Trip Stress

I am having WDW vacation stress.

I’m so afraid the parks are going to be ridiculously crowded.

I am NOT a “deal with crowds” kind of person.

I was a “hold multiple FPs” kind of person, was a “so glad FP return times aren’t enforced” kind of person, so this new system isn’t thrilling me.

The only thing I’m NOT worried about is whether or not the room will have a fridge. That’s an unknown that I can deal with either way.

I do not like a trip with stress,
I do not like that kind of mess,
A worrier I always am,
I do not like stress, Sam-I-am…

I worry too- until I get there and see it with my own eyes. Then I tell myself it is not that bad, and I know how to navigate through WDW better than most people… so then I relax. Remember you are going to the happiest place on earth. It will be fine, and not as crazy as you think.

If you are like me, I bet you will be happy just getting there, seeing the monorail, and walking down main street. Everything else is just a bonus. (oh, and the fast pass thing is not as bid of a deal as I thought it was going to be).

Hmmm. I’m not an expert WDW navigator. (Turn me loose in Disneyland, that’s another story.) I know what you’re saying about getting there, though.

I think I need a new Unofficial Guide.

[QUOTE=Andrea;1137298]Hmmm. I’m not an expert WDW navigator. (Turn me loose in Disneyland, that’s another story.) I know what you’re saying about getting there, though.

I think I need a new Unofficial Guide.[/QUOTE]

…I think you just need to sit down and read that guide to just reassure yourself.( you knowmthatmif you are an E-reader you can borrow a copy from the library) …as long as you have plenty of days there, you can do it all regardless of crowds…

You will have an awesome time…

I’m sorry you’re feeling stressed about the trip.

I’m not sure about when you’re going to be there, but usually the crowds thin out after your Thanksgiving and don’t fill up again until the week before Christmas. We were there a couple of years ago at the end of November/beginning of December - and it wasn’t crowded at all. It’s a great time to be in the parks, with all the gorgeous decorations and special events.

I think you should familiarize yourself with the lay of the lands. I thought I “remembered” DL when we were there last year. I was wrong - and it caused a lot of stress just trying to maneuver around. Remember - it’s just the 2 of you - so you’re going to be able to more easily change your plans.

Once you experience the Osborne Lights, you’ll be glad you went in December.

I’m stressed about my trip too. What really worries me is that dh is not going to be impressed if this whole fp system is a fiasco. He’s on the verge of saying “no more Disney” now. This may just tip him over.:crying:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1137298]Hmmm. I’m not an expert WDW navigator. (Turn me loose in Disneyland, that’s another story.) I know what you’re saying about getting there, though.

I think I need a new Unofficial Guide.[/QUOTE]

You have an unofficial guide named Dana.:laugh:

I got you covered on all of the above, so stop stressing. Do sign up for My Disney Experience, so I can maximize your trip for you.:heart:

[QUOTE=Dana;1137301]You have an unofficial guide named Dana.:laugh:

[/QUOTE]

:laugh: Yay!

I did start MDE- what more do I have to do?

Trip in 21 days and I am stressing. Especially after I tried to link my reservations together only to find out that when I booked Hoop-De-Doo back in April, that the reservationist also put our reservation in April. Odd since we are not going until September! Anyway, it all worked out and my ‘no show’ refund is on its way. Disney is the best! Now if we can just be sure everything else goes smoothly, I’ll feel better. I’ll keep stressing until I am in BLT in 21 days.

April, September, what’s the difference? You’re so picky. :laugh:

Ugh! Not sure why I had such a problem with it… Like you said April, December, what’s the diff.

Don’t shower for a week; eat onion & Bean sandwiches. No worries about crowds.

I stress before every trip over evrrything including crowds.

I was worried about DIsneyland too… and not knowing anything at all… I made it fine throughout each park. You will be fine… just repeat this until you get there though.

Yes, but Disneyland is smaller… and easier… and the layout is engraved on my heart. :heart:

Don’t sweat it. All the basic rules apply – be there before rope drop, use fastpass, and have a plan --and evrything will be great. Take a mid day break and resort hop a little to relax. Of course, I say this even as I obsessively check MDE daily for Fastpass Plus and Magic Bands, even though I know my resort is not participating in he test! :laugh::laugh:

Sorry to hear that your getting stressed. As DH always says, there is no reason to worry about things you can’t control. Go with a good frame of mind and it will all work out (also Dana is going to take care of everything for you).

with dana helping you out, your trip is going to be perfect:)

You will have an awesome trip no matter the crowd size.

[QUOTE=Andrea;1137302]:laugh: Yay!

I did start MDE- what more do I have to do?[/QUOTE]

Will send you specifics soon.