Trying All Star Music any suggestions?

Trying All Star Music any suggestions?

I would DEFINATELY suggest the Family Suite if you can do it. I know it goes against the idea of a value room. But after staying there it would be hard to go back to a regular room.
I would also suggest walking around the resort to see all the different areas.

I would suggest not to go during any school trips/breaks. The All Stars get all the football teams and cheerleadering squads.

Also, keep an eye on the buses. Be prepared to try to get there a little earlier to get a seat on the buses without having to stand. When I stayed there, it was horrible. But I know other people have not had troubles with the buses. Maybe it was just the time of year. But the buses were TRAGICALLY horrible. Seriously, it accounted for a lot of missed time at the parks that vacation. Pops bus system is so wondeful. And also, ASMo’s is the last of the 3 All star resorts for the buses to come. So a lot of times you have to stand on the bus or wait for one thats not so full to come along.

Also, I feel like it was a little further than a brisk walk to the main building then POP is. We stayed in Toy Story’s section. Which was completely awesome!

Sorry, to be a Debbie Downer, I’m just saying. lol.

But aside from the buses, ASMo’s is a good resort. Theres a lot of pluses. I wouldn’t chose it over POP ever. But out of all the All Stars I’d say it’s the only one I’d stay at. It is very cutely themed and it has a playground for the children, which is awesomeee.

Also, the souvenir shop and food courts were wonderful. And open pretty late!

[QUOTE=yohoho;950261]I would DEFINATELY suggest the Family Suite if you can do it. I know it goes against the idea of a value room. But after staying there it would be hard to go back to a regular room.
I would also suggest walking around the resort to see all the different areas.[/QUOTE]

Didnt think of this thanks

[QUOTE=StaceyDarling!;950264]I would suggest not to go during any school trips/breaks. The All Stars get all the football teams and cheerleadering squads.

Also, keep an eye on the buses. Be prepared to try to get there a little earlier to get a seat on the buses without having to stand. When I stayed there, it was horrible. But I know other people have not had troubles with the buses. Maybe it was just the time of year. But the buses were TRAGICALLY horrible. Seriously, it accounted for a lot of missed time at the parks that vacation. Pops bus system is so wondeful. And also, ASMo’s is the last of the 3 All star resorts for the buses to come. So a lot of times you have to stand on the bus or wait for one thats not so full to come along.

Also, I feel like it was a little further than a brisk walk to the main building then POP is. We stayed in Toy Story’s section. Which was completely awesome!

Sorry, to be a Debbie Downer, I’m just saying. lol.

But aside from the buses, ASMo’s is a good resort. Theres a lot of pluses. I wouldn’t chose it over POP ever. But out of all the All Stars I’d say it’s the only one I’d stay at. It is very cutely themed and it has a playground for the children, which is awesomeee.

Also, the souvenir shop and food courts were wonderful. And open pretty late![/QUOTE]

Hopefully we are going when the crowds are a little lighter later august. We also love pop but want to try different resorts. If we got the that place is horrable we would pic a different one. It sounds like it will work and be a little change.

To add to Stacy’s suggestion about the buses, the reason why it’s sooo difficult is because they do NOT have a bus going to each individual All-Star. One bus that goes to all 3. At least that’s how it was for me and my family last summer when I brought them here to stay. That’s why it’s CONSTANTLY full and packed. But she’s right aside from the buses it’s great.

Please let us know if you stay at the Family suites as thats a place were thinking of on our next trip.

We stayed in one of the family suites and it was perfect for us. We really enjoyed it and everyone had a separate place to sleep, no sharing for DD and I.

If you are interested I have a TR around here somewhere with some pics. I’ll go find it if you want. I also think there are some pics on Allears.

Haha, I jsut realized I read your post wrong! I thought it said All Star Movies. lol. But it’s music. So disregard my statements if some of they aren’t true to ASMu’s. But I imagine most of the All Star resorts are pretty similar.

SORRY! My misunderstanding!

[QUOTE=timkelmom;950522]We stayed in one of the family suites and it was perfect for us. We really enjoyed it and everyone had a separate place to sleep, no sharing for DD and I.

If you are interested I have a TR around here somewhere with some pics. I’ll go find it if you want. I also think there are some pics on Allears.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I will check out Allears. Were still not sure after hearing about the busses being full and the chances of standing is very good

I’ve only tried Sports and Movies in the values and loved them both. We are going to try POP this Sept.

If you are driving there make sure you take your car if you plan on staying out late… beats sitting on a hot bus…

OK, all systems are go ASMusic here we come!

Im a big advocate of not staying at the values. That said, Im going to POP myself in august fior a budget friendly trip with my two sons and free dining. They could care less about a deluxe (save the pool).

I will have a car this time, to battle the busses. We waited for 8 busses at Epcot’s closing, and Disney had to order a shuttle for us waiting at pleasure island, because each bus was packed from the market place stop.

SO the sugestion us to have a car, or have some really savvy bus strategies to help with travel.

We also really like the suites when we stayed there!!

[QUOTE=StaceyDarling!;950264]Also, keep an eye on the buses. Be prepared to try to get there a little earlier to get a seat on the buses without having to stand. When I stayed there, it was horrible. But I know other people have not had troubles with the buses. Maybe it was just the time of year. But the buses were TRAGICALLY horrible. Seriously, it accounted for a lot of missed time at the parks that vacation. And also, ASMo’s is the last of the 3 All star resorts for the buses to come. So a lot of times you have to stand on the bus or wait for one thats not so full to come along.
[/QUOTE]

We were just there in March & they must have changed this because each of the all star resorts had their own busses. All week we never shared with any of the others.

Yep, I heard about this too when I was there in March. Good news!!

ASM is one of my favorite. The rooms have all been refurbed and are new right down to the furniture. The food court isn’t as good as POP, but we use it mostly for drinks anyway, since we mostly eat at the parks.

You won’t be disappointed, it’s a good one!

We stayed at ASMusic in April 2005, and thought it was okay. The closest to a “normal” hotel room. We had originally asked to stay in the Jazz bldg, but moved for some reason - I can’t remember why. We ended up in Calypso, right next to the main bldg and main pool. Very nice! Food court was decent, too.

I was thinking of the suites and then realised that the 4 of us can make it in a regular room. If we go for a sweet the extra money it would cost maybe upgrade to a moderate or deluxe. I figured we will keep it simple since I just got notice I am getting a 14 day fulough. (ouch!):pirate: That made up my mind.

Casey corner- I can understand all to well about the furlough thing. We just started our fourth set of furlough time at work this year for us. If it is just the four of you a Reg. room will do. I stayed there last spring break it was during some band competition so it was busy but we never really had to bad of a wait time for a bus. I know our girls loved all the things at night they have by the pool for guest also.