TTC and buses

Does anyone remember when you used to be able to catch a bus at TTC and go anywhere - parks or resorts?? I heard they were bringing that back. Is that true? :huh:

Not true. :blush:

I dont think I remember such a thing. Maybe I will go google it and see

I do remember it…but I haven’t heard that the busses were coming back.

We remember that in the mid 80’s to very early 90’s when you could do this. The TTC was the ‘hub’ for all transportation. Had not heard anything about it returning to its old stature.

I wish. But that’s an extra bus stop, and the buses get backed up enough as it is. I know you can travel to any of the parks on the buses or monorails from TTC. And then to the monorail resorts or water launch resorts. If you think about it, you really could get from TTC to anywhere using just Disney transportation. You just might have to take an extended route.

One tiny little correction … the only direct boat service from TTC is the ferry directly to MK. There is no direct boat service between TTC and, for example, Wilderness Lodge or Fort Wilderness Campground.

Well that isn’t exactly true… you can take a bus from any park to TTC and get to any resort. MissSMIG just did that

You are saying that you can get from any park to the TTC … that part is true (bus from DHS, bus from AK, monorail from Epcot, monorail or ferry from MK).

You next say that you can get from TTC to any resort. You can do so, but only if you get from TTC BACK TO a park and then a bus from that park to a resort. That would be an exercise in redundancy.

The fact is, there is no such thing as a bus or boat from TTC to any Disney owned-and-operated resort.

It is simply impossible to catch a bus at TTC and take it to, for example, Pop Century or Animal Kingdom Lodge.

This is not my opinion or my guess … it is fact.

You can start at TTC and get anywhere, though. You just have to connect. And it could take maybe even an hour. But you could get there.

I thought they took resort buses away from the TTC a long time ago. I wonder why they add them back with the price of gas and so many other cut backs.

Transportation Center is the Key to getting anywhere you want to go…It was there 5 years ago, dunno about now.

Maybe that’s what it is … maybe a lot of people on this thread are going on out-dated information. The TTC has very VERY limited usefulness for guests staying at WDW resorts. I’ll ignore for a moment those who drive to the MK parking area (which is at TTC).

Here’s how it’s been for at least the past 3.5 years (when I first was at WDW since the early 1990s) …

Use as a monorail-to-monorail transfer point - to get from the Seven Seas Lagoon beam to the Epcot beam (and vice versa), you have to get out of your monorail car at TTC and then go to a different platform and board another monorail car.

Use to get from MK to either Animal Kingdom or Disney’s Hollywood Studios (and vice versa) - From MK, you take a monorail or ferry to TTC, and then catch a bus at TTC to either AK or DHS (they are separate buses).

Passively used as a stop along the Seven Seas Lagoon monorail beam - If you get on the monorail at Contemporary and your destination is MK, your first stop will be TTC, but you will remain inside your monorail car until you arrive at the MK stop.

Really, people … that’s all there is !!!

Unless you are doing one of the above-stated manuevers, going to the TTC is an out-of-the-way waste of time.

These are dead-solid facts I’m explaining here. I’m not sure how there can be a debate about it … as I spelled out in an earlier post, there is no such thing as a bus from a Disney owned-and-operated resort to the TTC, and vice versa. [Full disclosure - for a few months in 2006, construction at the MK bus area temporarily reduced the available space, and buses from Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness Campground temporarily dropped-off and picked-up at TTC.]

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;887443]Maybe that’s what it is … maybe a lot of people on this thread are going on out-dated information. The TTC has very VERY limited usefulness for guests staying at WDW resorts. I’ll ignore for a moment those who drive to the MK parking area (which is at TTC).

Here’s how it’s been for at least the past 3.5 years (when I first was at WDW since the early 1990s) …

Use as a monorail-to-monorail transfer point - to get from the Seven Seas Lagoon beam to the Epcot beam (and vice versa), you have to get out of your monorail car at TTC and then go to a different platform and board another monorail car.

Use to get from MK to either Animal Kingdom or Disney’s Hollywood Studios (and vice versa) - From MK, you take a monorail or ferry to TTC, and then catch a bus at TTC to either AK or DHS (they are separate buses).

Passively used as a stop along the Seven Seas Lagoon monorail beam - If you get on the monorail at Contemporary and your destination is MK, your first stop will be TTC, but you will remain inside your monorail car until you arrive at the MK stop.

Really, people … that’s all there is !!!

Unless you are doing one of the above-stated manuevers, going to the TTC is an out-of-the-way waste of time.

These are dead-solid facts I’m explaining here. I’m not sure how there can be a debate about it … as I spelled out in an earlier post, there is no such thing as a bus from a Disney owned-and-operated resort to the TTC, and vice versa. [Full disclosure - for a few months in 2006, construction at the MK bus area temporarily reduced the available space, and buses from Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness Campground temporarily dropped-off and picked-up at TTC.][/QUOTE]

Dude I know you are trying to get your point accross, but you could tone it down a bit. Most of us just find out how to get around when we get there. We understand things change, let it go. :closedeye

[QUOTE=FireAngel;887445]Dude I know you are trying to get your point accross, but you could tone it down a bit. Most of us just find out how to get around when we get there. We understand things change, let it go. :closedeye[/QUOTE]I didn’t realize I had a “tone” in my posts, and if I do I apologize.

I’ve always found that it’s nice to have correct information before I travel. If I’m not looking for correct information about transportation within WDW, then why on Earth would I be reading a thread about transportation within WDW?

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;887453]I didn’t realize I had a “tone” in my posts, and if I do I apologize.

I’ve always found that it’s nice to have correct information before I travel. If I’m not looking for correct information about transportation within WDW, then why on Earth would I be reading a thread about transportation within WDW?[/QUOTE]

Understandable.

Hey everyone - thanks for all the responses. I didn’t mean to start a ruckus! :ohmy: I guess I was mainly interested in being able to go to the resorts from the TTC. I always try to visit a different resort on each stay to “check things out” (i.e. eat/shop). It was very easy in the past when you could hop a bus at the TTC to go to the resort, but now it requires a little more planning.:mellow: Thanks again!! This was my first thread so I’m excited to get such a great response!:laugh:

It has been my experience that the best way to get a bus headed to any resort is from Downtown. After dinner at Cali Grill we tried the ttc only to find no bus headed to our resort since most parks had closed. We then walked to the Poly and caught a bus to Downtown then finally a bus to our resort. So in my opinion ttc used to be the hub to get anywhere but now just head to downtown and you can go anywhere from there. It kinda stinks because going Downtown is often a long ride.

Thank you for your help CleveRocks. You really seem to kmnow your stuff. We are all here to learn, have fun and most of all BE GRACIOUS WITH EACH OTHER. How have you become so knowledgeable on the WDW Transportation System? I know it took me a few trips to get the system down. One of our first trips, my Sis & I took the bus to Fort Wilerness instead of the WL, :eek:very late @ night. Nothing like being, what felt like the middle of nowhere, in the dark , not knowing if a bus was ever going to come back there :redface::confused:and get us. We sure have had great laughs about being in the Wilderness, right in the middle of WDW.

I remember back in the day when we used to stay at Fort Wilderness having to take the Crocket or Boone bus to the T&TC to get anywhere. I didn’t even know buses still utilized the T&TC, I thought that nowadays it was just used for monorail & ferry.