Trip report and @#$%

Just got back from a great trip,got do soft opening for fantasyland,very nice,food was great as was service except one exception,had a lot of fun and even though it was 10 days it just seemed short,I could go on and on ,but you know the drill it is DISNEY what can I say…the only concern which began with last trip in apr and got worse this trip is a growing trend of poor mousekeeping,this time room was not cleaned trash cans full,dust buildup everywhere,and that ever present mold,glasses were dirty well you get the drift,just seems like there are less people and the fact that they were at 100% occupancy,they just seem to be falling behind or they are being steched thin giving most of their service to non DVC members ,any thoughts about this and personal experiences might just shine some light on this continuing problem

A dirty room would not be appreciated regardless of being DVC. You pay so much and you deserve a clean room.
I look forward to hearing about the good parts!

Rest of the trip was fantastic,transportation was great,food was great,the F&W was a lot of fun,the attending concerts were very good…all in all a great trip,just mousekeeping seems to be in a little disarray

That is absolutely unacceptable. It’s not the roach motel down the street for $29 per night. I would be all over management while I was there, and in a follow up survey if you get one.

Most importantly - make sure that you send comments with details by email: dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

So I want to verify that you were staying on dvc points? Their house keeping is different with trash pickup on day 4 and a full cleaning on day 7. Or was it that way when you checked in.

Which DVC resort did you stay at?

I would definitely follow up. I have always been well pleased with mousekeeping. The only thing I noticed different with it at POFQ this past trip in August, is that there are no more “Do Not Disturb” door signs. We usually put one out the night before so that we can get breakfast and come back to the room to get out things in the morning. We found that housekeeping didn’t come around until later so it wasn’t a problem. But as I posted in my trip report—as usual, the little towel animals were fantastic.

I would say something at any hotel that wasn’t clean!!

I’ve noticed a few housekeeping problems recently, but none as bad as you encountered. We stayed at SSR in the Congress Park area last time and the suite was very definitely “tired”. The carpet was literally threadbare and the kitchen cabinets were very chipped and banged up. I’m assuming that we were just about the last people to stay there before the refurb. All that being said - it wasn’t dirty - just worn out.

I’ve certainly never encountered anything like you did. I’m a little confused. Had you arranged for daily trash pick up and housekeeping?

[QUOTE=llama;1124604]I’ve noticed a few housekeeping problems recently, but none as bad as you encountered. We stayed at SSR in the Congress Park area last time and the suite was very definitely “tired”. The carpet was literally threadbare and the kitchen cabinets were very chipped and banged up. I’m assuming that we were just about the last people to stay there before the refurb. All that being said - it wasn’t dirty - just worn out.
[/QUOTE]

SSR didn’t open that long ago.
I’m surprised your room had taken such a beating so quickly.

[QUOTE=llama;1124604]I’ve noticed a few housekeeping problems recently, but none as bad as you encountered. We stayed at SSR in the Congress Park area last time and the suite was very definitely “tired”. The carpet was literally threadbare and the kitchen cabinets were very chipped and banged up. I’m assuming that we were just about the last people to stay there before the refurb. All that being said - it wasn’t dirty - just worn out.

I’ve certainly never encountered anything like you did. I’m a little confused. Had you arranged for daily trash pick up and housekeeping?[/QUOTE]

We stayed in a newly refurbished room on our last trip, and it was beautiful. Looked brand new.

I’m confused about the Mousekeeping issues, too - you only get new towels on your 4th day (trash pick-up that day, too? Can’t remember) and full service on your 7th.

We just stayed a week at WL (not the villas) and we had no problems. They made towel animals every day and even did a Mickey with the leis that we had gotten at Ohana. We didn’t have a do not disturb sign, but didn’t notice till the last day. Also stated 4 nights at AoA and housekeeping was great. They didn’t replace the shampoo tho.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1124616]SSR didn’t open that long ago.
I’m surprised your room had taken such a beating so quickly.[/QUOTE]

We stayed at SSR in 2009 and our room was in rough shape. Not dirty, but also tired like llama described her room. We had several broken door handles on the dresser unit, a broken curtain finnial, broken lamp shade, lots of chipped paint, missing nobs on cabinet doors and worn carpet. It was pretty bad. It was not enough to damper our trip or require a new room but we did alert the front desk to the issues when we left so hopefully they would get fixed. I don’t know if folks are just rougher on the DVC rooms than the regular rooms or what.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1124618]We stayed in a newly refurbished room on our last trip, and it was beautiful. Looked brand new.

I’m confused about the Mousekeeping issues, too - you only get new towels on your 4th day (trash pick-up that day, too? Can’t remember) and full service on your 7th.[/QUOTE]

are room was dirty when we checked in,trash cans full,dirty glasses,dead animals head stuck in door,generally not clean,that was the original issue,without mentioning others,problem was it was slowly rectified and then they missed our fourth day and made our 8th day …what concerns me is SSr was booked 100% but thye percentage of DVC people eludes me WHY? because a large convention was in town and someone said about 40% of the rooms were taken by conventioneers,I don’t know for sure but I thought that was not allowed under DVC properties ,also this is the first trip ever I heard DVC memebers compalin of lack of availability anywhere,maybe just maybe somebody in amrketing decided they have a capative audience why not book them into DVC prooerties and maybe we can get some buyers out it…but if Disney was booked 100% percent the crowds did not match the occupancy in the parks

…I would not have stayed in that room as you found it…no hotel or trip is worth that…dead animal heads??? :eek::eek::eek: I have never experienced that.

So wait, this sounds horrible. How did you accept a room like that? and what do you mean by “dead animals head stuck in door…”?
You don’t have to stay in a room like that

[QUOTE=Dopey;1124659]So wait, this sounds horrible. How did you accept a room like that? and what do you mean by “dead animals head stuck in door…”?
You don’t have to stay in a room like that[/QUOTE]

true imbetween the sliding glass door was the crushed body and resulting head of either a lizard or something …didn’t bother me but mouse keeping obviously didn’t do its job and get the room ready for new occupancy,thus the trash cans ,glasses and others …poorly prepared and not complete room

I’ve had mouse keeping not empty a trash can before but never anything like that…when I first enter a hotel room I look around and check everything out…if I see anything wrong, I phone the front desk immediately…let them take care of it right away…hopefully with another room…ugggg

I am glad the trip was great apart from the room DMJ, the condition of the room sounds really unacceptable, standards had definitely slipped- really poor Disney Mousekeeping.

we called maintenance to fix sliding glass door which was almost impossible to lock it took two of us to get it to latch,they sent maintenance which didn’t do a thing,we then later that day called again when we came back and noticed the problem was till there ,they said they would send someone down ,no one came and then we called front desk and they said they would have the maintenance supervisor call us in the morning …no call…then we called again and the supervisor and maintenancde finally showed up and witnessed the issue first hand,forgot also to tell you the shower head was taken apart we had to put that back together,it might sound like we had aterrible time,quite the contrary we had a great time excusing the mousekeeping and maintenance issues,we did not let that bother our trip whatsoever…disney put on a great show as always and we enjoyed every minute,so much so we are on the fence to squeeze a trip in dec for a week …just still love disney

Glad you had a great trip anyway. Im glad that you didn’t let those issues get to you and ruin your trip. It is a great place to love, huh?