Universal rides and size limitations?

My husband (Nic) and I are both Harry Potter fans so we decided to spend 2 days at Universal in September before going to Disney. Neither of us have been there in over 10 years, so I’ve been researching like crazy. I’ve come across several things saying there are size limits on some of the rides. I know they modified some seats on The Forbidden Journey, but I can’t find anything about how modified they are.

Nic is about 6’ 2" and 280 pounds with very wide shoulders. Does anyone know if he’s going to fit? This goes for any ride Universal offers. We are going to try and see it all and I just can’t find any good info on what rides have smaller seats, but I know some of them do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Well, I’m going to offer a guess here. If I’m wrong, you can get your money back.

I’m 6’2" and 190lb. Height restrictions have never been a problem for me. Can Nic comfortably fit an airplane seat? Can he fit the stupid Stitch ride at TomorrowLand? I’d say if the answer is “yes,” then there shouldn’t be a problem.

My dad is 6"6’ and probably 300lbs. (That’s a guess on the weight) and he has ridden everything at Universal and IOA. He was the least comfortable on the Mummy. Note: we have not been since HP world opened.

The most difficult body type to fit in those seats are those that are proportionately larger through the abdomen. And that’s due to the safety bar that comes down from above meeting with the seatbelt from below. The Fire and Ice Dragons have a row of larger seats on each vehicle. If you have any problems with fit, they will just move you to one of those larger seats.

Also, the best part is, they have sample seats out in front of each of those rides where you can try sitting there to see if it’s tight or not before getting in the queue. And there are always people out there in the seats.

Great! This makes me feel so much better! I am not as worried about the HP part since they put in the larger seats, I just wasn’t sure about everything else.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I’m sure he will have to use the test seats outside to see if he needs a larger seat but it sounds like he will be able to ride everything.

I don’t think he’ll have a problem at all on Forbidden Journey. My dh is 6 feet and 210 and had no problems. ddoll is right - it’s the tummy area that might feel snug. The seats are rather large. I was sliding around in mine.

Thanks! I feel much better about this trip now!

My dad is 280, but only 5’10. He did not fit on Forbidden Journey. Not in the modified seating either. Since your DH is so tall, he is probably thiner than my Dad is in the mid-section. That is the key. We were told that the end seats of every car have been modified. They also have a test chair outside of the ride that your DH can try, and then during the line que, they have another test spot - and they have someone there to help you. I don’t think your DH will have a problem, and my fingers are crossed for you - the ride is amazing! I’m hoping my dad loses more weight so that he can go in October - I think it was really close call.

Picture of my Dad for reference: The Goode Life: Princess PopPop

[QUOTE=Goodegirl2007;1110650]My dad is 280, but only 5’10. He did not fit on Forbidden Journey. Not in the modified seating either. Since your DH is so tall, he is probably thiner than my Dad is in the mid-section. That is the key. We were told that the end seats of every car have been modified. They also have a test chair outside of the ride that your DH can try, and then during the line que, they have another test spot - and they have someone there to help you. I don’t think your DH will have a problem, and my fingers are crossed for you - the ride is amazing! I’m hoping my dad loses more weight so that he can go in October - I think it was really close call.

Picture of my Dad for reference: The Goode Life: Princess PopPop[/QUOTE]

Your dad is wearing PINK Mickey ears! :eek: I like your dad! :laugh:

[QUOTE=Goodegirl2007;1110650]My dad is 280, but only 5’10. He did not fit on Forbidden Journey. Not in the modified seating either. Since your DH is so tall, he is probably thiner than my Dad is in the mid-section. That is the key. We were told that the end seats of every car have been modified. They also have a test chair outside of the ride that your DH can try, and then during the line que, they have another test spot - and they have someone there to help you. I don’t think your DH will have a problem, and my fingers are crossed for you - the ride is amazing! I’m hoping my dad loses more weight so that he can go in October - I think it was really close call.

Picture of my Dad for reference: The Goode Life: Princess PopPop[/QUOTE]

Before I say anything else I must say your dad really rocks those pink Mickey ears!! Great pictures! I have decided there’s just no way to know if Nic will be able to ride until we get there. Your dad does look a bit bigger around the middle than Nic, so maybe if he sucks it in we won’t have a problem! Fingers crossed…

LOL!! He was wearing them at Universal too…he’s a rebel!!

I have my fingers crossed for your DH, and I’m sure it will work out. The ride is amazing!!