Tutto Italia Ristorante

Still on my quest to “do Disney dining” a little differently this upcoming trip, by searching for good food on small plates with a good drink :wink:

Does anyone here know if Tutto Italia has a bar for a cocktail and appetizers?

I am not sure, Iris. I am trying it in January because it’s Italian (we both love Italian) AND they supposedly have the best wine EVER.:laugh:

oh good. Wine, heehee

Been there twice, and love the food. But I don’t remember if they had a bar area. Why don’t you call them.

We ate there during our latest trip and sadly they did not have a bar no. We had a great booth to sit in and the food is beautiful. Looks tiny amounts of food when it arrives on your plate but believe me, it’ll fill you up!! lol
You can order cocktails with your meal though, just no bar area to sit at.

Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar offers small plates of food and lots and lots of wine, could always head here before Tutto Italia?

splendid - sounds great. We don’t really want to do the sit down dinner thing every night. Mike and I sit at the bar, have a couple of small plates and a glass of a good adult beverage :cool:

We visited Tutto Gusto shortly after it opened, and we loved it! My husband and I took an anniversary trip without children, so this was the perfect spot for an adult meal. We actually ate on one of the four couches grouped around a fireplace. TG has a tapas menu, but you can also order from the Tutto Italia menu. the waiter was quite helpful with wine selection, and I would certainly add it to our plans for the next sans-kiddos trip!

Thanks for chiming in here. This sounds wonderful. I’ll add it to the list. Now wait, is this a place that takes ADRs or is it walk-up only? who knows this?

I think it does take ADRs, and I did hear the odd rumour it was on the DDP but I’m not sure how that works with tapas menus!

No ADRs. I was nervous about beig able to get in, but there was no problem when we went at a normal dinner time.

:happy::happy::cool:

Dopey, we never make it past Mexico’s Cave Del Tequila and that amazing white queso. Oh, why did you bring it up? Between you and DisneyTeacher’s sandwich photos, I have to go get lunch now…

Ummmm, sorry :biggrin:

How was your sandwich?
That Cava del Tequila is definitely on the list for this upcoming trip

How about Sanaa at Kidani Village? I THINK there is a small bar - but the restaurant itself serves small, sampler plates and people are encouraged to share. The breads and the salads were wonderful. They also have wine pairings - it’s definitely different.

mehh, I wasn’t a fan of Jiko. I wonder if a trip all the way out there would be what I want. ON the other hand, we really liked that bar that overlooks Boma…

I’m trying to think, but I’m drawing blank.
I know you can see the pastry shop from the entry lobby and I know the dining rooms. I just don’t recall seeing a bar. Then again, I wasn’t looking for one.

We do this on our Monorail Pub Crawl. The only place we I felt we could not get any ‘real food’ was the Outer Rim Lounge in the CR. This was also the only stop that the bartender proudly told us that he did not have a signature drink he makes. The girls always asked, and some were horrible, but he was over the top that he did not have a signature. Even after working in the CR as a bartender for 9 years.:eek:

Otherwise all of our stops were food and drink friendly. None of us were impressed with the apps at The Wave, but it must have been a bad night after seeing all of the great reviews.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1121253]We do this on our Monorail Pub Crawl. The only place we I felt we could not get any ‘real food’ was the Outer Rim Lounge in the CR. This was also the only stop that the bartender proudly told us that he did not have a signature drink he makes. The girls always asked, and some were horrible, but he was over the top that he did not have a signature. Even after working in the CR as a bartender for 9 years.:eek:

Otherwise all of our stops were food and drink friendly. None of us were impressed with the apps at The Wave, but it must have been a bad night after seeing all of the great reviews.[/QUOTE]

Isn’t it amazing how little pride some people take in what they do for a living?

We’ve had drinks several times at the Wave and it’s just ok. Too big a bar to be any kind of fun, I think and too generic looking for my taste.

I think I will finally have to make a list of places to be and post it here :wink:

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1121253]We do this on our Monorail Pub Crawl. The only place we I felt we could not get any ‘real food’ was the Outer Rim Lounge in the CR. This was also the only stop that the bartender proudly told us that he did not have a signature drink he makes. The girls always asked, and some were horrible, but he was over the top that he did not have a signature. Even after working in the CR as a bartender for 9 years.:eek:
[/QUOTE]

Well, Outer Rim is between a rock and a hard place where food source is concerned. What’s close? Chef Mickey’s and Contempo Grill. One is a buffet and the other is qs. They’d either have to offer something from The Wave or California Grill, and I doubt that’ll happen.

The signature drink thing? Instead of holding it against him, look at it as he is confident enough in his skills as a mixologist that he doesn’t need one marquee item when he is equally skilled at everything. Plus, it’s even possible that Food and Beverage doesn’t encourage personal signature drinks at Outer Rim.

For the sake of discussion.