Undiscovered FutureWorld

Has anyone taken this tour? :blink:

Have been looking for something a little different to do next trip, did plan on doing the Wild Africa Trek but it’s coming in at a whopping $189 pp :ohmy: which is way too much for us!

Undicovered FutureWorld comes in at $55 pp and sounds similar to Keys to the Kingdom which we did a few trips back and loved every minute of! :wub:

Any thoughts?

It’s nearly 10 years since we did this tour.
UnDiscovered Futureworld is not as extensive or time consuming as Keys, but it is a good tour. You will see the backstages of all of the FW pavilions, as well as the secret corporate hospitality suites. You will of course go on rides without any wait as well. And of course, plenty of Disney trivia, though if you’re like us, you’ll know a lot of it already because of our long immersions into Disney culture.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1102161]It’s nearly 10 years since we did this tour.
UnDiscovered Futureworld is not as extensive or time consuming as Keys, but it is a good tour. You will see the backstages of all of the FW pavilions, as well as the secret corporate hospitality suites. You will of course go on rides without any wait as well. And of course, plenty of Disney trivia, though if you’re like us, you’ll know a lot of it already because of our long immersions into Disney culture.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I figured as much that at least two of us in the group will already know the majority of the trivia they tell! I am quite keen on seeing all the backstage areas around FW just for a different point of view of it all.

Out of curiosity, is there another tour you’d recommend over this one?

I have not joined this tour, which is a pity.

Ask Wishuponastar… I know she has been on something there recently, but I am not sure which one…

There’s “Behind The Seeds” which is just the terradome and farming at The Land, Segway Around The World where your group tours World Showcase on Segways after a half hour training session in Innoventions West, and Dolphins In Depth which is a premium priced dolphin encounter in The Seas.

A good pair would be Future World/Segway though I’m not sure if you could do them both on the same day. The Segway tours MUST run before World Showcase opens because touring guests actually drive their Segways in and around several of the pavilions’ pathways and plazas.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1102288]There’s “Behind The Seeds” which is just the terradome and farming at The Land, Segway Around The World where your group tours World Showcase on Segways after a half hour training session in Innoventions West, and Dolphins In Depth which is a premium priced dolphin encounter in The Seas.

A good pair would be Future World/Segway though I’m not sure if you could do them both on the same day. The Segway tours MUST run before World Showcase opens because touring guests actually drive their Segways in and around several of the pavilions’ pathways and plazas.[/QUOTE]

I’d love to do the Segway tour but my mum has flat out refused to get on one as she’s convinced she will end up in a heap! :eek:

The Segway is nearly impossible to dump, just so long as you remember to keep both hands on the handlebars at all times that the Segway is mounted.

I’ve seen it happen. During our training a lady lost control going down a ramp and crashed and my DH saw a man go down on their tour at FW. The guy and SegWay were both fine but he went down and the SegWay turned over sideways.

Ohhhh gosh, it takes a lot for me to neigh-say ANYTHING Disney related but we absolutely hated this tour. :pinch: We literally wanted to ‘jump ship’ after only 35 minutes and request our money back. We absolutely did not learn anything of value, didn’t see anything exciting (besides gaining admission into a storage room above ‘Imagination’ where we got to see all those cool interactive play things that we loved as kids in the 80’s). Perhaps it was our tour guide but at one point he had us sitting in a break room where international cast members were while he flirted with a French girl and basically left us to our own devices. When we were taken to the backstage prep area for Illuminations we were sitting next to a smelly trash processor and were basically only told, “look, these are machines used in Illuminations.” Great. lol.

I did love “Keys to the Kingdom” though. I’ve also done the big full day tour that includes all of the parks (forgot what it’s called now) and loved that one too.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;1102349]Ohhhh gosh, it takes a lot for me to neigh-say ANYTHING Disney related but we absolutely hated this tour. :pinch: We literally wanted to ‘jump ship’ after only 35 minutes and request our money back. We absolutely did not learn anything of value, didn’t see anything exciting (besides gaining admission into a storage room above ‘Imagination’ where we got to see all those cool interactive play things that we loved as kids in the 80’s). Perhaps it was our tour guide but at one point he had us sitting in a break room where international cast members were while he flirted with a French girl and basically left us to our own devices. When we were taken to the backstage prep area for Illuminations we were sitting next to a smelly trash processor and were basically only told, “look, these are machines used in Illuminations.” Great. lol.

I did love “Keys to the Kingdom” though. I’ve also done the big full day tour that includes all of the parks (forgot what it’s called now) and loved that one too.[/QUOTE]

EEk! That doesn’t sound like much fun at all! Maybe I should get my thinking cap back on and look at other, non-tour options/ideas OR just put my own tour day together haha.

I did look at the four-parks tour which sounded amazing (though also sounded like you spent alot of time on the coach?) but it’s just too expensive for us this trip :crying: