Universal Orlando-Harry Potter

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything on when this Harry Potter area at Universal is going to open. We know it is in the Spring but I was hoping for dates.

This is so weird! I was just on Universal’s site a minute ago trying to find that out too! I’m hoping that the opening of Harry Potter will offset some of the traffic during our June trip!

We promised ds we would take him to the Harry Potter thing. Hoping that it is open during the early part of his Spring Break. Also hoping we have the extra money to go. Looks like Universal is raising prices .

Still no date…i’m hoping it’s by early May.

There was another thread on the Harry Potter park opening and it included links that would have the opening dates when they are announced. Haven’t heard anything yet, but eagerly anticipating!!

Rumor has it the opening should be somewhere around the end of March to early April (seemingly to attract the spring break crowds).

But as we all know from seeing other attractions come to completion, opening dates are never given out until everything is totally DONE. So it still way too early to commit to an opening date.

yeah I seen where the prices where going up. told the kids that it would cost us an extra 700for just two days there when we go and that I could add two more days to disney for just dollars. it is all a budget thing though.

New ad
Universal Orlando’s secret Harry Potter Super Bowl ad with Daniel Radcliffe

Good idea Jen! Let’s hope-we go in June too:happy:

So exciting!! Sounds like we’ll just miss the opening on trip this year…:pinch:…but I think in another year we’ll be visiting for sure!! And the kids will probably be at an even better age for it, youngest DD will be 5 and oldest DS will be 9.
Can’t wait to hear some TR info including a trip to Universal!

I cant wait we are going in september.

i called universal to ask when it was going to open and the lady that answered the phone told me by spring break. She also told me because i was asking questions is that if you stay in the holtel on there property that harry potter is not on the list of get ahead of the line.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

When I made my reservations for the Portifino for our stay in May, the customer service member told me that you can use the front of the line pass only ONCE a day for all Harry Potter attractions (if it is open). All other attractions are unlimited (as usual).

That sounds right. When The Mummy first opened and the wait times were enormous, they gave the CM’s scanners that kept track of the FOL cards so you could only go once per day. They only used them when it was busy though. When the crowds were lower, they didn’t bother to scan the card.

[QUOTE=ddoll;1013994]Rumor has it the opening should be somewhere around the end of March to early April (seemingly to attract the spring break crowds).

But as we all know from seeing other attractions come to completion, opening dates are never given out until everything is totally DONE. So it still way too early to commit to an opening date.[/QUOTE]

March and April are pretty much out now. There could be some May soft opens.

This looks and sounds so exciting, I might have to add a couple of days at Universal from now on. It also makes the make-over of Fantasy land sound blahhhhhhh, yawn :pinch:

Got a sneak peek at the commercial Universal is going to run during Super Bowl. With as much interest as that will generate I’m hoping the opening won’t be too far behind.

I saw the ad…I was hoping they would say a date.

I hope this is not true! I was hoping it would be up and running long before my trip in May! I guess now I will just be lucky if it is open at all…