Trip report

Got back a couple of days ago…had a great time crowds very manageable,restaurants were very good,etc…stayed at Saratoga Springs and the bus transportation was outstanding best in the recent history,we ate at turf club,just OK…raglan road,the food was excellent as was the entertainment,it is now on our must do every trip ,Via Napoli never disappoints,Prime Time is always fun,Fulton’s was OK,I believe it might have come down a notch,we had dinner at BE OUR GUEST,well,to us it did not meet all the hype ,yes the décor was outstanding and the food was very good,and the service was very good,I expected something more from the room yes the snowfall effect was nice and the announcing the BEAST is now greeting guests was cute,but I expected some interactive aspects to the room,the music was all but inaudible and maybe I was expecting something like the artist palette on the ship…but we enjoyed it all the same,Cape May was very good as usual and the crab was better than ever,finally and I know I am forgetting someone but CITRICOS was down right fantastic once again …as far as housekeeping it was back up to Disney standards after a couple of poor attempts last 2 trips,I understand that they tried an experiment with housekeeping that was a failure,also less rentals and more DVC this trip,someone told me that the Art an Animation may have taken some thunder out of rentals at Saratoga,but I am not sure but Art and Animation is considerably cheaper especially for the one bedroom…all and all a great 2 weeks,weather was great,service was great and cannot wait to go back…a trip to Aulani might be in our future before WDW but with me you never know,we did 3 trips last year and I don’t know if I can go a year between trips any longer,we are buying more points so we can stay at least 4 weeks a year on property…feel free to ask any questions this is a brief trip report and ONCE AGAIN IT WAS OUTSTANDING IN THE TRADITIONAL DISNEY WAY…

What is outstanding is that that was one sentence!:laugh:

Snowfall from the ceiling? Hmmm - after having the Winter from H E Double Hockey Sticks this year, I really don’t think I need to see more snow.

How were the crowds?

Any pictures you’d like to share, maybe of BoG? What was on “your” menu at RR? Going there next month and I need to eat something besides Bread Pudding :laugh:

Welcome back. I am happy you had a magical time and some great meals. :heart:

I had the special for the night some pork dish very tasty,

welcome back…that doesn’t sound good …wish I had never left …LOL

[QUOTE=llama;1133008]What is outstanding is that that was one sentence!:laugh:

Snowfall from the ceiling? Hmmm - after having the Winter from H E Double Hockey Sticks this year, I really don’t think I need to see more snow.

How were the crowds?[/QUOTE]

crowds were to us light…that snow effect is one wall of the restaurant it mimics the seen in the movie ,so they say…it was very nice but like I said it doesn’t warrant the hype ,but that being said we probably will go back again…missed chefs this time…and OHANA was very tough to getand obviously we didn’t…only time available was 9:45 etc …to late

I forgot to say we have a new tradition speaking of eating late ,we do casey's right after the fireworks...have the last several trips and have fun with it........

We do Casey’s late too. We like to sit on the curb and eat while we wait for the Electric light parade.

Always want to try Citrico’s but never do. Always somewhere else to go. Curious how it compares to others of it’s “class.” What did you have and why was it fantastic.
Haven’t eaten there since it was Flagler’s. LOVED Flagler’s. Actually did have appetizers a year or so ago at the bar… not that great as I recall. Wife hasn’t wanted to go back. I would. Just need something to sway her.
Thx.
Frank

Glad you had a nice trip. Can’t wait for ours. Let’s see some pictures.

[QUOTE=fjs08;1133284]Always want to try Citrico’s but never do. Always somewhere else to go. Curious how it compares to others of it’s “class.” What did you have and why was it fantastic.
Haven’t eaten there since it was Flagler’s. LOVED Flagler’s. Actually did have appetizers a year or so ago at the bar… not that great as I recall. Wife hasn’t wanted to go back. I would. Just need something to sway her.
Thx.
Frank[/QUOTE]

Well,the appetizers where very good,the shrimp,etc,I had the filet which melted in my mouth,and like most good restraunts it just as a little extra flair,but mostly very good food and service…besides the shrimp appetizer the panadas where very good as was the arrancini…the asparagus was very tasty…hard to explain its prearation but was very different and exquisite,besides the filet which my son and I had my wife had the pork two ways…the desert we had was a lonely one ,tofull to order any more was the warm chocolate banana torte

[QUOTE=fjs08;1133284]Always want to try Citrico’s but never do. Always somewhere else to go. Curious how it compares to others of it’s “class.” What did you have and why was it fantastic.
Thx.
Frank[/QUOTE]

Frank,
We went on our slat trip and thought it was great. The service was remarkable as was the food. DW made sure it was on our list for this trip.