Undercover tourist tickets

We are going to disney Dec 2 thru Dec 11. I was only looking for a 9 day ticket since our last day, ME will pick us up about 11:30. But it seems my choice at undercover tourist is an 8 day or 10 day. The 10 day at undercover tourist IS cheaper than the 9 day if I bought at disney, but I wish undercover had the 9 day also. From a 7 to 8 day is about 10 bucks. From the 8 to 10 day is about 20 bucks. I know small change compared to the whole trip, but it all adds up.

Jo Jo, isn’t this your second or third trip this year? Have you considered getting an annual pass? DVC members get $150 off the regular price, and then when you renew I thinks its about another $80 or $100 off of that.

We finished an AP in May. Our plan was go in Dec and then wait a yr before going again to build up some DVC points. We had my DD’s family in Sept 13 and DS’s family in May 14, so we’ve used a lot of points. In fact we had to get a bunch of points from Richard.

So since we don’t have another trip planned for a yr, these tickets would save us $100 over the AP.

I would consider sending an e-mail to Undercover Tourist and seeing if they can offer a 9 day ticket even though it is not listed on their website. You never know…

Good idea. It’s worth a try.

I have good news and bad news. I emailed them and they answered within 1/2 hour. That’s the good news. The bad news,…no 9 day ticket.

I told my DH we can just use the non-ticket day as a resort day. We are at BLT for 6 days (hoping to move a day or two to BCV), and there is lots of non-park stuff to do between all the resorts. We can check to see which resort have the most comfortable chairs in the lobby. Hey, somebody has to do the research. I know that is a burning question for many of you. :whistling

OK, it was worth a shot. Truthfully, you can easily kill a day outside the parks and have a great time.

You are so right.

Just to reinforce our dull factor, we can easily spent an hour or two just taking the boats back and forth on Bay Lake. And of course at Christmas, there is decorations at the resorts, take some time to listen to the music at the GF , grab a bite to eat at WL and then relax by the fireplace and before you know it half the day is gone. After all this hard work, we must take a nap. Get something for dinner, head over to FW (by boat) and see all the great decorations that the campers put up. Watch the boat parade (can’t thing of the proper name) and theb head up to TOW to watch wishes to finish the day.

A few trips ago, we stayed at AKL and spent several hours sitting by the outdoors fire pit reading books and it was wonderful.

Double post

Those are some great ideas. As we have gone to WDW so often, we really enjoy a little bit of down time there!

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1919093301]You are so right.

Just to reinforce our dull factor, we can easily spent an hour or two just taking the boats back and forth on Bay Lake. And of course at Christmas, there is decorations at the resorts, take some time to listen to the music at the GF , grab a bite to eat at WL and then relax by the fireplace and before you know it half the day is gone. After all this hard work, we must take a nap. Get something for dinner, head over to FW (by boat) and see all the great decorations that the campers put up. Watch the boat parade (can’t thing of the proper name) and theb head up to TOW to watch wishes to finish the day.

A few trips ago, we stayed at AKL and spent several hours sitting by the outdoors fire pit reading books and it was wonderful.[/QUOTE]

We never do “down time”…we get up and get going and don’t come back to the room until late late at night…hence the mod level room…deluxe wouldn’t be worth the money for us…BUT…I am considering taking part of a day “off” from the parks this coming visit…but only part. lol

Lois I think if you were in a deluxe you may adjust your vacation style. There are so many things to do and enjoy at a deluxe that you wouldn’t have to be at the parks 24/7. For me staying at the deluxes turns into a more relaxing type of vacation.

:smile: I’m sure I could get “used” to a deluxe resort lol!! We only go every 2-3 years so we actually enjoy being in the parks alllll day long! That may change once the grands come along…although my daughters first trip when she was three…she stayed on the go all day long and still wanted to play at midnight!! We were exhausted, she wasn’t…still that way at 27!!!

I would have to be there longer than the 6-7 days for me to feel comfortable just relaxing…if we ever go for 10 days, I’m sure I would let myself kick back and enjoy a deluxe resort.

When the kids were a lot younger(now 32 and 35), we stayed at values and did a lot more hours at the parks. I think with DVC, the mind set changes. We joined when DS was about ready to get married and moved out. Now it was our time. We have taken a several trips with kids and grandkids, but we have taken more trips by ourselves.

I agree that being a part of the DVC allows you to re-think your vacations. We used to be much more “commando”. :slight_smile:

We don’t go often enough to justify having a DVC membership–and it wouldn’t get us there more often. We might go more often if we lived closer but it’s actually not a bad thing to go every few years—it makes us really appreciate our visit, and get out there and enjoy the parks.

We have access to a pool, great restaurants and sitting around time here at home so—we do the parks while at WDW…

I think we were in the resort pool once for a short time about 20 years ago but not since then—

Lol–I am recalling a visit about 5 years ago when DD and I came back from the parks early because Epcot closed at 8. We were so lost!! lol It seemed like such a waste of time to be back in the room so early…we were so “antsy” to get up and get going again the next morning!!! LOL

Everyone has their own touring style!!!

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=smallworld;1919093328]

Lol–I am recalling a visit about 5 years ago when DD and I came back from the parks early because Epcot closed at 8. We were so lost!! lol It seemed like such a waste of time to be back in the room so early…we were so “antsy” to get up and get going again the next morning!!! LOL

:)[/QUOTE]

My DH is glad when a park closes early, that’s one less place for me to drag him.:laugh:

Last trip, MK had EMH from 11 to 1 and I wanted to go. I’ve never gone to later EMH. More like when Epcot is open until 11. It was our arrival day, which means we had gotten up about 4 AM, Got to disney about 11,we hit MK for a while, ate dinner at Trails End and then took a nap before heading to MK again. Yes, we are hopeless.

I don’t think I have the “opening to closing” drive anymore. The last time we did that was on my 50th birthday. I wanted to do all four parks and get all four birthday buttons. We started at MK for a bit, headed over to AK, MGM and wrapped it up with Epcot. I remember lots of birthday wishes at MK. At AK, we stopped at a CS. The CM gave me a slice of cake (not the cake in the cups), stuck a match or candle in and said we’ll have to pretend to light it. And then had the staff sing to me. Don’t remember anything special special at MGM. But someone gave up their seats on the boat to Epcot because they read the birthday shirts DH and I were wearing. At Epcot, I was given a FP for listen to the land. And then we had a wonderful meal (our first) at le celliar. Our server was the best. Brought a special dessert and the phone call from Goofy. It was a great day. :happy::happy:

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1919093329]My DH is glad when a park closes early, that’s one less place for me to drag him.:laugh:

Last trip, MK had EMH from 11 to 1 and I wanted to go. I’ve never gone to later EMH. More like when Epcot is open until 11. It was our arrival day, which means we had gotten up about 4 AM, Got to disney about 11,we hit MK for a while, ate dinner at Trails End and then took a nap before heading to MK again. Yes, we are hopeless.

I don’t think I have the “opening to closing” drive anymore. The last time we did that was on my 50th birthday. I wanted to do all four parks and get all four birthday buttons. We started at MK for a bit, headed over to AK, MGM and wrapped it up with Epcot. I remember lots of birthday wishes at MK. At AK, we stopped at a CS. The CM gave me a slice of cake (not the cake in the cups), stuck a match or candle in and said we’ll have to pretend to light it. And then had the staff sing to me. Don’t remember anything special special at MGM. But someone gave up their seats on the boat to Epcot because they read the birthday shirts DH and I were wearing. At Epcot, I was given a FP for listen to the land. And then we had a wonderful meal (our first) at le celliar. Our server was the best. Brought a special dessert and the phone call from Goofy. It was a great day. :happy::happy:[/QUOTE]

…oh we never stay out till one…we are usually back in the room by 11:30… And we never do rope drop either…more like arriving around 9-10—but we are in the parks all that day…and even switch over a couple times… At least your DH goes with you…it’s just myself and my daughter…even HER DH would rather stay home!!! Lol