Upgrading to AP's?

We are going on April and have 7 day park hopper tickets. If I can convince my DH to go back again this year :angel: how much would it cost us to upgrade?

I don’t know what the park hoppers cost you, but the aps for adults are running about $499 right now.

We got them as part of our package. So honestly I don’t know either. DH has a handle on the trip cost.

I have done the math (I have a spreadsheet, but it’s in the wrong format to upload), and the AP is only a good deal if you plan to visit WDW 10 or more days in one year.

With 2009 rates, using Undercover Tourist, 7-Day Park Hoppers run about $45/day. The MYW 7-Day Park Hoppers are around $48/day. If you use your AP 10 days, you’re spending roughly $47/day. But if using the AP only 7 days will cost around $67/day - not a good deal at all.

If you’re limited to 7-days, it’s in your best interest to stick with the 7-Day Park Hopper - unless you plan to do some crazy shopping and really take advantage of the discount (15%, I believe). But keep in mind, with APs you can’t use DDP, and your Key to the World won’t function as your park ticket (then again, you’ll also lose those MYW perks if you decide to use Undercover Tourist).

I might be wrong (any MBer know otherwise?), but I don’t believe you can “upgrade” your package. By purchasing APs, you’re losing your MYW package. In order to “upgrade,” you’ll need to cancel your MYW tickets and purchase APs.

Thanks for your help! I was hoping if they price difference wasnt bad to convince DH to go back again this year. Oh well! I am happy going this year at all!!!

Do you want ANNUAL passes or SEASONAL passes? I’m pretty sure you can upgrade, and then your package just becomes a passholder package. Passholders can now get the meal plan . . . so it’s pretty much the same thing.

You might be able to persuade him to go with the 10-Day No Expiration option. The MYW ticket costs about $51/day ($49/day with Undercover Tourist). The price of park tickets generally increases each year, so this is a great way to save money on your next vacation (which guarantees you’ll go back!).

I just checked the website, and seasonal is only FL residents (I did not know that) APs are running $599 (ouch)

A 7 day parkhopper is $238 . . . so that’s a $361 difference . . . so unless you plan on going more then 7 more days again in the future, I don’t think it’s worth it?

(someone check my math) :whistling

Awesome! I’m behind… I thought Passholders were limited to Tables in Wonderland.

Thanks so much. Looks like if they continue the deals at b4g3f, that we would save more money than upgrading.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;940964]I just checked the website, and seasonal is only FL residents (I did not know that) APs are running $599 (ouch)

A 7 day parkhopper is $238 . . . so that’s a $361 difference . . . so unless you plan on going more then 7 more days again in the future, I don’t think it’s worth it?

(someone check my math) :whistling[/QUOTE]

With those prices, the 7-day parkhopper is $34/day (quite a bargain!). And if you ended up going only 7-days with the AP, that’s almost $86/day (eek!), which means that you’d have to go 18 days in order to have the equivalent price per day as the 7-day PH. That’s somewhat outrageous.

FL residents still have to book packages to get dining. But passholders do not, and I LOVE IT! Cuz I pay all up front when we go and it makes it soooo easy!

Yes! Another reason it pays to be a FL resident!! :mickey:

We can get a seasonal pass for $239 and an Annual for $359, that is a huge difference from $599 . . . I never knew it was that much (Thanks Walt!) :smile:

I guess DVC members have a whole other price structure?

****I just checked prices, and the Premium annual pass is $599 (includes waterparks and DisneyQuest).

The regular AP (equivalent to a PH) is only $469.

In which case, you’d only have to go 14 days in order to get a better deal than the 7-day Park Hopper. Still rather expensive, but if you plan to do two 4/3 vacations, you’d save a little (like a dollar! :laugh:).

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;940973]Yes! Another reason it pays to be a FL resident!! :mickey:

We can get a seasonal pass for $239 and an Annual for $359, that is a huge difference from $599 . . . I never knew it was that much (Thanks Walt!) :smile:

I guess DVC members have a whole other price structure?[/QUOTE]

I miss the days of being a FL resident… :crying:

(Well, then again, not like I was paying!)

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;940974]****I just checked prices, and the Premium annual pass is $599 (includes waterparks and DisneyQuest).

The regular AP (equivalent to a PH) is only $469.

In which case, you’d only have to go 14 days in order to get a better deal than the 7-day Park Hopper. Still rather expensive, but if you plan to do two 4/3 vacations, you’d save a little (like a dollar! :laugh:).[/QUOTE]

Oh good . . . I’m glad you checked . . . that did seem SO HIGH! :redface:

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;940941]I have done the math (I have a spreadsheet, but it’s in the wrong format to upload), and the AP is only a good deal if you plan to visit WDW 10 or more days in one year.

With 2009 rates, using Undercover Tourist, 7-Day Park Hoppers run about $45/day. The MYW 7-Day Park Hoppers are around $48/day. If you use your AP 10 days, you’re spending roughly $47/day. But if using the AP only 7 days will cost around $67/day - not a good deal at all.

If you’re limited to 7-days, it’s in your best interest to stick with the 7-Day Park Hopper - unless you plan to do some crazy shopping and really take advantage of the discount (15%, I believe). But keep in mind, with APs you can’t use DDP, and your Key to the World won’t function as your park ticket (then again, you’ll also lose those MYW perks if you decide to use Undercover Tourist).[/QUOTE]

Little Miss Magic you need to be in Guest Relations!!! :laugh:

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;940943]I might be wrong (any MBer know otherwise?), but I don’t believe you can “upgrade” your package. By purchasing APs, you’re losing your MYW package. In order to “upgrade,” you’ll need to cancel your MYW tickets and purchase APs.[/Q

Once you are at WDW you can upgrade most tickets at any Guest Relations at the parks or DTD. You have 14 days from the first day of use to upgrade to an AP. The value of the MYW tickets are applied to the cost of the AP.