Under 20 days now....woohoo

We have hit the “Under 20 Day Mark” and counting!!! I think I am more excited than ever because one of my step sons are going with us for the first time, we are driving for the first time (that should be fun?!) and we are staying at the “Poly”.

Anyone else under the 20 day mark???

We are too!! This will be our first trip as DVC members and my DS’s first trip too!! Oh and our 8th anniversary too (is while we are there!)

I am at 23 days, does that count? I am getting excited also because we are staying at VWL for the first time,YAY!!!

Thats awesome! Im so happy for you! I love when we drive to WDW. If feels more like an adventure. Have fun and take a trillion pictures! Im not under the 20 mark but Im under the 150 mark :laugh:

Yay happy dance~ You have fun too and take a trillion pictures… I need pics…:laugh:

We’ll be married 20 years in October. We are celebrating early at WDW:wub:

I just can’t stop thinking of WDW. I was reviewing month end with my boss and all I kept thinking of was past trips and everything Disney. I am going NUTS!!!

How long does it take you to drive down??? We were talking about maybe stopping in GA in stead of driving straight through. I don’t want to be tired and not catch my breath if we are completely exhausted when we get there. I was so happy when DH mentioned stopping in GA yesterday.

Well i drove 3 times before…First ever trip we drove straght thru and it took about 15 16 hours…2 time my friend and I went for a weeked trip. We left Nj 8 pm got to south of the border at 4 am woke up 8 am and got to Disney 4 pm BUT we were stuck in traffic for 2 hours.
3rd time last year I stopped at Disney Hilton head island and used my DVC to sleep over so all in all I would say 15 17 hours. Depends on traffic… I would map quest it.

Were leaving May 5 and also staying at the Poly. Getting worried about the crowd reports, seems like it will be an 8 with 10 being the most crowded. Still will have a great time no matter what the crowds are like. Celebrating 25 th anniversary, 50th B-day and first time away with my wife without kids. Wooooooo Hoooooooo!!!

Myself and a co-worker are panicing about the crowds!!! I hope they are not bad. I know it is really good for Disney, but we really enjoy the moderate level we experience in May.

Wow, you are really celebrating on this trip!!! Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary and enjoy relaxing and having fun with DW without kids:blush:

We should be arriving at the Poly on the 7th, if all goes well on the road:pinch:

waves :goofybounce:

Were under 20!! We’ll be staying at the poly too. (We will be there 2-9)

I drive to South Carolina (where I am from) from the Chicago area (where I currently live) a few times a year. The trip is usually about 15-17 hours depending on traffic. If you do it all in 1 day, plan to be completely wiped out by the time you get there. We usually try and break it up. I try to do most of it the afternoon, evening and night before and just leave about 3 hours or so for the next day. You can leave around 7 and be there by 10 and still be fresh that way. :slight_smile:

Have fun and try not to obsess too much … a very hard thing to do. My DH is thinking of banning me from reading forums because of all the little things that start to freak me out like crowd levels … :blush:

[QUOTE=Cielei;953406]waves :goofybounce:

Were under 20!! We’ll be staying at the poly too. (We will be there 2-9)

I drive to South Carolina (where I am from) from the Chicago area (where I currently live) a few times a year. The trip is usually about 15-17 hours depending on traffic. If you do it all in 1 day, plan to be completely wiped out by the time you get there. We usually try and break it up. I try to do most of it the afternoon, evening and night before and just leave about 3 hours or so for the next day. You can leave around 7 and be there by 10 and still be fresh that way. :slight_smile:

Have fun and try not to obsess too much … a very hard thing to do. My DH is thinking of banning me from reading forums because of all the little things that start to freak me out like crowd levels … :blush:[/QUOTE]

I honestly wanted to stop to take a break. DH didn’t want to stop. Now I am happy to say that he is thinking of stopping in GA. He figures we could drive from 12-12 and stop. Then we could take our time and arrive fresh the next day.

I totally agree with you obsessing too much! Our chiropractor laughs at me because I come with books and high-lighters in hand. I do it every trip. Now he totally thinks I am nuts because of switching resorts “again”.

[QUOTE=hiner;953386]Myself and a co-worker are panicing about the crowds!!! I hope they are not bad. I know it is really good for Disney, but we really enjoy the moderate level we experience in May.
[/QUOTE]

I agree…last May and May '07 it was only a 5 crowd level. Anyway we will be @ Disney! Have a great trip!

[QUOTE=hiner;953386]Myself and a co-worker are panicing about the crowds!!! I hope they are not bad. I know it is really good for Disney, but we really enjoy the moderate level we experience in May.

Wow, you are really celebrating on this trip!!! Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary and enjoy relaxing and having fun with DW without kids:blush:

We should be arriving at the Poly on the 7th, if all goes well on the road:pinch:[/QUOTE]

Thanks very much for the good wishes. Hope we all have a great and magical time, LOL. Safe trip to all

Chris

I am almost under 40 days!!!woohoo!! I am getting more excited everyday!! I can’t imagine being under 20!! I am excited for you!!! Have soo much fun!!

:laugh: have a great trip, we don’t leave until September :frown: but we do drive frequently and always stop in order not to burn out before we get there!!

I think I can this trip. I finally got my own didtal camera at Christmas. I hope to have some to post.

[QUOTE=Cielei;953406]waves :goofybounce:

I drive to South Carolina (where I am from) from the Chicago area (where I currently live) [/QUOTE]

Hey neighbor!!! We’re from Plainfield!

I’m definitely under the 20 day mark. I’ve got 3 days to go before I leave, bringing my Mom with me (the boys need a break from 6 years in a row!)

[QUOTE=bethishooked;953469]Hey neighbor!!! We’re from Plainfield!

I’m definitely under the 20 day mark. I’ve got 3 days to go before I leave, bringing my Mom with me (the boys need a break from 6 years in a row!)[/QUOTE]

hi :slight_smile: We are right on the plainfield border! Down to 13 days … I have in laws in town this weekend, birthday party for next weekend and my DH will be out of town over the next two weeks more than he will be in town. I think I am definitely gonna need my disney fix by the time it gets here! :laugh: