Upgrades

Has anyone even been upgraded to a better stateroom? We will be on Disney Wonder in May and are booked into a Cat 09. I hear they sometimes upgrade and was wondering if you have advanced notice or it’s done at the time of boarding. What are the chances and how do they pick who to upgrade? What a nice surprise that would be!

Yes, we were on our second cruise with them. We had an oceanview and were upgraded to a balcony room. We asked when we were checking in. I think it MAY have had something to do with the fact that we were repeat customers - there’s a special place to check in if you are - but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

llama, did you ask for the upgrade at the desk when checking in or did you have to go to another desk for upgrades? We are going on our second cruise this July and wondering about that. Thanks.

Just got back yesterday from 7 night Western Caribbean…
I asked ‘if there were any upgrades available’ when we were checking in, and were told no, and directed to another window where we were given the COST of any upgrades. We were in a Cat 10, deluxe(?)inside stateroom, to upgrade to a window was going to be $300.+, and a balconly would be around $600. additional I think.
We were fine with our inside stateroom, didn’t spend much time in it anyways!
But ALWAYS worth asking!!