Upgrading to Annual Passes

Okay,

Correct me if I am wrong.

We are going next week to Disney (Yay!) and have 8 day park hoppers that I got from Undercover Tourist. I have been told that during my stay if I want to pay the difference, I can upgrade those to Annual Passes. Anyone ever done this and is it true?

We have been invited to go again in October and if we go 5 more days, it just makes sense.

THanks for the info guys!

100% correct. I believe you have to do it before you swipe the last day on the current tickets you have.

Wwe did this about 5 years ago. It was really easy to do.

Yes you can.
Go to any park or DTD guest service window/counter before you use up the whole ticket.
I’d do it sooner rather than later and just get it out of the way.

Thanks guys! Now I just need to make up my mind huh?

I did this on my last trip. It was a way to get a discount on the APs!

Yes we did it too, as advised by Keith of Mouseketrips, very straight forward to do.

Just make sure you check the date on the AP when it’s issued. I just converted a ticket from AAA and it came up with a start date of Nov 10, even though the card was only purchased last month at AAA.

Once you use an expiring pass, the start date is the date you started using the pass which is at most 10 days prior.

It’s totally false that you have to do the upgrade before you use up the current ticket. Totally false. Even if you use up ALL of the entitlements on the ticket, you can still upgrade it, as long as you do so within 14 days of the first use of the ticket.

It’s a statement that I see talked about all of the time, but it’s just not accurate.

One other piece of advice I can give you is to make sure you use your ticket at least once (for admission to a theme park, water park, etc.) before doing the upgrade. it’s complicated, but the bottom line is that if you buy a ticket at any discount from the current gate price, and then you go to upgrade that UNUSED ticket, you’ll be charged not only the amount of the upgrade but ALSO the price difference between what you paid for the ticket and the current gate price.

Like I said, I know it’s complicated, and I know it doesn’t seem to make much sense, but it’s 100% accurate.