only to see a sea of people going up the Land ramp.

A few mothers days ago they let people go in early, I guess thinking people were all going to the breakfast at the auditorium between England and Canada. My wife and I were’t, and neither was an adult daughter and her mom. So we walked to the Land only to be turned away and told to go back to the Int Gateway. ROFL!!! I told the CM that wasn’t going to happen since another CM let us in. We actually got to be part of the “sea” going into the Land for Soarin!! <G>.
Frank

We only go in the summer so maybe they quit doing it in the summer, who knows. I used to love getting in a minute or two early. There aren’t many turnstiles in the back so the line can get pretty long.

[QUOTE=fjs08;926715]
I’ve definitely seen that happen over the years, but IMHO, Luna Park is NO Storm-A-Long Bay (SALB). Nice, but NO SALB.
Frank[/QUOTE]

I totally agree… but of course, Stormalong doesn’t have a super scary clown blasting little kids out of its mouth! :noo::biggrin:

>> but of course, Stormalong doesn’t have a super scary clown blasting little kids out of its mouth! <<

ROFL! You have a point there!!!
Frank