Upgraded from CBR to Poly-fill me in please

After about 6 phone calls, much pondering, 3 changes between adding a room while at CBR, upgrading to WL, then changed to BW. We started reading up on BW and viewed photos thinking this would be great until DH decided to click on the photo page of the Poly (the resort I originally wanted to upgrade to). Well that was it, we fell in love with it. It looked like there was so much for the boys to do and parks they could ride off to, that we called again and changed our ressie to the POLY!!! I think, no I am, done now!

We requested Tokelau, Tahiti or Rapa Nui in that order. For those who have stayed, are those good requests. We requested them after doing a lot of reading.

We also read that you can walk to the TTC to pick up the monorail to go to EPCOT in lieu of taking the resort loop to the TTC. This all depending on where you wind up at the resort, right? We will also have our car for the other parks in case we do not want to take a bus.

For those who have stayed, please tell me as much as you can about this resort.

I’m jealous! As much as I adore WL, I’d love to be on the monorail line! Have a great trip!

I tried to talk my DW into staying there when she and my son are there in December. They both insist on staying at CSR.

I love the polly but would probally never spend the extra money for just my DD7 and I. Maybe when she gets older and enjoys the resort but not now. I love going there for drinks and dinner. I’m sure you will love it.

For the cost of two rooms (waterview was all they had together) at CBR, it was only another $160.00 to stay at the Poly. The boys will still have their own beds and we will have a bigger bed. We have a California King at home and the queen bed will be so much better than a double.

DH’s thinking was, “When will we be able to do this again?” and said to book it.

We are so excited!!!

OH I’d be excited too, I am so envious. I think the Poly is just a beautiful resort and I am sure you will just have the best time- a good good choice!

I love the Polynesian, it’s a great resort. :heart: Yes you can walk very easily to the TTC from the Polynesian to catch the monorail to Epcot.
I’ve stayed in the Tahiti, very nice, short walk to the TTC, and a very easy walk to the pools and GCH; probably my favorite if I had to choose just one. I’ve also stayed in Fiji, Rarotonga, and Hawaii. Rarotonga is a very quick walk to the GCH and pool; my daughter was younger when we stayed there so I found this to be a great location when traveling with young children.
If you havn’t already done so, check out this web site, it has a mucho amount of information on the Polynesian.
TikimanPages - The Unofficial Polynesian Resort Pages

We were loyal Poly visitors until buying into DVC and we still visit when we dine at Ohana!! The Poly is beautiful and your kids will love the volcano pool and the beach! You will have monorail and boat access to the MK (there is a small boat that runs between the Poly, GF, and the MK- maybe limited hours?) and of course you walk to the TTC for monorail access to Epcot. The grounds are beautiful.

You will love it, the rooms are very big compared to moderates, the location is wonderful, and the grounds are beautiful! I would jump at the chance to stay there again. :slight_smile:

I have never stayed there, but I would like to hear all about it when you return. I have heard great reviews about it! Also, the tikiman pages referred to above was a great website, but it was taken down recently… Just an FYI. But there are great pictures at allearsnet.com.

I love Polly! It’s just amazing… you guys will love it.

Just an update, the Tikiman site is up and running, I was on it today. Looks like it was recently updated.
TikimanPages - The Unofficial Polynesian Resort Pages

wow… interesting. I read this big thing a couple of weeks ago about he was going to shut down his site. I am glad that I was wrong…

I think you are going to have a fabulous trip! The pool alone is worth the upgrade… especially at night, it is so cool! And to have Ohana in your own resort would be great too. I love the Poly, though we’ve never been lucky enough to stay there. I keep telling myself that it will happen someday!

Were staying there on our vacation too! We stayed there 2 years ago as well. I believe it was Tolelau we stayed in last time and it was pretty much perfect location wise for us. We requested to stay there again. I think you will love it.

[QUOTE=hiner;952599]We also read that you can walk to the TTC to pick up the monorail to go to EPCOT in lieu of taking the resort loop to the TTC. This all depending on where you wind up at the resort, right? We will also have our car for the other parks in case we do not want to take a bus.

For those who have stayed, please tell me as much as you can about this resort.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can definately walk to the TTC and take the Epcot monorail rather than the resort loop to the TTC which will feel like forever and a day from the Poly. The Poly is gorgeous…you are going to love it.

I agree with all the above but wanted to add Captain Cook’s is great if you are on the DDP for Breakfast CS.Portions are big we shared 2 meals between the four of us we are not big eaters that earliy.

We will miss the Poly on are up coming trip!

Capt. Cook’s is part of what sold us on the Poly for the boys. We are use to having a food court to pop in and out of if we were hungry and Cook’s is just enough. We are on the DDP which will work out well.

[QUOTE=PhilliesFan;952626]If you havn’t already done so, check out this web site, it has a mucho amount of information on the Polynesian.
TikimanPages - The Unofficial Polynesian Resort Pages[/QUOTE]

I was already on his site yesterday. I got the site from the Ultimate Guide. He has some great information and tips. DH was looking at it last night.