Typhoon lagoon or BB

Which one do you most enjoy? My husband and I want to go to Typhoon Lagoon because of the Shark Reef. Do you have to pay to get in the shark reef and can you go under the water or do you have to stay up above the water(can you touch the fish)? My husband thinks Blizzard Beach would be better cause it looks like it has more slides.

Its pretty much an even toss up but TL holds a slight edge because of the wave pool and the shark reef in my opinion.

Once you are in the park there is no additional fee for the shark reef; just get in line to get your mask and snorkel. I don’t think you are allowed to dive down; since you are snorkeling you have to float on top. I would imagine you can touch a fish if you are lucky enough to catch one, LOL. They pretty much keep their distance.

I have been to TL and thought it was great! Lazy river and the wave pool are so much fun.:happy:

For some reason BB does not seem to appeal me with all the snow and ice, I know it is about the slides and all but living in Michigan where we get a ton of snow and it gets really cold only makes me want to see sand and Palm trees all the more so when I am on vacation :laugh: But the kids want to try BB so I am sure we will go our next trip.:happy:

Hands down TL! I love the wave pool, lazy river and the shark reef. You are not “allowed” to touch any of the animals but they don’t come near you anyway. It is included in the admission and you do not need to buy a separate ticket.

BB is really cool and has great slides but it seems so plastic to me. TL is lush and beautiful.

Don’t get me wrong, if someone made me go to BB I would still have a ball, I would just perfer TL!

Have fun!

Lisa

TYPHOOON LAGOON … Sorry for yelling :whistling

Castaway Creek aka the Lazy river is fun… floating heaven!!!

Typhoon Lagoon…I absolutely love it!

I agree with your husband - I feel like BB has more slides too. I don’t enjoy the big steep slides, so it feels like there is more for me to do at BB. But I love TL too! The shark pool is really a neat experience. Either one you choose, you’ll have a GREAT time! :happy:

Tough one. I love them both and BB has better slides…but TL has the wave pool, shark reef, and Crush N Gusher!

Given the choice between the two, I would always choose Typhoon Lagoon.

BB is great (and does have more slides) but I find the whole TL experience to be much more enjoyable. There’s more shade, the slides feel more like a Disney “theme” experience when they’re winding through landscaping versus some of BB’s feeling very cold and impersonal - like any other water park, y’know? Don’t get me wrong, I DO love BB. But TL feels much more Disney to me and it is almost like a little tropical getaway in the middle of a Disney vacation.

Plus the wave pool is soooooo much better than BB’s. :happy:

I completely agree with you Maria, we get enough snow in Michigan. One of our favorite things is to see the palm trees when taking the tram an Orlando airport to get to the ME bus.

I’d agree with the others too - TL is my favorite due to the Shark Reef and Crush N Gusher. BB is awesome, but the snorkeling is cool. It doesn’t cost extra, but you can only cross the pool…for an extra fee you can do 1/2 hour on the other side using an air tank - I think they let you dive down and go wherever you want then.:biggrin:

I’d agree with the others too - TL is my favorite due to the Shark Reef and Crush N Gusher. BB is awesome, but the snorkeling is cool. It doesn’t cost extra, but you can only cross the pool…for an extra fee you can do 1/2 hour on the other side using an air tank - I think they let you dive down and go wherever you want then.:biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know how much it cost for the 1/2 hour? Also, can anyone use the air tanks if you’re not a licensed scubba diver? I think I read somewhere that you have to be licensed.

Thanks to everyone for all your help. Seems that everyone would rather go to TL than BB, which is where we originally wanted to go but weren’t sure. Thanks again:mickey:

DW thinks it was about $30/person. You don’t need a license, it wasn’t like a scuba setup. It was more like a dust mask, covered your nose and mouth. And the “reef” isn’t very deep, maybe 15 feet or so. If you are interested, you should definitely ask about it at the desk to get more info. If you do it - please report back. DW and I were going to do it on our no-kids trip but ran out of time.

I lean towards BB although TL has the Crush n’ Gusher water coaster (actually three different slide/coasters) and BB has nothing like it.