Upcoming Pirates Rehab

From www.mouseplanet.com :

“…We are hearing that Pirates of the Caribbean will close for refurbishment in May, and will reopen in mid-September. We have heard from a couple of sources now that there will be three Jack Sparrow animatronics added, as well as a couple of other changes based on the movie that was inspired by the attraction. (Will they then inspire more movies that will inspire more changes that will inspire more movies that will inspire more changes ad infinitum?) The changes will not be on the scale of those expected for Disneyland’s version of the attraction, however.”

This, as disappointing as it would be, would be great for such a classic ride. I know that many are opposed to changing classic rides, but this seems that it would only better the attraction. Your thoughts?

I don’t think POC needs any improvements. I never get tired of it.

PLEASE don’t put Eddie Murphy in the Haunted Mansion. PLEASE don’t put Eddie Murphy in the Haunted Mansion.PLEASE don’t put Eddie Murphy in the Haunted Mansion.PLEASE don’t put Eddie Murphy in the Haunted Mansion.PLEASE don’t put Eddie Murphy in the Haunted Mansion.PLEASE don’t put Eddie Murphy in the Haunted Mansion.PLEASE don’t put Eddie Murphy in the Haunted Mansion.PLEASE don’t put Eddie Murphy in the Haunted Mansion.PLEASE don’t put Eddie Murphy in the Haunted Mansion.PLEASE don’t put Eddie Murphy in the Haunted Mansion.PLEASE don’t put Eddie Murphy in the Haunted Mansion.PLEASE don’t put Eddie Murphy in the Haunted Mansion.PLEASE don’t put Eddie Murphy in the Haunted Mansion.PLEASE don’t put Eddie Murphy in the Haunted Mansion.PLEASE don’t put Eddie Murphy in the Haunted Mansion.PLEASE don’t put Eddie Murphy in the Haunted Mansion.PLEASE don’t put Eddie Murphy in the Haunted Mansion.PLEASE don’t put Eddie Murphy in the Haunted Mansion.PLEASE don’t put Eddie Murphy in the Haunted Mansion.PLEASE don’t put Eddie Murphy in the Haunted Mansion.

OK, I suppose I am one of those opposed. I LOVE POC AS IS!!! I’ve been going on it since I was 5 and have YET to get sick of it. I wish instead of treading on classics they would improve OTHER things that GREATLY need updating or expansion. I suppose I may be a bit bitter too b/c if they are talking about May-Sept of '06 then it will NOT be open when I am there and that just makes me want to cry.

I loved the recent movie and all but i am ALREADY upset enough about the POC updates in DL. Someone have mercy please. hehe

Sigh. POC doesn’t need to be movie-fied. Neither POC.

Right now, POC is classic and for all time. Add Jack Sparrow, and 10 years from now, 5 even… it’s dated.

I’m not anti-change. I just want more expansive thinking that takes the long view instead of being of-the-moment.

I could not agree MORE!

Im actually not sure what to think about it. at first I was a little upset about them changing a classic, it’s been like that since i was little, its one of my favourites. Im naturally upset anyway because the ride will be closed during my next vacation (August 2006 :happy: ), but who knows maybe it’ll be absolutely awesome. I actually had a dream about them putting jack sparrow in, and johnny depp came to disney world and i got to see him. But that’s getting a little off topic :angel:
Im with cavey though, please DO NOT put eddie murphy in the haunted mansion. Lets be reasonable people.

I don’t think it needs any changes.
I’m really bummed that it will be down when we go in May.

How did the possibility of Eddie Murphy come up??? Am I missing something? Is he in the new movie or something??? Hmmmmm…

I vote yes to Captain Jack Sparrow – the movie has made me love the ride even more, and I would love to see where they would decide to put him. I mean, c’mon, it’s just one pirate animatron… the ride will still be just as wonderful as ever!

And why I am even voting on Eddie Murphy, I don’t know… but I vote NO!

I am sad to say that I saw the movie before the ride but I do love both. I would not want them to change the ride as it is, I need to ride it many more times but at the same time I do love Jack Sparrow. If all they do is add him and leave the rest as it is would it really change the ride all that much? I guess I will remain undecided but I will say - PLEASE don’t put Eddie Murphy in the Haunted Mansion.

On a side note - I would like a Meet & Greet and my picture with Jack Sparrow. MNSSHP would be a great time to do that. :mickey:

I love the movie, and I love the ride. It is one of my favorites in MK. I think seeing Jack Sparrow Somewhere in the ride would be really cool. I trust that WDW will do this in an inventive way and not take away from this signature ride. Also, I went to see Chronicles of Narnia this weekend and there was a trailer for the next POC movie which looked fantastic. Release in Spring!!

:noo: :noo: :noo: :noo: :noo: :nonono2:

OH THE HORROR!!! Now that would be truly scary.

This is a all time classic ride that’s perfect as is but a few upgrades would be nice. Just be careful when tampering with something that’s as close to perfection as POC.

in total agreement … I think those who want the charactors from the movie added are people who had never been till they saw the movie… POC is just fine the way it is. …and to add to what Cavey said
Please dont put Steve Guttenburg in the TOT

Great minds think alike Cavey. I just posted something similar to this in the HM refurb thread… :cool:

I just hate the idea of them putting Cap’n Jack Sparrow in PotC. I LOVE the movie…probably my favorite Disney live action movie ever, but that doesn’t mean they need to tamper with a masterpiece like PotC in WDW or DL. It was bad enough when they changed them to be more “PC.” Don’t do this to us again… :sad:

OK, well, if you really don’t want him, and since they already have the animatronic figure made up and ready to go, they better just go ahead and put him in my room!!! It’s OK… I will take one for the team and be the person who has to feast her eyes on Johnny Depp each day!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

How about they put the Cap’n Sparrow animatronic figure in IASW. Then, after hours, he can come to life and destroy the evil little dolls… Just like in the book “The Kingdom Keepers.” Almost…lol

Oh my Tink… You have a sick and twisted mind… I never would have thought about that. It’s bad enough they put Guttenburg in the ToT movie… Geez…don’t give them any ideas… :eek:

:tongue: the movie was based on the ride … not the other way around…
you know in Ellen’s Universe of Energy …the Automatromic Ellen does not look much like her …and I doubt that one of Jack Sparrow would look enough like Johnny Depp to satisfy anyone…

I aggree with WISH, there are rides that need help, rides that are old, and rides that are old but are fine the way they are, ad i think poc is perfect, i just dont like the idea of basing an already popular ride off of a movie. Haunted mansion is perfect the way it is.

A good once over would be good enough. :smile: