Unfinished Pop buildings being destroyed?

It seems they are being destroyed and removed entirely if you look at Google Earth.

Google Maps
Sorry if this is old news, was just looking at the room we were in at pop (using the 3d building) and noticed they were erasing the future addon

Weird! I haven’t heard anything about them lately.

I don’t think Google Maps is ‘real time,’ I believe those photos were taken when the buildings were being built? I don’t even know when Pop put those buildings up but maybe it was THAT long ago. Not positive but it makes sense to me.

When I look up my address on google maps & zoom in there is still an above ground pool in my backyard and that was taken down 5 years ago.

Google map of my house is about 4 years old.

If you look at the bottom of the screen when you go in 3D it says they are from OCT 2006.

Yeah do not think of google earth as what is going on now it takes so long before they update imagines. My house isn’t even then are it is 3 years only the only thing on google maps in dirt.

[QUOTE=ZarSu;897319]It seems they are being destroyed and removed entirely if you look at Google Earth.

Google Maps
Sorry if this is old news, was just looking at the room we were in at pop (using the 3d building) and noticed they were erasing the future addon[/QUOTE]

We were just at POP in August, and we could look out our room and see the rooms across the lake. We were told that these buildings are on the 10 year plan and will be built eventually.

My house isn’t even there…either is my street. :laugh: I’d say it’s old since the neighborhood started about five years ago.

They are not being destroyed any time soon. Disney has haulted completion and surely wouldn’t pay all that money to have them destroyed…that would not only be a serious eye-sore, but a waste of all the money they used to build them.

I’ve seen rumors they have to be demolished before they can be redone because they’re no longer to “code”. Anyone know any truth to that?

Thats what I had heard also. But there was antoher thread that said they were being made into family suites?? hhhmmmm…

My friend who is a cast member heard the same thing. seems like such a waste.

Those are REALLY old pictures. SSR is still inder construction and the north garden wing at the contempary is still there. I’d guess at least 3-5 years old.

My DH and I were looking at those buildings back in September and was thinking it really was a waste. They look worn down, but couldn’t really tell to what extent. I don’t think they are too completed. They have wooden railings instead of what metal ones Classic Years had. They also didn’t have any staircases. My DH really wanted to try to sneak over there, but didn’t think it was worth it with security. We could actually see a path from the end of the bridge over. It would be nice to see something go up over there instead of a desolate area.