Upgraded!

We just returned from our girls only vacation, had reservations at POP Century for three nights paying $64 per night with AAA, went to check in and they upgraded us to the Yacht and Beach Club - the Beach Club side - great hotel, great pool, though lots on construction.

Though, I have to wonder, is it really worth $335 per night?

Anyway, we enjoyed our stay there, probably won’t stay there if we had to pay full price (they are really lacking a food court when you have kids, that is important).

I really liked the hot tub - record lows last week – but those are available at the moderate.

But, it was really neat to stay at the resort. . . beautiful and LOVED the walk to Epcot!

That’s great! You got a huge upgrade at $64 a night. We love Yacht and Beach Club, the pool is awesome and we love walking to Epcot.

That is awesome! You must’ve been thrilled! This past August we stayed at BC and I’d go back in a heart beat (at least through BCV). I thought we were lucky to get the WL rate and being upgraded to BC concierge, but you hit the jackpot! Congratulations!

WOW…WHAT AN UPGRADE!!!

What happened…you guys showed up at POP and they said “SURPRISE, YOU ARE UPGRADED TO Y&BC???” Did they take you over there? That must be an AWESOME surprise. You lucky girl!!! :happy:

Staying in the EPCOT resort area really benefits you. You can walk to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. Also there is a lot of stuff in the area to do like shop and dine.

[QUOTE=Jen in Maine;932690]We just returned from our girls only vacation, had reservations at POP Century for three nights paying $64 per night with AAA, went to check in and they upgraded us to the Yacht and Beach Club - the Beach Club side - great hotel, great pool, though lots on construction.
[/QUOTE]

Okay, I’m nosily looking for details!! :happy:
Was there a problem at POP? Was it a Disney Dream award? Are things that slow and they’re just looking to promote the Deluxe resorts?

We were once upgraded in 2002 from POFQ to WL. Things were slow after 9/11 and they decided to close POFQ for a while so we were bumped up. Friends of ours last Spring were bumped from POFQ to CR when they weren’t aware of the POFQ pool being under refurb.

Not really sure why we were upgraded, but yes, showed up at POP and they say, well, we can offer you an upgrade and I thought well, it would be nice to have a pool view, and then they said Coronado Springs or Beach Club. I was very, very excited.

Its cheerleader week so not sure if they overbooked POP, or if they really look at those surveys when they see how often you have been, household income, other resorts you have stayed at, etc. and they think I might buy a time share – we’ll see if I get a bunch of stuff about Disney Time Shares in the next few weeks.

But, let me tell you, those beds were so comfortable and the pool and hot tub were awesome! But, I missed the food court at POP. . .loved the Goofy breakfast.

Did you stay at BCV or BC? Beach Club isn’t part of DVC (the timeshare part of Disney). I don’t hear a lot about DVC hounding people to buy in. We contacted DVC for information and didn’t hear a word from them for several years when we called them.

Thanks for the info! And congratulations on the upgrade!! We’ve been to BC but never stayed there. It’s one that is definately on our list!!

One more Magical Disney Moment.

WOW! Thats an upgrade alright! I know what you mean about missing the food courts though. We like to grab quick bites, especially in the Mornings!

How awesome that must have been??!!

We keep weighing back and forth whether we want to stay at a deluxe or just stay in the moderate because of no food court. We don’t eat at the fc all the time but it is nice to just pop in for a snack or quick bite on the run. You really can’t do that at the deluxes.

Oooh I hope we get asked to upgrade!!!

WOW!! :eek: :eek:

I thought nothing could ever beat the upgrade I got in 2002…from CBR to the Poly for $98. But you definitely beat that! That is an AWESOME upgrade, congrats!!! I bet that was a wonderful surprise! :biggrin:

There were TONS of cheerleaders and large groups at the values. Their chaperones stayed at moderates and they were also filled with cheerleaders, from what I heard. We were at AS Mo, which was full. That’s probably why the huge upgrade. What a deal though!

[QUOTE=Jen in Maine;932690]We just returned from our girls only vacation, had reservations at POP Century for three nights paying $64 per night with AAA, went to check in and they upgraded us to the Yacht and Beach Club - the Beach Club side - great hotel, great pool, though lots on construction.

Though, I have to wonder, is it really worth $335 per night?

Anyway, we enjoyed our stay there, probably won’t stay there if we had to pay full price (they are really lacking a food court when you have kids, that is important).

I really liked the hot tub - record lows last week – but those are available at the moderate.

But, it was really neat to stay at the resort. . . beautiful and LOVED the walk to Epcot![/QUOTE]

Holy Cow!! That is one of the best upgrades ever. I do think BC is worth 335 a night just to walk to Epcot! Congrats on the great trip!

We think so too, throw in the cool pool and we’re sold on it.

Wow, what an awesome upgrade! And to think we were thrilled when we were “upgraded” from a 50’s standard room to a 60’s preferred room :laugh:. Congrats!!

Sounds wonderful. I have not stayed at a Deluxe yet, so I am VERY jealous!

Woaw, that is an upgrade alright. Congrats. I wouldn’t have missed the food court:ph34r:

We wouldn’t either. We use the grab and go area at BC some but not a lot.

Wow! We have never been offered an upgrade of any kind, and we’ve never stayed at a deluxe, so I’m a little envious!