Trip report

great weather ,great time,…food review Napoli,was very good boistrous but good atmosphere,pizza was very good as was the salad ,and chicken parmesian,and the seafood pasta …also the gelatto dessert…cape may buffet,was outstanding ,truly a great experience …crowd levels are high,but ok…tomorrow ,typhoon lagoon and then MNSHP,I know but my wife wants to do it so I was overruled…will update…no ,none negatives…just wonderful so far…oh before I forget the food and wine experienceat Epcot is electric,goodfood and great time…on Sunday heard that 50,000 peopleshowed up …almost forgot the berry cheesecake at cape may was excellent…

Great start and thanks for sharing. Did you take any pics from the festival?

Crowds Saturday were the largest I’ve seen at F&W. (Lots of people at MK Sat night also. The kind that follow people with flags! :laugh:) Went back to EPCOT Sunday afternoon and the place was empty in comparison.

Must have been the great weather.

This belongs in the Trip Report forum. I am going to move it there…

well here it goes after 7 wonderful nights at SSR,we are now at POR for the next 3 …asked for oak manor got partierre place…got room changed to magnolia terrace …one bed had no bedspread got that fixed,then went to hook up internet ,only problem was the jack was ripped out of wall got that fixed,having not stayed at POR,in about 4 years i was taken back at the wear and tear,the refrigeator cabinet was dinged beyond compare,the dresser showed extreme visible signs of wear and tear ,as did the table…it is still my old POR,but that was the problem,it is getting old ,and when I asked ,they said that they are in a wait and see mode,just maintain,but what is truly needed is a redo…if you want to maintain a moderate status…other than that great trip,great weather,great fun,and have some great people…i will answer any questions if anyone has any…oh by the way ,we did MNSSH,while it was ok,i still feel it is not worth it…will give more details if asked

How sad to hear about the condition of the room at POR. Some dings and scratches are one thing, but having the computer jack ripped out of the wall. :ohmy:

How did you find SSR? How is the new pool coming along? Is the construction awful (not quality, but noise and such)?

they haven’t started,but i was told construction begins next month…por is ok …just that they need to be refurbished,just old…almost 20 years this year

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1054310]How sad to hear about the condition of the room at POR. Some dings and scratches are one thing, but having the computer jack ripped out of the wall. :ohmy:
[/QUOTE]

Hearing something like that makes me so unhappy. Not just at Disney, but people who treat things badly.
Same here. I have had 3 pillows taken last week and one comforter had all sorts of doodling on it.
It is like they lay on the bed while drawing with marker and scribble away.

:mad:

That’s true but it had a major refurb when we stayed there for the first time in 2004.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1054361]Hearing something like that makes me so unhappy. Not just at Disney, but people who treat things badly.
Same here. I have had 3 pillows taken last week and one comforter had all sorts of doodling on it.

:mad:[/QUOTE]

I have to wonder what makes people think that’s okay. I bet they’re on your no return list.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1054361]Hearing something like that makes me so unhappy. Not just at Disney, but people who treat things badly.

:mad:[/QUOTE]

I will never understand why people think that it’s OK to take items that don’t belong to them. They KNOW that they are stealing :nonono2: I’m so sorry that this happened.

I haven’t been to POR in about 10 years. It is a beautiful resort deserving of an update (soon hopefully).

I am curious why you think that MNSSHP is not worth it. Disappointing about the room, for such a nice resort… Hope you had a good time anyway.

we always have a great time,we have been staying at POR since 1992,we love the resort the pools and the food court,but as a moderate in todays world,it is still fixed on its original features…the double beds need to be queens,the tv’s need to be flat screens the refrigeator needs a better case or enclosure,the dressers are long in the tooth as are the tables…just a more modern approach in todays competitive market…alsounless i am mistaken the jacuzzi is far from adequate…but like i said we love it…anyway…and have had a great time…

Yes it is terrible what POR has become. We just got back from a huge family trip there for my son’s 3rd birthday, and we were very disappointed. My wife and I stayed there a few times before and decided to stay at Magnolia Terrace if we were to return. We were there for 10 days with 10 family members just 2 weeks ago. When we arrived the furniture was dinged and huge chips were taken off the corners. Beds were fine and very comfortable it seemed for us (we were exhausted every night from the parks… lol). Our fridge was frozen solid with a huge yellow stain on the ice inside with hair all over the inside as well as hair in both sinks and tub. I too called and asked for another room and was changed but in the same building. The new room was more of the same, furniture dinged, sinks and tub needed some cleaning, 1 inch of dust (caked) on the ceiling fan as well as ceiling border coming off the wall with mold/mildew stains on the ceiling. There was also some kind of juice or soda that a prior occupant spilled in the airconditioner. We actually needed the heat one night and boy oh boy that smell wasn’t the best… :blow:

All in all we had an awesome time, and the kids were great with all the characters. Grounds are still beautiful and all other aspects of the resort was perfect for us. You all are correct the rooms need a major renovation before we would stay there again. It’s too bad they wait too long to fix things, and we understand lot’s of people stay there, but with all the money people dish out you shouldn’t have to clean your room before your unpack like we did. :crying:

to me it is just simplewear and tear…i am going to ask about future plans today if i get time

you have to understand that in most cases i am against hard ticket events,that being said,12 minute fire works ,yes they were good but some more thought and time into them,yes the parade was good,not spectacular,but my biggest complaint is how many nights these events take on the calendar,that coupled with shortened days at other parks ,diminishes the window to truly enjoy full days of disney…the biggest though is the price for 5 hours…they gave me a bag to collect candy ,not themed but and advertisement,well we went and enjoyed but even my wife who wanted to go said it wasn’t worth the money…well off to epcot

I would agree with it taking away from the regular disney day. I think that it is already so expensive per day, and then-if you are a first timer, you get your day cut out from under you because you didn’t know about this party. I can see why you would hate that part. (not that you are a first timer :slight_smile: )That being said, I take small kids with me, and to them it is the greatest night there… However, i have thought about the number of nights as well, but I think that it was a marketing move to get people into the parks at a normally non-busy time of year. Brilliant on their part, but hard if you are vacationing to plan your day around it.

hope you had fun at food and wine…and the rest of Epcot.

I call it my “pig list” :pirate:

Perfect name for it.:blow: